Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
grai- Background Story
grey Offline

grai- Background Story

Well I created a thief character in heRO almost more than a year ago, while playing, this story began to appear in my head but then i quit heRO, saying RO world goodbye maybe the 20th time...

Now I returned a week ago, the forgotten story also reappeared when i saw my little thief, so I decided to write it down.

Here it is, who 'grai' is, why she became a thief and more...

Background story- As far as she remembers

Grai was born in to a very poor family in Prontera. She doesn't remember her mother at all. Probably died from an illness. Her father was an alcoholic. He always made Grai steal alcohol for him and she usually had to steal food too. One day she found her father dead at home, when she was just back for stealing a bottle of yellow plant liquor. She never liked her father anyway. So the only thing she felt was shock.
"Is this man really dead?" she thought while poking him with the tip of liquor bottle.
After his head tilted to the side in a way only possible for an inanimate object, and seeing his wide open blank eyes, she realised that the man was really dead. She didn't know what to do. Her only aim up until that moment was to find something to eat or drink for her father. Then the realisation suddenly hit her: She was free! She could get away from this house, this living she hated and despising looks of others. She could start over anew.
In a search of a new life, not knowing where to go, she ended up in Morroc. But of course nobody had any job to offer to a skinny 11-year-old girl. So after many hungry days, despising herself, she stole again. But the sellers and merchants were more cunning here, since they had to deal tons of thieves each day. She got caught. Afraid of being sent to an orphanage(she had always pictured orphanage as some sort of jail), she took the offer from one of the bystander thieves. He told her the tales of brotherhood between the thieves and how free and strong they were. Impressed by the idea of supportive brothers and sisters she took the offer and let him take her to the thief guild hidden in the ancient pyramide.
It was too late when she realised that there were no such bonds between thieves. They were always alone in whatever they did, never trusting other ones, especially the other thieves.
Being despised by almost any other class was also not helping. She felt that her dreams were crushed... setting up a new life with a respectable title...with lots of reliable friends...

[The Story which decided Grai's fate - At least she thinks so]

Whatever her conditions were, she didn't want to steal again. So she took any other job she could. Collecting chonchon wings, grasshoper legs or singing plants for mage guild; herbs for alchemist(looking for Plants for hours and getting her hands all swollen and red) or Peco Eggs for inn owners...
One day when she was trading picky feathers for zenies she heard that Prontera Office was hiring adventurers no matter which title or job they had. Hearing about the the great opportunity, she decided to go back to the Pron...

-hopefully going to continue in the second post-Icon_suprised
10-10-2009 08:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
grey Offline

RE: grai- Background Story

*reserved*
10-10-2009 08:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply