Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The super Gunsligner thread!
Gertrude Offline

The super Gunsligner thread!

Sup folks!

To put you in context, I played gunslinger on 5 different servers(3 low rate, 1 rate 50 and a rate 20k.) End of the context =)
So here comes the suggestions :

1.Full buster have like 1 second delai before the dmg is dealt. WHY?

Like I full bulster, we see 15 000 over the head of the sin, then he sonic blows me to death, then suddenly dies. Never had such a delai on eRo ou dollcevita.

2.Desperado have the same problem.
Idem.

3. When madness canceller is cast, the after cast delai is nearly 4 seconds... FOUR seconds. Since the skill last 15 seconds, it take 4 sseconds on the after cast delai, 1 more to start attacking. which makes the skill lay me in a useless phase for 1/3 of the duration of the skill. Any chance it could be reduced? (On eRo, there is almost no after cast delai on it.)

4. Slinger set isnt implented? (Commander's Manteau, Combat Boots & Elite Archer Suit Suit Equip Set) Yes, I know that RMS don't say where starts the quest... But rms don't say there is a quest for inferno(1) and all machine guns, and garrison and garrison(2) but quests are still there...

The quest to get it should be on one of the npc of the gun slinger guide in einbroch. On a rate 50 server which I forgot the name, one of the npc there was giving the 3 quests, so the slinger could have their set. Which can make the class even more competitive. Could be an item gathering like most of other gs equipment quests(Like garrison, garrison(2), inferno(1), drifter, etc)

5. Same thing for the new weapons that dont seem do drop and I found no quests on them in all einbroch.
Glorious Gatling Gun ,Soldier Gatling Gun, Glorious Shotgun, Soldier Shotgun,Glorious Revolver, Soldier Revolver. Same for rifles and rocket launcher. (But only revolver and shotgun would be enough =) If making quest is too complicated, you could make it drop from some boss/custom mob or whatever)

6. This is more a fantaisy, but you could try to make a link for all 3 extended class. It would be a good addition for the server! Skills could be obtainable like a platinum skills.

Suggestion of gun slinger spirit :

1. desperado could gain range. (like 5x5 instead of 3x3)
2. Still for desperado : Could be 3 to 10 hit instead of 1 to 10.
3. Could make all skills cost no coins.
4. Could flip 5 coins each time you flip a coin
5. Could make slinger able to move with adjustement and madness canceller (That could be a little more complicated to implement though)
6. 3 and 5 together. Would make those skills really usefull.
7.Make shotgun keep their 1 cell aoe even with spells(ex:Ful buster)
But this would be pretty much useless though so forget it XD

7v2. Double the effect of madness canceller and Adjustement.
8.Make desperado work with rocket launcher. (Ok, this is OP)
9.A mix of any of the suggestions up there to amke people fear the class a little when they are linked. Like when a sinx in soul linked, you run XD If I have an other idea, I will post it later Icon_biggrin

We could also add a soul link for the others extended class, but since I dont play them, I have no idea of what it could be.

So, these were my super suggestions. If you have any comments/suggestion, don't be shy.

That's it!

ps : What kind of problems can you have with compiling code? Since I work in C++, I just wonder what problem you can have compiling. (So if it happens to me, I'll know what not to do/what to do)
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2009 10:31 PM by Gertrude.)
09-30-2009 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

RE: The super Gunsligner thread!

delay*** not delai

the horrible grammar nazi hidden in the depths of my soul make me cringe when I read all your "delai"s Sweat

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
09-30-2009 10:44 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

I play a gunslinger here too, one of the top three actually, and all those suggestions I have to disagree with.

Yes it makes he class more useful, yes it'll make more people play, and yes it'll make more people think twice about them, but it makes the class seriesly way too overpowered.

