Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DB Rooms
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

RE: ??DB Rooms

Ardney Wolf Wrote:
Sakurato Wrote:while we're at it..........

DB WARPER IN EVERY TOWN!

There's a healer, kafra, warper??and pvp in ever town but pront is the only one with DB warper Icon_sad

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=9914 <-- never got any answers Icon_sad
Yeh, I was wondering what ever happened with that thread. A warper in every town would rock. You could even tie them each to a separate private DB room. 2 birds with 1 stone, and all.

Not a bad idea my good Sir.
11-05-2009 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

RE: ??DB Rooms

Ardney Wolf Wrote:
Sakurato Wrote:while we're at it..........

DB WARPER IN EVERY TOWN!

There's a healer, kafra, warper??and pvp in ever town but pront is the only one with DB warper Icon_sad

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=9914 <-- never got any answers Icon_sad
Yeh, I was wondering what ever happened with that thread. A warper in every town would rock. You could even tie them each to a separate private DB room. 2 birds with 1 stone, and all.

Amen.

I would love a DB warper and private room for Louyang Love

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
11-05-2009 11:45 PM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

RE: DB Rooms

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:
Ellie Wrote:
Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:We had another thread about this. And not one in every town. How about one in all 6 towns you deliver letters too?

Eh. But only half the guilds who would probably use it (that are outside Pront) are in those 6 towns.

Then you have NE in Rachel, What is still around of LW? in Hugel, Rev in Gon...

Those guilds can use one of the other 6 when they want. It's not hard. Seriously.
Posting here because it's the more recent thread.

I agree with Matrim, though to be fair depending how modifications to the NPCs and maps work on eAthena it might not be hard to populate every town with a DB warper and it's own private room either.

If the NPCs are just triggers (when X is clicked do Y) with pointers (load map Z) then duplicate NPCs could be scripted (such as the warper and save NPCs) with pointers to to multiple instances of our existing private DB room.

In other words, if we assume that the Pront private DM room is the master map "privateDBroom", we would then make several copies of that same map with different names to be referenced (i.e. privateDBroom_pay, privateDBroom_lou, etc.) by the multiple DB warper NPCs. We would then clone the DP warper npc and give them similar references (DBwarper_pay, DBwarper_lou, etc.). Each warper NPC would then be slightly tweaked to point to their respective map as opposed to pointing to the original master master map while the rest of their scripting remains the same and voila!, multiple DB warpers and private rooms.

Of course, this is all assuming that the eAthena environment is as robust and malleable as that. But even if it doesn't function exactly like I've outlined here, I don't imagine it'd be so different as to greatly increase the amount of work that would be needed to achieve the same result. After all, most programmers want to spend as little time writing code as possible Icon_wink

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
11-06-2009 12:27 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??DB Rooms

The Legendary Joe Wrote:I would Definately not mind a DB Room that is nothing but a giant water pool~

With as??Rare as it is to get places where wizards waterball is effective in PVM (without dedicated sage/prof/ninja to provide water for me to use over and over again), it'd be nice to have a place??where I can use and abuse a free source of water against completely random enemies =x??And not like watery maze from the old selection of DB rooms, the narrow paths in that limited??how much damage I could actually do in there per cast and actually hurt for targeting things sometimes.
Still voting for A Kiddy pool~
11-06-2009 08:07 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Kiddy pool~?

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
11-07-2009 12:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

give some <3 to waterball wizzies once in a while Ok

-w-
11-07-2009 02:16 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

bumppppppppp good stuff in this this thread :3.

/annoy for db warper/more rooms *-*.

Room was used literally all day today by the same people >Icon_sad. Needs new priv DB rooms.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
01-23-2010 08:23 AM
Krumb Offline
Lazy Cartographer

Yeah, this would be especially nice since the rates on crooked hat BB's have exploded recently.

Week(s) late edit for tense correction.

"Don't be a dick"
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2010 03:38 PM by Krumb.)
01-24-2010 12:10 PM
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

+1 for making more private rooms

or at least to restyle a bit the existing one, like removing the walkable part on south reachable only with teleport *annoying when mvp's telep there*

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
02-03-2010 01:36 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Again, can we get this on high priority as in can we actually just get the damn rooms copied, code done and get it tested?

I again did not get the room for an hour when I paid 50k today to get access to the room. Some other team got it before me.

I'm tired of this problem so at least can I be compensated my piddly 50k for my frustrations at this issue?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-05-2010 10:22 PM