More people
Better PvP/WoE
More events or more varity
Diffrent exp or drop rates
More staff members
Less broken/missing content
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think will make heRO better?
BlueAlchemy Offline

What do you think will make heRO better?

I was thinking this one day... then I was thinking what everyone else thought, which is why I'm starting this up.

Personally I think we need better PvP/WoE since with most of the best WoE guilds gone, we need new guilds to replace them in order to jump start it back to the way it used to be.

Feel free to discuss, and if you vote other, please specify.

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
VixPaladin  (for gods sake I'm a priest not a paladin)
Check out my store!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2009 12:17 AM by BlueAlchemy.)
11-12-2009 12:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flare Offline
These sinners never sin...

RE: What do you think will make heRO better?

Personally, less stuff that's broke.

[Image: 97427070.png]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons
11-12-2009 12:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Fixing bugs and other internal problems should increase population which in turn increases the amount of guilds in the server...at least that's how I always thought of it since we're more likely to advertise this server to others if things are really working for all of us here. ;o

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-12-2009 12:33 AM
ZackFireblade Offline

I agree that a better PvP/WoE scene would improve heRO, but I think that ties into the need for more people.

We're a relatively moderate-sized server, and you can't assume everyone on the server is going to WoE. As such, you're left with what we have now: a small group of three or four guilds that actively WoE & shake things up

I do believe that the retro WoE slot coming to us in december will spice things up, since in that case, guilds will be fighting over only ONE castle. But if you really want WoE to improve, you need more WoE-ready guilds. and for that, you need more of what every WoE-guild needs: people

HibikiTheAlchemist:  9x/5x Biochemist
~~Rose:  99 Lif (First homunc on heRO to evolve!)
Hibiki:  95/50 Brewer alt
Rogue Skye: 91/50 Dagger Rogue/Farming alt
Blueberry Poring: 8x Monk
Arrow Chucker: 7x Bard
Shotgun Sinner: 7x Shotgun/Launcher Gunslinger
Rapid Fire Redemption: 7x Revolver/Gatling Gunslinger
11-12-2009 12:36 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I can understand all the options except one...

a "full GM team"? perhaps bad wording here? as I'm pretty sure we have a "GM team" and I don't know how do you have a full, incomplete, or half of a GM team ._.;

11-12-2009 12:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlueAlchemy Offline

RE:??What do you think will make heRO better?

GM-Ayu Wrote:I can understand all the options except one...

a "full GM team"? perhaps bad wording here? as I'm pretty sure we have a "GM team" and I don't know how do you have a full, incomplete, or half of a GM team ._.;

I don't think so, at first I was gonna say, "More GM's but then I thought about the GM positions that aren't filled such as Tech GM, and decided to name it that instead.

Don't you think heRO would be more updated or less buggy if we had an actual tech GM?

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
Check out my store!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2009 01:12 AM by BlueAlchemy.)
11-12-2009 12:47 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

No, I actually don't think so... heh.

We have the resources. Sadly, we aren't fully tabbing ourselves of our own resources... as much as how that makes no sense to you, I think that it makes perfect sense to anyone who works in the test/dev forum.

11-12-2009 01:26 AM
BlueAlchemy Offline

Alright then, I wasn't aware that heRO had those kind of capabilities.

I haven't checked out test and development yet, but I'm planning on it. Which would probably help me understand a bit more.

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
Check out my store!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2009 03:38 AM by BlueAlchemy.)
11-12-2009 02:54 AM
Atomic Offline
BOOM!

