Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strange Graphic lag >.>
Sigard Offline

Strange Graphic lag >.>

I'm coming across some very strange graphical lag on one of my PC's.??When I start up hero and I'm sitting at the login screen, the mouse/pointer lags when I move it across the screen.??In game it's very jittery and I know it has something to do with the graphics, problem is I don't know how it started.??Everything worked fine for several days and then this randomly started occurring. Icon_sad

My PC is perfectly capable of running the game, it's only a few months old.??I've tried reinstalling it (Which seemed to work for a few minutes until I logged off and then logged back in later), tried a system restore, and I've checked to see if anything is taking up my memory/processor.

Also, I'm noticing very long loading screens in between warp points.

Thoughts/Suggestions?
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2009 07:12 PM by Sigard.)
09-22-2009 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

RE: Strange Graphic lag >.>

The mouse problem sounds like something I experience when I used to run two clients at once (another server). Do you have Mouse Freedom? You could try, if you don't have it, getting it, and if you do, removing it.

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
09-22-2009 08:02 PM
Sigard Offline

Hmm, I'll give it a go, but i'm not using windowed mode (though I've tried both windowed and fullscreen to try and fix it).
09-22-2009 09:03 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE:??Strange Graphic lag >.>

ShadowValentine Wrote:The mouse problem sounds like something I experience when I used to run two clients at once (another server). Do you have Mouse Freedom? You could try, if you don't have it, getting it, and if you do, removing it.
Do realize that the Mouse Freedom .dll may or may not work with your version of heRO. I've had no luck in trying to get it to work so far, as it always crashed heRO for me.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
09-22-2009 09:27 PM
Sigard Offline

RE: ??Strange Graphic lag >.>

Galt Wrote:
ShadowValentine Wrote:The mouse problem sounds like something I experience when I used to run two clients at once (another server). Do you have Mouse Freedom? You could try, if you don't have it, getting it, and if you do, removing it.
Do realize that the Mouse Freedom .dll may or may not work with your version of heRO. I've had no luck in trying to get it to work so far, as it always crashed heRO for me.

It didn't crash heRO for me, but it didn't help with the lag. I'll know when it works when the loading screens don't take 2 minutes to load >.<
09-22-2009 09:42 PM
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

The Mouse Freedom was the mouse lag, not the actual lag itself o.o The lag itself I have no idea, but have you tried resetting your router?

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
09-22-2009 10:03 PM
Sigard Offline

Here's the jist of it:

- Loading Screens take somewhere between 15-25 seconds to load (used to be instant)
- Strange lag while moving around (best described as jittery)
- Only appears to occur when both my brother and I are playing, and it only affects his computer; It will fix itself randomly after some time passes and neither of us are online. I might have also reset the router/modem during that time so I haven't quite pinpointed what is fixing it for the short period it actually works >.<
- He is using a Desktop which is directly connected to the router, I am using a laptop connected by wireless

Things I have done to try and remedy the situation:

- Restart my PC
- Restart the router
- Reboot the router
- Reinstalled Ragnarok/Sakray
- Allowed the game on my firewall
- Set up the QoS on my router to allow better management of bandwidth between both PC's
- Ran anti-virus and anti-spyware software to remove any potential threats

And the problem still exists ._.;;

Remember, it's fine until I start playing with him...and then it's laggy all the time. /swt
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2009 01:08 AM by Sigard.)
09-28-2009 01:07 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Sounds like you've done common fix that should remedy most problems, sorry to hear it's not solved.

Do you and your brother play other games simultaneously without problem?

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-29-2009 01:17 PM
Sigard Offline

Yeah, games such as:

starcraft, diablo II, Lotro, WAR, and Sins.

No problem there.

I'm probably going to try a reformat sometime here in the future =_=;;
09-30-2009 12:27 PM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

5 will get you 10 a reformat is not the solution.

The only time I've had 'jittery mouse' has been when I've launched Ventrilo after launching heRO through the patcher but before getting to the login screen. There isn't usually a huge increase in load times though.

So 2 questions: Are you launching through the patcher? Are you running other apps along with heRO?

I can't say I'm sure exactly what the problem is, but if you can avoid a reformat, I would.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
09-30-2009 12:38 PM