Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guild Tax cap increase?
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Guild Tax cap increase?

Was wondering, is it possible to increase guild tax cap from 50% to something like 70%?

A earlier thread concerning the lack of WoE guilds, and as a result lack of WoE competition, made me consider this as one of the possible solutions.

A 20% hike in guild exp gained is fairly significant, and might encourage those that want to start a guild, but are unsure due to the time needed to level, to go ahead and make one.

More WoE guilds = a better WoE experience overall, no?

I've been trying to think of a downside to this for a while now (just so I can cover both sides), and honestly, the only "downside" I could think of is a flood of WoE guilds being created. But I can see that fixing itself in time as the people who are dedicated to making a WoE guild prosper, and those that aren't disband their guild and join another one.

Today's WoE wasn't exactly the best this server has seen. Only one break throughout the duration of WoE if I'm not mistaken, and it took two guilds to do so.

From what I know so far, the only guilds being created for non-trans is mine, and a *possible* guild created by members of Behe (can never get a straight answer from them Mad ). I do hope more guilds pop up in time.

So, what do you guys think? Should this change happen?
10-21-2009 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Guild Tax cap increase?

I'd be fine with it, I suppose. But I don't think it will make a difference. I don't see a very significant downside to trying, though could we make it 75% instead? I like the number better.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-22-2009 12:15 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Yeah, 70% was just a number that came to mind, 75% would be even better Icon_wink.
10-22-2009 12:47 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Heck if that's the case why don't we just jump to 100%....

Not enough Woe Guilds is the problem right now
A flood of Woe Guilds would fix our quiet WoE problems somewhat.

Personally I never quite figured why there's a cap at all. After a while I just accepted it....cause thats "the way 'big brother' wants it to be"

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
10-22-2009 01:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I was surpised coming here it wasn't 100% honestly. I thought it was that way on any server (at least other previous ones I played had it that way). Its not a big deal to me either way.

Arman you coulda asked me if you needed help leveling your guild :<

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-22-2009 01:13 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Well I would guess Gravity capped it at 50% for it to take longer for players to level a guild. The longer it takes, more likely the more money they will make in the process as well.

Now why it isn't 100% on heRO...no clue. Guess we've just been used to the "status quo". I personally think something in the 70-80% range is more than enough, but if 100% is an option as well, I wouldn't be against it.
10-22-2009 01:14 AM
Lord Adjuchas Offline

it should not be changed the cap...
its totaly uncool and unthoughtfull to people who been working htere asses off lvling there guild to lvl 35 o w/e
and now just coz some noobs got annoyed with long guild lvling it shouldnt be changeD!!!
-1 SH*T idea

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
JaggerJack 99/70 champ
GrimJaw 99/69 sinx
10-22-2009 01:16 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Guild Tax cap increase?

Aaronock Wrote:I was surpised coming here it wasn't 100% honestly.??I thought it was that way on any server (at least other previous ones I played had it that way).??Its not a big deal to me either way.

Arman you coulda asked me if you needed help leveling your guild :<

I'm fine, no worries Icon_wink. The boost will help me greatly, and I would be lying if I said this idea occurred to me because I wanted to help everybody else leveling-wise. Its a pleasant bonus that it will help quite a few people Icon_biggrin.

I've never stayed longer than a week on any other previous RO server, so I never knew what the tax rates were on them. 100% would be great, seeing as once your 99, the 50% that isn't taxed is basically wasted.
10-22-2009 01:18 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Guild Tax cap increase?

Lord Adjuchas Wrote:it should not be changed the cap...
its totaly uncool and unthoughtfull to people who been working htere asses off lvling there guild to lvl 35 o w/e
and now just coz some noobs got annoyed with long guild lvling it shouldnt be changeD!!!
-1 SH*T idea

So you would rather keep it the same because you suffered through leveling your guild and want everyone else to do so as well?

Well if thats your take on this topic, would it be too far-fetched to ask for GRs back in OCA because all the "veteran" players had it too easy in having a chance to obtain them with little to no effort?
10-22-2009 01:21 AM
Lord Adjuchas Offline

you still have a chance of obtaining one with even less effort jsut just
buy/trade it....

Edit: every next noob has guilds now... so if u make it easier to lvl even more noob guilds = woe will suffer even more than alrdy is... think(about others sometimes) not only urselves.. srslyMad

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
JaggerJack 99/70 champ
GrimJaw 99/69 sinx
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2009 02:20 AM by Lord Adjuchas.)
10-22-2009 02:19 AM