Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installation problem
destroika Offline

Installation problem

So I couldn't see the skills in my skill tree and found the gm post on that topic.

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=10957

Since I haven't updated heRO in a while, I figured I'd need to just download a new full version. When I went to install the fresh download, it got to 95%, the Sakup.exe file when the installer just stops responding. I made sure heRO was uninstalled from my computer, then ran a registry cleaner and restarted my computer. I went to install again and it stopped responding again in the same place. I ran the registry cleaner again, restarted my computer again and am now downloading again in case I somehow got a bad download. I just wanted to post what happened to get your opinion on the situation.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2009 08:08 PM by destroika.)
10-09-2009 05:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE: Downloader problem

Ayu left out something very important in that topic. You're supposed to change the word in patch_list.txt from "deny" to "allow". THEN you make it read only, so the kRO servers don't change it back to deny (and thus, making it impossible to update Sakray).

Maybe that's the problem, but if it isn't, post back here. We will try to help.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
10-09-2009 06:03 PM
destroika Offline

RE: Downloader problem

Too bad I didn't know that before I uninstalled heRO for the new installer. Now I can't even install heRO as the installer stops responding when it gets to installing the Sakup.exe file. It doesn't matter what I alter in the RO folder at this point as it must be overwritten anyway to install. I'm stumped...
10-09-2009 07:51 PM
Former-GM-Vanadis Offline

RE: Installation problem

It's actually still working, just that the file it's unpacking is 1gb+ and thus it seems to hang. Just let it run for a bit longer and it will finish.

Something to report to the GMs? Use the heRO support ticket system!

Wondering what custom content is in heRO? Check out the heRO Wiki!
10-15-2009 06:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
destroika Offline

RE: Installation problem

IT'S ALIVE!!

Thanks very much, that solved all the problems I was having. =D
10-18-2009 11:40 AM