As for delays, the one after full buster I can see annoying, but then thats a reason why not to use it at close range. If the opponite is too close, hit them with dusk which practically has no aftercast delay then full buster. Desperado was meant to be a close range attack for the 3x3. If it was 5x5, it'd have to be considered range, which would nullify its pnema piecing effects, and its not possible to make it do both...

I can't say anything for the gatling skills cause I don't use them.

The Gunslinger set and new weapons are overpowered and aimed at the pvp players. There actually is little to no use for them pvm. As for the current weapons quests, theyve always been there, much like the umbala weapons (sword/mail breaker and ect...) quests even though their not said on RMS either.

Extended class links, not going to happen in my opinion. It'd take a lot of coding at the source level, then you gotta make all the sprites, skill descriptions, and then test it completely to balance it. Its more trouble then its really worth in my opinion.

As for compliling problems, symantec's, operators, the linker, data libraries, and then theres continuity, clearity, and notation of the code are just starting problems...

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
10-01-2009 12:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Or it's just an extended class that's not meant to be on the same page as trans... they are above non-trans, but clearly below trans. You have to give something if you want to save yourself the trouble of not having the need to go through yet another 99 levels again.

10-01-2009 12:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

Let me tell you the reason why you havent played a gunslinger enough.

# 1 If you trully have played the class you would have noticed that the class is perfect as it is and no changed have to be made.

# 2 if your complaining about the class's limitations it means you havent fully even grasped what the concept of what a gunslinger is.

# 3 Gunslinger Link is Included in Renewal apparently its in the script,It will be available when the 3rd classes are enabled.

# 4 Gunslingers are MEANT to be the underdogs, only people will fear a skilled 99/70 GEARED gunslinger coming into pvp.(theres a few I Have the obligation to KOS asap*winks at GT-Hiro*)

# 5 Gunslingers are HAX enough as they are. No changes needed, only playing skill required.

also on a side note, please don't get mad if the Gms didn't accept your suggestion, or go around saying that the community is rude due to the "Need of acceptance" to you since i know its coming soon and i am merely trying to prevent a tragedy, and possibly even making yourself seem bad.

Play a Gunslinger, Learn From it, Embrace it, and Cherish the fact you can in a stable server with fair balanced costums.

Heres some nice sugestion.

Get TOH wings,They are hax.

Double Bloody Westen Outlaws + 7

Bloody Black Rose + 7

Gatekeeper + 7 (pvm/Mvp Use)

Feather Beret.

Rybio carded Zodiac Wings.(stun x 2 times)

thats all the basics i guess.

Now good luck,have fun,support Hero and Rate/vote.

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
10-01-2009 12:38 AM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

Quote:It takes a while and a few servers to be a decent gunslinger. It takes years and years on one good server to be a good gunslinger. It takes an eternity to be a great gunslinger.
@saii phear my range reducing gear Icon_twisted

I don't claim to be a great gunslinger, I only claim to be one of the best here because their not that common, especially at the lvl 95+ end. Icon_cry
Not geared right now for pvp either... although I do have a +7 Western outlaw XD

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
10-01-2009 01:08 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Gunslingers are a underdeveloped class, that I can agree with. However, the changes you listed are impossible/not worth the effort. I do hope in time Gravity decides to release a "trans" class for 'slingers, but its doubtful. Just be happy that you have one of the most powerful AoE skills at your disposal, ensures for some lols in pvp Icon_wink.
10-01-2009 01:42 AM
Gertrude Offline

RE:??The super Gunsligner thread!

GT-Hiro Wrote:Yes it makes he class more useful, yes it'll make more people play, and yes it'll make more people think twice about them, but it makes the class seriesly way too overpowered.

As for delays, the one after full buster I can see annoying, but then thats a reason why not to use it at close range. If the opponite is too close, hit them with dusk which practically has no aftercast delay then full buster. Desperado was meant to be a close range attack for the 3x3. If it was 5x5, it'd have to be considered range, which would nullify its pnema piecing effects, and its not possible to make it do both...

I can't say anything for the gatling skills cause I don't use them.

