What Does This Say To You!?
BlueAlchemy Offline

RE: What Does This Say To You!?

I lost track of what was going on after the third postIcon_confused

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
VixPaladin  (for gods sake I'm a priest not a paladin)
Check out my store!
11-12-2009 07:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Sakurato Wrote:OK.

I will pay zeny or other stuff to the person who posts a fluent/coherent essay on

"What does this face mean to me?"

Must contain:

Five paragraphs (Intro, three body and a conclusion)

Proper grammar and spelling

Each body paragraph must have three supporting details for that paragraphs topic. So nine supporting details in total.

Minimum of 1k words which is..like nothing.

IDK how much zeny I will give you but I may just give BBs or hatters and GBs to whoever wins!

If this actaully works..we'll vote on the best one LOL.

ohh god ily so much dani

[Image: 1599249045_4dffba280a_o.jpg]ately, a topic of much discussion among our nation's foremost scholars and sociologists is the increasing permeation in the West of cartoon conventions created largely in the East. This is achieved through the dissemination of Eastern popular culture throughout the globe. A fascinating case study of this phenomenon can be seen by analyzing the illustration shown here: [Image: DAW.png] Let us discuss closely the unique features of this image, in order to answer the question, "What does this face mean to me," shall we?

????????Empirical data and lab research shows that the black shiny eyes of this illustration (which will hereby be referred to as Figure A or, alternatively, a "face") may or may not be the same size or larger than the mouth of the "face." Such large eyes are generally accepted to be a sign of youth, excitement, and general stupidity to those well versed in the way of these conventions. The exceptional largeness of the eyes, or "visual reception devices," is one of the most well known aspects of the Eastern style of cartoons. Weeaboo O. Taku's study, involving of a random sample of 5,000,000 fat Americans, shows that when the topic of cartoons from the East is brought up in simulated casual conversation, dumb people who don't know anything about anime often say things to the effect of "Oh yeah, isn't that the stuff from China with the big eyes?" Indeed, the big eyes of Figure A are a clear sign of happy-go-lucky cuteness that is a common trait of these Eastern cartoons.

????????The "cuteness" factor of Figure A, also known as the "face," is essential to the very nature of such specialized visual cues. ?There?s no doubt that cuteness has been a part of the Japanese aesthetic since the postwar years,? says Roland Kelts, the author of the 2006 book Japanamerica: How Japanese Pop Culture Has Invaded the U.S. ?One theory, which has been proposed by a lot of Japanese artists and academics, is that, after the humiliation and emasculation of Japan in the postwar years, Japan developed this quasi-queer position of ?little brother? or ?little boy.? If you become ?little brother? or ?little boy,? the only way you can get big brother?s or fat man?s attention is by being so cute or puppy-like that he has to take care of you.? In the opinion of this scholar, the above idea is utter bull****. The actual truth is that cuteness is popular in Japan because it is cute. However, in addition to the eyes, other "cute" aspects of Figure A are present. Let us now turn our attention to the red blobs, or "blush marks," underneath the eyes of "face." Blush marks are an understated, but essential part of the unique aesthetic that makes up the Eastern cartoons that we are concerned with in this essay. For a specific example of this, one must look no further than the popular video game called Ragnarok Online, where one can do a pointless quest where one gives up 100 Alice's Aprons in order to recieve a Blush equipment that does absolutely nothing except for make one have these red blobs underneath one's eyes. The fact that many people are compelled to waste their time on such a useless quest just for this look is a testament to the power of these cartoon conventions. Speaking of conventions, everyone should go to Otakon. The people there would love Figure A and worship it like a golden cow. No but seriously, I had a really good time there. I saw some RO cosplayers.

????????The remaining feature of Figure A that this author will analyze is the mouth. It is tiny, which makes it cute. It is also in the shape of a V, which, in the words of one Otakon-goer, makes it appear "Oh Em Gee so kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy??happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy sugoii happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy??happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy kawaii sugoii happy desu." Verily, the mouth is happy, as is evidenced by the V shape. To reiterate, the mouth is in a V shape and is therefore happy. If the V shape was upside down, this author hypothesizes that this would change things significantly. If you think that the v-shape does not make "face" happy, then you are wrong. Oh so very wrong you are.

????????In conclusion, this essay rocks and should win the Pulitzer Prize among other esteemed crap. The "face," to me, is happy and cute as evidenced by the features analyzed above. If you read this all the way through I love you and you deserve a cookie. Or perhaps some green tea, but not the crappy Lipton or Turkey Hill green tea, but the actual kind that tastes kind of nutty and is served hot and brewed and is really good. Now if you don't mind I would like my bloody branches and hatter vouchers now please.

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2009 10:00 PM by Naruhodo.)
11-12-2009 08:38 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Oooh, Naru brought in cold hard facts from official sources!

A tough contender, indeed.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
11-12-2009 09:44 PM
Arie Offline
The lulz Bringer

TL;DR

~Some people say I have no life, who are they kidding? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives!~

FEAR THE POWER OF CHOCOLATE MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-12-2009 09:46 PM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

I woulda made it shorter, but it had to be at least 1,000 words Mad

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
11-12-2009 09:58 PM
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:??What Does This Say To You!?

Naruhodo Wrote:The remaining feature of Figure A that this author will analyze is the mouth. It is tiny, which makes it cute. It is also in the shape of a V, which, in the words of one Otakon-goer, makes it appear "Oh Em Gee so kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy sugoii happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy happy happy kawaii happy happy kawaii sugoii happy desu." Verily, the mouth is happy, as is evidenced by the V shape. To reiterate, the mouth is in a V shape and is therefore happy. If the V shape was upside down, this author hypothesizes that things would change things significantly. If you think that the v-shape does not make "face" happy, then you are wrong. Oh so very wrong you are.

"happy" and "kawaii" only count as two words that whole paragraph, you know!

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
11-12-2009 10:02 PM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

He never said using the same word more than once doesn't count, and there are plenty of other words in that paragraph. Just not in that sentence. Don't blame me, it's a quote Icon_wink

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2009 10:18 PM by Naruhodo.)
11-12-2009 10:15 PM
Krumb Offline
Lazy Cartographer

RE:??What Does This Say To You!?

Naruhodo Wrote:She never said using the same word more than once doesn't count, and there are plenty of other words in that paragraph. Just not in that sentence. Don't blame me, it's a quote Icon_wink

Fixed that for you. Ms. Sakurato is most certainly a lady.

"Don't be a dick"
11-12-2009 10:41 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

ill take the green tea naru Ok and yea nice xD

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
11-12-2009 10:48 PM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

RE: ??What Does This Say To You!?

Krumb Wrote:
Naruhodo Wrote:She never said using the same word more than once doesn't count, and there are plenty of other words in that paragraph. Just not in that sentence. Don't blame me, it's a quote Icon_wink

Fixed that for you.??Ms. Sakurato is most certainly a lady.

Thanks for the fix and 'scuse me Icon_smile

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
11-12-2009 11:43 PM