Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The "Vaccine"
ElvenCord Offline

The "Vaccine"

The ?Vaccine?

Chapter 1 - The Surprise

It was the last week of school of my seventh grade year. My two best friends were moving on to high school next year and I was going to be left behind. I was exhausted from all the studying I did the night before. I woke up to a shake of my desk and a very annoying ?Mr.Cord Wake up.? As I opened my eyes I realized it was my English teacher waking me up as the day was over. He then asked me to stay behind for a few minutes to talk. I thought oh god what could he want now? I had enough shit going on at the moment.
?Mr.Cord you are one of my best students so why are you sleeping in my class at the end of the year?? I then Looked up at him and said ?Look I was up all night studying so I was tired and slept, I?m as you said a great student and I?ve got my own plans for next year!? He then looked at me and sighed ?Ok just don?t overdo it. See you tomorrow.? I then walked out of the classroom half asleep by the way my name is Elven Cord.
I was happy that was over and felt bad that I had to tell my friends we would have to close the Computer Shop for the summer. I was walking towards our usual meet. I then saw my two friends standing there in the corner the one on the right was my friend Rippy, He was wearing a bunch of wristbands he had on an ICP T-shirt and was wearing long pants with chains hanging from them.
The One on the left was Raven Silvar, Today he was wearing a T-Shirt that he had personally put the name of his favorite j-rock band on the front and blue jeans with maker and rips all over them. ?Hey Guys what?s up?? Rippy then turned to me and said ?What?s This e-mail about you closing the Cord Rippy and Silvar Computer repair shop?? Raven then looked at me and said ?Look Elven we have been friends all year and we opened our own computer shop and the first summer we?re going to be open and now we?re not??
I shuffled my hands as not knowing what to say ?Look guys I know that but I won?t be able to pay the bills for it because I will be busy all summer and won?t have any free time.? Rippy looked at me and started to speak ?Elven how can? Raven cut him off ?Look Echo?s our friend and if he says he can?t he can?t leave it at that I?m sure he has his reasons? We then all said bye and parted. I felt bad that we wouldn?t be open and we wouldn?t be able to hang out but I had a very brutal summer ahead.
Well this summer was pretty dull and nothing important happened except the fact that my friends thought I had abandoned them because I didn?t talk to them until one week before school started. I had been studying and testing all summer and no not because I had failed. I was doing this because I wanted to be with my friends when they went to High School. On the last week of summer break I called them up and told them to haul ass to the shop I was able to open. Of Course they were both there in half the time it would normally take.
As they both ran in out of breath and ready to faint from the heat I tossed them both ice cold bottled water. Which was gone in a matter of seconds then they both collapsed from drinking cold water so quick. They were lucky I put down pillows or else that really would have hurt. They were both pretty tough mentally and never gave up so they were up within about five minutes. Once they came to they both looked at me and screamed ?Where have you been?!?? I looked at them ready to laugh ?Oh so you rush over here I have water ready and pillows for you to pass out on and all u can do is scream at me? Seems you guys lost your manners? We all looked at each other and began to burst out laughing.
Raven looked at me and said ?well too bad we couldn?t open this summer? Rippy then nodded in agreement. I then looked over to our normally empty rack of need to be repaired computers and said ?What do you guys mean? Business is better than ever!? They then looked at each other and then back at me and Rippy said ?Elven what on earth are you? He stopped in mid sentence as I directed their eyes towards the 5 full racks of need to be fixed. Their jaws dropped and they looked at me and screamed ?HOW?!?
So I started laughing and said ?Well you see with us being shut down through the summer a lot of people said they wouldn?t take their computers anywhere else because they knew they would get ripped off so I decided for one week we would open, it?s a lot more than I expected though you guys ready for the challenge?? they again looked at each other and then me and said ?Hell yea!?
We all laughed then Raven looked at me and said ?But it will take hours to pull up all the software we need up on all of them? I smiled and said ?Taken care of, the preparations are all done now shall we get started?? We all then began working like crazy Rippy did the software work, Elven did the hardware, and Raven did the Graphics. When the day was over we were all exhausted we had done a rack a piece 2 left to go and we had made a major amount of money. I looked at them and said ?How about since we just got some money and I think we?re all hungry let?s go get some food and then come back finish the last 2 racks and pass out?? Rippy then said ?Sounds good I?m Starved!? Raven said ?I could go for some food and a night over in the shop sounds nice to finally a night out woot!?
We then decided we were too exhausted to go anywhere so we ordered take out. As we were sitting there enjoying our food while Rippy was more of stuffing his face I decided to bring up the upcoming school year. ?So guys are your classes any good this year??
Rippy said excitedly ?Yea man we have all the same classes this is going to be awesome!? Raven then immediately rammed Rippy in the ribs with his elbow ?Rippy, you asshole! Elven isn?t going to be with us this year.? Rippy then gasped for air and said something you could barely make out ?Oh yea my bad? he then fell to the ground me and Raven began to laugh.
When Rippy got up he said ?Sorry about that Elven and you Raven I swear I?m going to get you back when you least expect it!? I looked and them and said ?It?s ok guys this year?s going to be great!? Raven looked at me funny and said ?Wow you sure are more enthusiastic about it than I expected? I thought yea me too and said ?I guess you never know what will happen until you try right?? Rippy looked at me and laughed and then said ?Yea that is true?
We continued to work into the night. We woke in the morning to the rest of the customers at the door ready for their pc?s back. Once we were done we all went home and showered and met at the mall to get some new stuff we had all been wanting. As we parted to head home I said to them ?See you guys this week at the shop, maybe sooner? They both were kind of confused and laughed and said ?Ok? and we went our separate ways.

