More people
Better PvP/WoE
More events or more varity
Diffrent exp or drop rates
More staff members
Less broken/missing content
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think will make heRO better?
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: What do you think will make heRO better?

Meh, I guess we just disagree then, Naru.??Maybe you weren't here when fishing was more profitable than 90% of PvM and that's why you're not as jaded as I am.??

Before the new spot got nerfed it was literally more profitable for me to just sit and fish at the new spot than it was to go anywhere PvM.??Why???

Significantly higher chance of OCAs, Diamond Rings instead of Skull Rings, higher chance of treasure boxes.??I would make, approximately, one million zeny by OCing crap at the end of a fishing run back then AND get the normal amount of fish.??If you consider a system that encourages people to sit and spam click+enter rather than brewing, which encourages player interaction rather than players interacting with text boxes...??so be it.??

There was a debate earlier in this topic about how to make fish more "balanced" and my solution is to balance the system of obtaining them.??It would not only stop some of the OCA overflow on this server, but would make people fish for fish - instead of fishing for OCAs (a common tactic/approach to fishing for higher-level players).??This would leave fish as-is while still, I feel, addressing the problems that people have with fish.??

-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

As teOx, I believe, once put it: fish are turning heRO into a high rate.??I don't completely agree with that, but they do, in effect, increase heROes rates.??We essentially hand out free ygg berries and ygg seeds (free in that you EASILY make your money back on the fishing system, therefore they come at no overall cost) to anyone willing to sit and click their mouse enough.??Not to mention all the other fish other than dories and nemoes.??Why should I party with a priest when I'm a 9x Hunter who can EASILY solo just about anywhere because I have a looter pet carrying 20+ stacks of HP and SP heals that I got for free???

In my opinion fish serve to discourage a lot of stuff on heRO.??Yes, if you nerf fish starting on heRO would be a bit harder...??but people get by *points to iRO Valkyrie* *also points to Ayu's post about building characters to avoid SP issues*

----------------------------------
----------------------------------

Part of the decision you make when you level, on a non-fish server, is about efficiency.??How efficient is the dungeon in terms of exp/hour compared to cost/hour???No one considers that on heRO.??Well, they consider exp/hour, but never costs - why???Because there are virtually no costs to basic leveling on heRO.??I don't have to worry about how much I'm spending on white pots / sp items per hour in a dungeon because I'm using fish.

One of the big drawbacks to Anubis-leveling on many servers is that you make virtually no money on it after the Anubis-drops nerf.??That was a choice.??On a low-rate fishless server you have the option of going to a place like, say, Niffleheim and probably earning your money back and making a small profit while doing it or going to Anubis and making faster experience but at a financial loss.??There are no such considerations on heRO because free heals rain down from the fishing spot.

No one cares about spamming fish, ever.??Why???Because they're free if you fish and INSANELY CHEAP if you don't fish.??That's why fishing needs to change.??

EDIT: Divided into sections

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2009 01:37 AM by azurerogue.)
11-20-2009 01:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think will make heRO better? - azurerogue - 11-20-2009 01:36 AM