More people. Whistle

That's all. People will PvP...so then WoE. (Even tho I don't PvP/WoE myself atm)

Because there are more people..the GM's will be happy and host events like novice events and etc. Laugh
11-12-2009 03:17 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i think the "broken stuff" mainly refer fish and the healer and the warper at some level...
an issue that those finger pointers often forget to account for is how much zeny sink the GMs prepare for the server. Do you not realize how little zeny is circulating shortly after the birthday event about a month ago?

to me i have to admit that these features are a bit too easily obtainable. Below is an abridged "adjustment" that imho would shift the balance to become a bit more "equitable". I don't imagine it would be easily "accepted", but here's my suggestion:

A. Fish: the best thing would be to hold more events to burn more fish so that the prices stabilize at a higher level so that it would become a better money-earning station for newbies and reduce the inequity between those who slave for fish to sell and those who burn them easily when doing PVP/WOE/MVP...
imho it's already quite "safe" from macros and bots and the likes, so yeah really just make ppl burn more fish...

B. Healer: Current rates are too expensive for newbie-lowbies and too cheap for 7x+. Furthermore, current 2x rates at WOE is still too cheap as people still use the healer as opposed to fish or the "initial WOE food items" -> aloe leaflets, mastela fruits, yggdrasil seeds and berries...
So what i propose is this:
1. adjustable rate:
lv 1-20: free
lv 21-45: 2z per level
lv 46-65: 5z per level
lv 66-80: 10z per level
lv 80-90: 15z per level
lv 91-95: 20z per level
lv 96-99: 25z per level
2. WOE rate: 5-10x of the current rate (990z at lv 99) or 3x with the above adjustable rate i made.

C. Warper:
currently it is too cheap to a point that the kafra rates are "too pricey". Although i deeply appreciate the zeny sinks and regard them as highly genius, the following adjustments might make it a bit more equitable:
1. delete "roleplay tavern" or direct that to the bar in comodo where people can convene for socializing or hold social events such as bingo, werewolves, minority rules, etc.
2. Town warps = 1500z
kafra more often than not uses 1200 or 1800, so this number would make the warper service on par with kafra service. Changing it to this value would make some people re think about choosing kafra vs warper. Furthermore, it will give back value to butterfly wings, tele lv2, and warp portal (currently the costs tend to be cheaper than b-wings and warp portal to town is only cheaper than warper if 3 or more ppl uses it).
3. Dungeon warps = 2500z
500z is way too cheap compared to all the tele or fly wings it takes to get to places such as Thor, Kiel, etc. Raising the prices in this way would make players a little less lazy and hopefully they get to enjoy the scenery a little bit...
4. ToH mass battle winner rates: 1000z for town warps and 2000z for dungeon warps. This would really give an incentive for people to participate in ToH and support their allegiance.

another aspect that could be improved is daily events / mini events / etc. Seeing how many ppl in HeRO seem to like lingering and just lounging, perhaps it's not a bad idea to have more werewolves, minority rules, etc etc to the point that it is held everyday or even twice a day.
I agree that there is a chance people would still not join if they are not promised an appropriate "reward", so perhaps a sample rule of thumb:
30 mins: 1 GB
75 mins: 1 OBB
120 mins: 1 OPB
180 mins: 1 OVB
240 mins: 1 jewelry box
270 mins: 1 OCA
360 mins: 1 hatter voucher
Of course the gifts may be stacked or adjusted as necessary depending the level of activity or hardness of the event.
Ex: maneater event (3 maps ~ 60mins) may get 2 GBs and 1 OBB while a 60 minute werewolves event may only get 2 GBs
Now, for this to happen we would undoubtedly need more active GMs. Not that i am implying that the current team is inactive, it's just that they are busy with their respective duties. So perhaps recruiting 2 "event GMs" of sorts that would only be obligated to be online 1-2 hrs per day just to hold events (or mini-events/5 Qs quiz/whatever) at say 8 AM and 8 PM server time (so 1 will take care of the 8 AM while the other logs in for the 8 PM)...

To be honest, i love how cheap the warpers and healers are; my monk and my wife's LK uses them like no tomorrow. We really live off of them, but imho the above adjustments are suitable to make players think a little bit more. Personally if the above adjustments take place i might reconsider using fish - further stimulating the economy.

methinks HeRO is a great server, these adjustments i thought of is really just to somehow (perhaps, hopefully) appease a portion of the populace who might think that HeRO is a bit broken...

-w-
11-12-2009 04:04 AM