More people
Better PvP/WoE
More events or more varity
Diffrent exp or drop rates
More staff members
Less broken/missing content
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think will make heRO better?
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

RE: What do you think will make heRO better?

Ok...

Item wipe? What for, to "close the gap" between incoming players and old players?
News flash: if you are a new player you need to get everything on your own. If you are an old player you have a guild and friends who will help you get the equipment. In a month of time a 'newbie' will get some basic equipment, and 'veterans' will have first valks (for now, +4). Monsters will be camped like no tomorrow, same with MVPs and no drops will get to the market for anybody not federated in a strong guild to get. The poor get poor, the rich get rich :-).
And don't tell me this will not happen, because I have seen it on other servers.

Can you imagine how much time would be required for the economy to recover until things like valk shield, Spiritual Ring, Ulle's Cap etc are affordable again? I've been playing on a younger server once, thank you, and the valk shield if we were lucky for it to be present on a market was worth about... 18 mln zeny? And it was a cheap valk, which is kind of a prerequisite for Thor1 if you are not a VIT char. So yes, make an item wipe, make people grind much more on the same boring places (Thara grinding, Skel worker grinding), because obviously grinding is what you want to avoid but will force upon everybody.

I do not mind raising rates to 7/7/5, but I don't think it is necessary, leveling is very fast as it is. And leveling is fun if you play more than just one single place (Nameless Island) once for a while and party with people. I am not playing a lot, because I don't have much time, but every minute of my HeRO time is fun. You all complain about 'grinding' as if the end game was only PVP, WoE or MVPs. Nonsense, it might be the end-game for you, but for me the end game are parties in difficult places with people who do not mind dying, not necessarily in very exp- or zeny-giving places. Only prerequisite: we can have a Total Party Kill there, or it is boring.

Believe it or not, but some people consider joining the old server to be an asset, not a disadvantage. Instead of hunting stuff I can just buy it, and HeRO has a very good economy (well, except of lack of a @whosells / @pc command).

You want to know how really to improve this server? First of all, less complaining. It only disheartens GMs, who put a lot of work so you have a topic to whine about. Believe me or not, this server is the best there is in PvM/quest area (no opinion on PVP/WoE, as it is not very interesting for me), and don't you dare destroy it with whining. Yet people are so obsessed with the imaginary 'end-game' they do not play anymore, they only grind or engage in the 'end-game', as if it was the only proper way to play. Server is great, it's just some people whose actions make it not-completely-perfect.

You are killing the server every time you make fun on @main of a new player, say, a crit sin who searches for party. In contrary to popular opinion, well built 9x crit sin does not require godlike gear to be useful (albeit not extremely powerful) in the party... but do you even know that? Every time you say 'get and hunt your own XXX card, everybody does it' or 'your build is so 2004' or 'you are too lousy to party with us' you become a part of a problem. What is more, you are not telling the truth - this server is old and market has an abundant number of resources and cards one can just play, have fun and buy stuff, no need for hunting...

When you call for a wipe, even when the GMs assure us there will be no wipe, some people are scared. I had problems in convincing a friend to return to RO to join us, because 'they are talking about wipe'. When I told him 'this server stands for four years already and GMs assure us it will not wipe' he answered 'yeah, on all the previous servers there was to be no wiping, too'.

Some people ask for 'Only very PRO party', which is fine with me. However, it is not fine with me if you do not state if you want to level the fastest possible and cannot bear even one death on lv 98 trans (4 mln base exp loss? PLEASE, it is NOTHING) before the party - I play for fun, not as a second job. Some people just play the game like it was a 'SERIOUS BUSINESS'. Some classes might be stronger, some weaker, but generally there are dungeons more suitable for one group of people and for another group.
I know of at least two people who left, because they could not find a party except for the same folks over and over. Here you are, population drain.

The main problem I see is the lack of a pride to have a very good server and lack of partying to just have fun, not only to get '1337' exp and gears. I am sorry if I offended anybody - I have played with some of older and really powerful players and I did appreaciate their approach, willing to teach and explain, but most of what I see is 'OMG, WIPE' or 'OMG, SERVER IZ DYIN' or 'SERVER NO NO FUN ANYMORE' or 'PR0 NAMELESS PARTY LOOKING FOR SERIOUS PLAYERS'. Well, maybe the server is not fun for you, I have fun. If you don't, you are wasting your time. You could have played, for example, Civ4.

About fish... definitely too powerful imo. If you made it +25% - +50% weight it wouldn't be that much of a problem, because pots would be much more efficient (I used fish only after I transcended, and only for a short time - too heavy for a SW addicted priest). And, of course, salmons as they stand now make alchemists useless (come on, white + blue cheaper than pure white pot?). This wouldn't fix the 'MVP soloing champions', but it would give more focus to pots in places like Abyss3 or TT (where you have limited weight and are not willing to go back to get more fish)

About quest exp: yes, 5/5/3/2 is stupid. 5/5/3/5 would be much superior, especially as levels 6x-8x are the worst, because exp gain is drastically lowered and there is hardly any party available. If you want to make leveling faster, do not focus on 9x levels but on 7x-8x levels - 89+ can get a party (at least with me having a for-fun attitude, especially if it is an agi char) and 6x-8x is generally screwed, lonely and has nobody to play with. That's why one might consider eliminating "199% level cap" as well - if you can gain multiple base levels from one monster, you will get to partying levels much faster if you get any help.

Others: implement @PC command, which gives you the city and the price, but not coordinates. On the other server this made people scatter the merchants (hey, why vend in Prontera with 999 merchants if you can be the lone shop in Morroc everybody can easily find?), which was a complaint as well (I don't mind Prontera to be the city of merchants, though, I am used to MUCH more merchies out there).

Yours, sincerely
~Irx

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
11-18-2009 04:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think will make heRO better? - Irxallis - 11-18-2009 04:33 AM