We continued to fix computers over the rest of the week but business wasn?t as good as it was at first of course. The day was finally here Raven and Rippy?s first day of High School. Little did they know I studied all summer so that I could pass the 8th grade exams and move on to high school with them. I got there super early and sat in a corner most I could tell wouldn?t visit. I had my hood covering me and waited because I knew this would be where they would come.
They got there soon after and I was waiting for the right moment and they both screamed ?Elven get your ass up we know your there.? Shit I forgot about that I?m not sure what it was but we always had this way of being able to find each other no matter the circumstances. I guess it was like a sixth sense or something of that sort.
I then jumped up and screamed ?Surprise?. They both looked at me in complete confusion then Rippy went to speak ?What? Raven cut him off almost immediately ?So this is why you couldn?t talk to us all summer huh?? Rippy looked and said ?Why didn?t you tell us? We could?ve helped? I then looked up and said ?It was supposed to be a surprise, but you guys found me immediately because I forgot about that thing?
Raven then laughed and said ?Yea you should?ve known we would find you? He then smiled and we all began to laugh.

I then looked at them and they had this same look on their faces right when I did, it was a look of confusion and fear of what it was. I then said ?Is it just me or did a couple more sensors just pop up?? Raven said ?Yea man this makes no sense used to it was only us who we could sense and now it?s more than just the three of us?
Rippy then said ?There are now four more, but only one is the same type as us the other three are different? I then looked scared shitless and said trembling ?Different how?? Raven looked and thought about it ?Yup that?s got to be what it is? Rippy said ?What, what are the others?? I Looked up and said ?I agree raven and I like it? Rippy was still confused I directed his eyes to the four other sensors going off and he got the biggest smile ever. Rippy then smiled and said ?I like?.
We figured they had seen us like we saw them but they all completely walked by us as if it was nothing. We looked at each other and said ?Wow so we can sense them but they can?t sense us?? We were all completely confused but then the guy that was with the three females stopped and walked over to us as the girls kept walking.
He stood in front of us and then said ?Hi my name?s Max Drusus, but who are you guys?? I looked at him and said ?What kind of question is that to randomly walk up to us and ask who we are?? he then looked at us and said sorry my mistake I thought you were someone else. He then began to walk away and raven said ?Stop, you didn?t mistaken us you felt something so you came over here right??
Max then stopped and turned and said ?So I wasn?t imagining things? I looked at him and said ?no you weren?t? Rippy then said ?We honestly don?t know what this is but until you and those other three walked by we have only had that happen with each other.? Max looked at us and said ?Same with me until now it?s only been them I could sense but they don?t have it it?s weird.?
We all looked at each other and I said ?Well maybe we will see you in class or something? Max then said ?Me and the three of them have the same classes what about you guys? Rippy then said ?We have all the same classes? Raven and Max then compared their classes. Everyone then looked at each other as if it was some sort of a conspiracy.

Thats just Chapter one please post and let me know what you think
10-01-2009 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply