Poll: For those potential hatter cards, I suggest...
This poll is closed.
Both Anubis Card and Hillwind Card should be hatter 23.53% 16 23.53%
Anubis Card should be hatter, but not Hillwind Card 11.76% 8 11.76%
Hillwind Card should be hatter, but not Anubis Card 13.24% 9 13.24%
None of these cards should be hatter 47.06% 32 47.06%
No opinion / Doesn't care 4.41% 3 4.41%
Total 68 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hatter NPC Update
Pistis_Sophia Offline
Sexy ingame moderator

Hatter NPC Update

Hello.

I volunteered myself to help with a script and recieved an assignment with the update of the hatter NPC.

I proposed many cards for the update I'm working for. I submitted the ideas and some are accepted, some are rejected. (Don't PM bother to me about those cards. They stay secret until the NPC's update is implemented.) But, for two cards, we don't have a common agreement. Instead of arguing, we decided to offer other players the choice.

Just about a quick reminder for hatter cards criteria:

1. Hatter cards are a way to reward low level players that find cards that wouldn't be used in gear, thus, wouldn't be worth their luck on finding a card.

2. Extremely abundant cards often see their worth greatly decreased because everyone already use one. No one wants them so they loose their worth.

3. The addition of a card to the hatter card list can change the economy's balance, even slightly. "Do we want the related side effects?"

Now here is the problem:

Anubis Card: Those monsters are already extremely reliable exp-wise. Since the SVN update, they even have regular drops and oridecon. Even if anubis aren't killed greatly in mobs (there are 10 in sphinx_4), there is still an abundance for these cards. Would it be too much to add this card as a hatter?

Hillwind Card: This monster's regular drops (100% + 90%) have a NPC worth of 1300z per monster already. Unlike anubis, those are very mobable. Would it be too much to add this card as a hatter?

N.B. There is no release date. If you buy those cards in foresight of a hatter use, you do it at your own risks.

Other Mr. Hatter features:
I'm currently looking for even more riddles. If anyone has a suggestion, please PM me about it. Do not post it where everyone can read it.

Edit: Typos, the usual.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2009 05:24 PM by Pistis_Sophia.)
09-20-2009 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE: Hatter NPC Update

Pistis_Sophia Wrote:Anubis Card: Those monsters are already extremely reliable exp-wise. Since the SVN update, they even have regular drops and oridecon. Even if anubis aren't killed greatly in mobs (there are 10 in sphinx_4), there is still an abundace for these cards.

Maybe.

Pistis_Sophia Wrote:Hillwind Card: This monster's regular drops (100% + 90%) have a NPC worth of 1300z per monster already. Unlike anubis, those are very mobable.

No. Just no.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
09-20-2009 05:22 PM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

add a few 1000 more hatter hats to the server if these cards are added. Why not nightmare and devurichi while were at it O.o?

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
09-20-2009 05:34 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

Neither imo, hillwind card-> abudant? yes, but, people already hunt their drop massively, making the card worth 400k would make the fields automatically get filled with people hunting for the card+the drops, and all of the ones people have in storage will automatically go into shops.

Anubis-> abudant? dunno really, but the point of hatter cards are cards that low level people can get so they can make Z easier and a bit faster =o, only way a low lvl person can get an anubis card is either powerlvling, or being a low lvl priest with TU (which even then wouldn't be THAT low lvled ._.)

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
09-20-2009 06:05 PM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

I've said some things about what I'd do if Hillwinds ever became a hatter card....

if you dont already know I guess you'll have to wait and see =p

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
09-20-2009 06:17 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Anubis card shouldn't be hatter, it'd thoroughly kill the price of a perfectly good shield card (see medusa, khalitzburg, thara) ie take what happened to Santa poring cards (tho gift boxes are more to blame for that)

Hill wind card ought to be hatter because its a limited use weapon card (as many hatter cards already are weapon cards)

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
09-20-2009 06:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

Are any of the other hatter cards huge EXP mobs? I can't think of any that are.

So why add in the 2 most killed monsters on hero? Stupid imo D:.

Quote:2. Extremely abundant cards often see their worth greatly decreased because everyone already use one. No one wants them so they loose their worth.

I used to have 15+ venatu cards, bean had 30+ but I don't think they should become hatter, then it would just become to easy.

Quote:3. The addition of a card to the hatter card list can change the economy's balance, even slightly. "Do we want the related side effects?"

The effect on the economy would be somewhat of a burst. The prices on hatter would drop probably 100k or so until everyone sold their hillwinds and anubis and god knows how many of those we have or how long that would take.

Hatters just now started getting back up to the 500k where they should be.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
09-20-2009 06:51 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

See if you asked me 350k is right where hatters "should be"

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
09-20-2009 06:55 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Most hatter cards that follow the rule of "useless" and "overly-abundant" are low level grinding spots that you don't stay there much after 2nd class change, like wolves and so on. Either that, or they drop no zeny with only average exp to begin with (old seal.) Specific reasons why these 2 are put to a poll, I already told you my reason from before. We can all re-examine the hatter card update after the poll regardless of how it goes though and re-define what makes a card, a hatter card. Some can go on the list, and some may even come out of the list again.

09-20-2009 07:31 PM
Slate Offline
Cue-ball Warrior

I'm with Jugger as for what hatters should cost. 400-500k for a hatter card is ridiculous.

As for making Anubis and Hill Wind hatters, I honestly see pros and cons both ways. The major upside is, obviously, people have a lot of these just lying around and rotting. Supply far exceeds demand, so putting demand up on them would be a good thing. Plus, it'd mean several free hatter trips for lots of people, which would be awesome. Icon_razz

On the other side of the coin, as has been mentioned, if these are popular grinding monsters now, making their cards hatters could mean their maps will be absolutely packed. There's already an uncomfortable amount of accidental KSing on these maps because of their popularity, and I can't imagine hattering them helping things in that regard. Hill Winds in particular would be bad like this, because nobody parties there, and we need more incentives to party around here, not stronger incentives to solo.

So for Hill Wind, I don't think it should be a hatter. Anubis, I'd say the pros and cons are about balanced; people party for Anubises, and they aren't mobbable like Hill Winds are, so they're not near as bad.

Didn't vote in the poll as there's not an option corresponding to my opinion. XD

[Image: 33918807.png]
Fortune Favors the Bald

Slate: 9x/6x Lord Knight
Basalt: 9x/50 Sage
Glass: 9x/50 Bard
09-20-2009 07:50 PM
Thread Closed