The Gunslinger set and new weapons are overpowered and aimed at the pvp players. There actually is little to no use for them pvm. As for the current weapons quests, theyve always been there, much like the umbala weapons (sword/mail breaker and ect...) quests even though their not said on RMS either.

Extended class links, not going to happen in my opinion. It'd take a lot of coding at the source level, then you gotta make all the sprites, skill descriptions, and then test it completely to balance it. Its more trouble then its really worth in my opinion.

As for compliling problems, symantec's, operators, the linker, data libraries, and then theres continuity, clearity, and notation of the code are just starting problems...

First, you havnt read my post correctly.

For full buster, I dont talk about his after-cast delay... I talk about the delay that the dmg takes to be done.
I'd like to see a sniper that must wait 1 second before his ds do something... I often kos'd snipers (Sup Flamage) and generally, I one shotted them, but they had time to cast 2 more ds and a FA before they died. Same for sins. They often sb me once, I survive with about 10% hp left, I have time to desp to time, he sb me once again, then I die. then he suddenly die too. (Sup The Pianist)

"As for compliling problems, symantec's, operators, the linker, data libraries, and then theres continuity, clearity, and notation of the code are just starting problems..."

Ok... operators... data library, continuity What are you talking about... Notation of the code. All those are just a part of programmation. When you code, you must code with the same 'grammar', that's the continuity... Clearity and notation is just how the programmation is done too... It's like saying that problems to go fishing are putting worms on the rod, or throwing the line in the water... All you listed is senseless.

And for bloodbane... Start to know what you talk about before posting about the class.

1.No classes are perfect...
2. Its not a limitation, its a bug. It wasnt that way on other servers.
3. My weapons are +9, My armors are +7, and I never talked about the defence or the attack power of the class... I talk about the 1 second delay before the dmg is done when I cast a spell. This is completely different.

4. Rybio carded Zodiac Wings.(stun x 2 times)
Should I laugh? The class I'd relly like to stun are LK and Ws. They generally don't stun.

And for GT-Hiro...
I mostly never see any other gs then me in pvp room nor in woe. And when I see one, I generally one shot it with full buster, 2 shot with rapid shower... I'm mostly the only active pvp oriented slinger with some gear at the moment.

And new weapons are not over powered... It dont add any dmg, it only add some survivability to the class. Right now, slingers are similar to hunter/snipers. It would make them a kind of 'tank' archer and its what its supposed to become when the set and new weapons are implented.

Edit : And for the one who talked about Dust... since dust have a 1 second cast(That can't be reduced by dext), I'll get one shotted before it could really be usefull. Try to dust a ws while he CT you. Come talk to me later about it. So, if you don't know what you talk about, do not post please.
Edit2 : About what GM-Ayu said. I'm not asking to boost the class... I'm asking to fix a delay bug. As I said about 4 times in this post. Also, since the new equip got impletented with the new svn (staff of thetir, staff of destruction, gigantic axe, etc) Why not implanting the extended class items too? I checked the effect if I had equipped the new set. It would give me around 1k5 hp. So its not OverPowered.

Just to clarify my idea, points 1 to 3 are??the 3 things that could really get fixed... When a dmg is done, it should not take 1 second before the dmg is really done... So, is there any chance that those points are going to be looked at? If you wish, I'll post a video of what i'm talking about.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2009 12:00 PM by Gertrude.)
10-01-2009 11:09 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Mmmm the only slinger I actually know WoEing since Arman did for a bit was some dude in ReVe (his name I think is Virgile?).
Full Blaster makes me think of how an Alice hits you, it takes a bit to make the damage go off but its always annoying when it happens. Thinking of a more team application to this, you could cut off several spellcasters standard timing to skills because of this delay for it to tick the damage hit.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-01-2009 11:13 AM
Gertrude Offline

And why could'nt I have the same timing if the dmg is done directly?
10-01-2009 11:14 AM