Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are SG worth it anymore?
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Are SG worth it anymore?

Just wondering if Star Glad are worth making/leveling anymore since their hit has been reduced from 50 hits a second to 10. While I understand the nerf was set in place due to SG being too OP in PvM...I do think it was a bit harsh. I have a 7x/3x SG atm and it is proving to be difficult to level. I set my Moon map to the glast heim map with the owl barons/dukes mainly to farm feathers.

I have no idea what to set as my "Sun" map. I was hoping the map I choose to set as "The Place of the Sun" would be somewhere I could level decently. I have heard that Galions were good, but that was pre-nerf, and I have no clue how good SG are now against them.

Can anyone give me some advice on where to level, what gears to get, anything would be helpful really.

Also, was wondering if it was at all possible to up the hits per second? Maybe to like 20-25, which would make solo-leveling/leeching at Thors still almost impossible, but would help a lot when trying to level. What do you guys think? Should it be changed?Thinking
09-19-2009 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Are SG worth it anymore?

Lots and LOTS of fish and head over to Odin's :D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-19-2009 03:23 PM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

They're still one of the best mini-boss/mvp killers.
09-19-2009 03:54 PM
~Altera~ Offline
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS

MVP? lol

~Altera lvl 99/70 Sniper ~ : Altera lvl 9x/50 Wizard ~
Altera~ lvl 96/50 Sin ~ : ~Altera~ lvl 9x/6x High Priest ~
"heRO is a worthy server, that Altera doesn't deserve!"

[Image: basebelong-1.jpg]
09-19-2009 06:15 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Are SG worth it anymore?

Aaronock Wrote:Lots and LOTS of fish and head over to Odin's :D

Yeah, I plan on stockpiling on fish, not sure if I should save Odins02 or 03 as my Stars map.

A slight boost in hits per second would really help IMO, but it still won't be nearly as overpowered as it used to be at 50 hits per second. Is there any chance of this happening?

Also, to MVP even somewhat decently, you'd need top of the line gear, more so now then before since SGs cant do nearly as much damage as they used to. A +7-8 book with 3 AK cards is almost a must nowIcon_sad.
09-19-2009 06:36 PM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Warmth was nerfed long ago. 10 hits/second is fine and no, there are no ways to boost the number of hits per second. TKM's can no longer be used effectively in Thors due to the introduction of shield reflect.

Why would you waste 3 AK cards in a +7/8 book? +10 book at the least, preferably a +8/9 slotted ele book. Easier just to use race/ele specific carded books.

The only MVP TKMs can do effectively (with the right gears) in a solo case is Drac. The rest would require a lot of support and in that case there are generally better killers available.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
09-19-2009 07:10 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Soo...in the end...they're pointless now if you want to MVP with them because there are classes out their that do the job better. Soo, I guess all that they are useful for now is hunting feathers...or something along those lines?Sweat
09-19-2009 11:11 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

TKMs being an extended class were never meant to be as overpowered as they ended up being in PvM/MvP. are they useless? not really. they've never been useless, perhaps for soloing reasons they're not nearly as good as they used to be, but no class is particularly useless, especially when it comes to partying in the higher end dungeons.

one potential way of getting around shield reflect in thors is to have a pally devo you and absorb the reflect damage, unless that doesn't work that way anymore, in which case that really does suck, but there's other places to go as well. granted it'd be nicer if there was a map reset npc to reset warmths and angers, but i believe you can still get it to trigger the intended way by /doridori next to another TK class.
09-19-2009 11:46 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Yeah...I believe the chance of it working is something like .01....Cry.

And yeah your right, they were way too powerful before, but going from 50 hits to 10...thats a major nerf.
09-19-2009 11:57 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

if there's no kasa, can always move back to odin... and in whatever-time-of-the-future, there's one perfect dungeon that screams SG abuse so yeah... >>

09-19-2009 11:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply