Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New MVP Domination Rule
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: New MVP Domination Rule

I've always thought MvP's were FFA simply because it avoided headaches like these. I almost feel we're going to be super paranoid when mvping now...it shouldn't be like that, I'm scared honestly that people will be out to get me or others over this rule, and I've never felt this way about heRO rules before.

I know good intentions were the cause of this rule but...

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-09-2009 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Personally, I've always enjoyed messing with the slaves.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
11-09-2009 03:18 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

This rule makes me not want to solo MVPs with my Champion anymore really =/ I think it's ridiculous and honestly, just pushes the preschool image of this server even further.

Edit: Oh well I'll probably get over it eventually.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2009 05:15 PM by Fruityla.)
11-09-2009 03:55 PM
Silk Offline
Prince of AFK

I don't even MVP, and I still disagree with this rule. I don't feel like retyping things, so I'll just say it's for many of the reasons stated above and on other pages. >.o

[Image: Banner.png]
Silk - 9x/6x Whitesmith; Knights of Lunch Guildmaster.
Polyester - 9x/6x Clown; AFK Officer.
Acrylic - 9x/6x High Priest - Akuma.
Rayon - 8x/5x Professor; 'Elaborate' Guildmaster.
Cotton - 9x/6x Sniper; Divine Nocturne Member.
Denim - 8x/5x Paladin; Guildless.
Leather - 8x/5x Stalker; Guildless.
11-09-2009 09:55 PM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

I haven't even read the rule, or this thread for that matter, but I've heard some side comments about it and most importantly its title:

"MVP DOMINATION"??

It makes me giggle like a little school girl with her mind in a terrible gutter. lol.??"cya guys later, Imma' go dominate Maya after I finish doin' her purple sister straight up!"

maybe someday I will get around to reading about what it implies, honestly tho I figure I'll just keep MVPing as usual until someone yells at me for it and I'm forced to look at them.??

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2009 12:49 AM by Herman.)
11-10-2009 12:48 AM
Izael Offline
Cantankerous Geriatric

Quick question. If someone is storm gusting a MVP, say hibram cause it's a common tactic, and I come along and start storm gusting too, am I going to get jailed or banned or something cause storm gust can't over lap? Because technically that is interfering with the first come, first serve party. Also, if I am allowed to do that, am I now the dominate party? Because the MVP AI will switch aggro to me with no other attacks getting through.
11-10-2009 12:51 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??New MVP Domination Rule

Herman Wrote:It makes me giggle like a little school girl with her mind in a terrible gutter. lol.??"cya guys later, Imma' go dominate Maya after I finish doin' her purple sister straight up!"

Jerk.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
11-10-2009 05:28 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??New MVP Domination Rule

Izael Wrote:Because technically that is interfering with the first come, first serve party. Also, if I am allowed to do that, am I now the dominate party? Because the MVP AI will switch aggro to me with no other attacks getting through.

The same thing to ask yourself about:

1) Is the only outcome from whatever you did to prevent other parties to kill the MVP? (No, plus if the other party is also using SG/ME, then they really should be able to SG frequent enough to block whatever as well as a *side effect*)

2) Also I guess it's working on assumption that the other party is also using SG/ME only as their method? From what you said, seems like it's outdamaged thus why switching aggro target to me, which is the point to how the rule works. So it'll be as you said: a mvp is dominated by whoever it's aggroing or chasing down.

@Izael's previous post:

I think now it's down to a matter of preference of why have competition by outdamage only vs competition by anything goes... preferences can't really be defended.

@general heRO:

I don't think the rule will cause as much jailing/muting as everyone described. The only thing it really stops is people doing something intentionally purely to prevent others from being able to attempt MVPing at all, like using ice wall to block other people or pneumaing the mvp when there is no need of it.

We've discussed about the rule again, and if players are having so much doubt about how it works, we don't mind setting a "trial period" for this rule. If it's really shown that the rule causes more outreaching problem than people predicts, we don't mind taking it back. Likewise for players, trust in the GMs after few months of looking at other server's actions on MVPing that this rule isn't something new, and other servers have shown great success in enforcing/judging over this rule (without banning 1/4 of the server or anything like that.)

@Herman

Sad to burst your bubble, but Purple is male Sweat

11-10-2009 02:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

I think MVP's should be FFA, no matter what.

All but the summoned ones, honestly.

[Image: lovelesssig02vx1.png]
11-10-2009 02:28 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

I think we should just make a poll instead ...

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
11-10-2009 02:35 PM