Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shiftless Fate of the Abominating Warrior; The Story of Kalcurz
Finitevus Offline
Antique Adventurer

Shiftless Fate of the Abominating Warrior; The Story of Kalcurz

(I hope you will enjoy my first [tragic] Ragnarok related story. It was written in quite a rush too? also, if you?re wondering why the adventurers are weak, let us assume they are ?first generation? explorers, completely unprepared and not that experienced. I also made a few items unavailable to them? either they were unprepared or it didn?t exists is up to you. In addition, this is told in a ?real-life? situation, where you can die? kinda like Ragnarok the Animation. Lore-wise, I?m just making things to help fit the story? anywho, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Now without further ado, here's the background story for my Knight, Kalcurz)

Part 1: Tragedy

Many years ago, the ruling government of Rune-Midgard (at that time) have just cleared an area in Geffen of dangerous monsters to fill the place filled with glorious castles for the use of an event known as "The War of the Emperium". It is said that during this purge, a group of beastly humanoids with green skin were driven from their place and were forced to camp further south from the castle area. These creatures were called Orcs. Although they are able to talk, they talked as though they have just learned the language and have the mannerisms of a barbarian. The people of Rune-Midgard were advised not to go near the Orcs, but there was still some exploring and map recording to accomplish?

A group of adventurers decided to explore the unknown areas of Geffen. It was the perfect party, with all the known classes. These adventurers were not the strongest, but they were confident enough to survive any challenges to come. The adventurers explored further south, into what is now called ?West Orc Village?. At first, the group did not really know what to expect. They have heard rumours and other information from previous adventurers about the place. Although they were beastlike, they still lived like humans. Supply boxes and huts were found around the area. The stealthiest of the group scouted ahead , reporting about different type of orcs warriors, blue and green skinned. Some female ones were also found. Archers were scouting from their wooden towers. There seemed to be two unusually big orcs, one of them had a big golden hat with feathers, while the other was a lot buffer than normal orcs and were surrounded by archers. They were dubbed the Orc Hero and Orc Lord since they seemed to be followed and respected by their fellow orcs.

As the adventurers continued to move deeper into the Orc Village, the party was ambushed. It appears the Orc Hero and Orc Lord already knew they were here. The Orc Warriors fought with furious vengeance in their eyes. Perhaps it was anger that was due to the genocide of Orcs, forcing them to move deeper into the fields. While the Orc Hero and Orc Lord stood and watched from afar, one by one, the party members fell. ?Quick! Everybody retreat!? bellowed the Knight to the other members. ?We shall hold them off!? said the Crusader, raising his Shield. The both of them knew they were not going to make it, but they were willing to sacrifice for the ones they cared for. ?C?mon you idiots! I?m your enemy!? provoked the Knight, hoping to let all eyes shift to him. The two fought valiantly, but were no match for the outnumbering axes that chopped them. The Assassin and the Rogue stealthily approached the leaders, but were overpowered by them due to their massive strength. The Orc Leader smashed the skull of the assassin with his foot, while the Orc Hero gabbed the rogue and pummeled him into the ground repeatedly. The Hunter, Monk, Alchemist and Blacksmith attempted to clear the path for their magic users, but was then interrupted by the Orc Hero, who seemed annoyed. The Monk attempted his Asura Strike against the Orc Hero, but was stopped by a torrent of arrows fired by his archer bodyguards. All of them died a gruesome death, but one managed to survive: a female human Priest that was knocked out during the battle. She was kidnapped and tortured by the Orcs.

A few days had passed, and the Priest was found half-dead near the guild castle area. She was immediately taken to Prontera to be treated by the best of the best. ?This is surely a message from the Orcs?? said the people of Rune-Midgard. ?Perhaps it is wise to no longer mess with these beasts??

Several weeks passed, and the Priest recovered, but was advised to rest for several more months. They said that her mental stability would still be heavily damage after the traumatic experience, especially since her husband, the Knight that tried to protect the party, died. The only memory left of him is the baby she was going to have?

[Image: 2r3b5v5.jpg]

Kalcurz (XX Lord Knight) - "Abominating Warrior"
Finitevus (5X Mage) - "Unidentified Rune"
Lightmare (4X Gunslinger) - "Red Dead Ringer"
Keiru (5X Ninja) - "Sharp Ghost"
Rothschild (6X Rogue) - "Sleeping Dagger"
Dazak (5X Acolyte) - "Enlightened Host"
10-06-2009 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

RE: Shiftless Fate of the Abominating Warrior; The Story of Kalcurz

Nicely done, it is always hard to start a story from scratch and it seems that you put tons of time just for this page. keep up the good work!

Ok

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
10-06-2009 05:03 PM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

I'm going to nitpick as a fellow writer, and urge you to keep your tenses. You jump a lot from past to present tenses (have instead of had, is instead of was).

But other than the grammatical nitpicks, very good Kal! Tragic, but poignant.

Gerik - Some noob Battle High Priest
Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

[Image: TeaCyber.jpg]
[Image: Proto.jpg]
10-12-2009 12:40 PM
Finitevus Offline
Antique Adventurer

Oh hey, I remember this. I guess I'll continue this... I have a draft of the next part somewhere I think. If not, I'll just continue the story with something new, haha.

(Main reason being that I want to get in RPing again, hurr. A background would be neat to have.)
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 11:42 AM by Finitevus.)
02-24-2011 11:35 AM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Hehe I like it Icon_smile
I'm kind of interested in starting a roleplay on the forums actually Icon_biggrinU Had plenty of experience hosting on GaiaOnline, so I'm starting to think 'why the hell not?'. I need to get back into roleplaying myself before I lose my touch Icon_wink

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
03-01-2011 07:41 AM
Finitevus Offline
Antique Adventurer

I've never involved myself with infants of GaiaOnline thank you very much.
03-02-2011 12:30 PM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

..I migrated form neopets ironically. Sweat
It's more of asking my friend to help me organize it. He formulated the vast majority of his characters off of RBO.. >.>

Thankfully, I'm really detaching myself from Gaia now. >.> Starting to get boring, and a big money grab.

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
03-02-2011 04:21 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp