Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your 10 most underrated gears
Zaratus Away
Bastard

RE: Your 10 most underrated gears

Nope, Bathory stops it in PvM. In PvP it doesn't anymore, sadly.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
11-18-2009 07:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

RE:??Your 10 most underrated gears

Sakurato Wrote:1. Falcon Muffler (10 Flee/ 5 PD)

Falcon Muffler is actually +15 Flee. So yeah, it's pretty good Icon_smile

One I can think of at the moment that hasn't been mentioned is Yoyo card. If you're doing PvM and you have low flee, +5 lucky dodge is likely to save you from more damage than a Kukre card or something like that.

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
11-18-2009 08:35 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Here's my 10 atm.

1. Anopheles Card. Chance of +3 AGI Food from Insects. Win

2. Armeyer Dinze. Same as Anopheles but it's +3 VIT Food from Fish. And if you farm Byalan like I do...love. Icon_smile

3. Mink Coat [1]. It has no stat bonuses but I've always liked them. Respectable Base Def.

4. Ghoul Card. Got it the other day in Nameless and someone said Hatter....+20% Poison Resist in Headgear is nice IMO. Pair it with Argiope Card for even more poison resistance.

5. Sky Petite Card. More damage resist from Dragons and goes in a shield. Essential for a good Abyss Lake set.

6. Santa Poring Cards. Pretty easy & cheap to get. Make an Anti-Shadow weapon for Odins & Nameless.

7. Dokebi Hats. The autocasting of Hammerfall is very useful at times.

8. Requiem Hat. Pro.

9. Argiope Card. As listed above, with Ghoul it became much more useful with addition of New World.

10. Stone Shooter Card. A good, but not great weapon Card for melees.
11-18-2009 08:55 PM
Aqualys Offline
Azure Sky

I can't quite think of many, but... Here's some, in no specific order.

Geffen Helm[1]. Seriously. 6 def, slotted, upper-only, chance to curse when attacking. And you see them for 1M to 2M. Geez. It should be worth way more.

Arbalest[1]. Seriously. Every single archer that starts out (and has l i t t l e m o n e y for better stuff) buys a Gakkung[1]. Nobody buys an Arbalest[1]! Why? Seriously, why? Personally, I'm way happier with 2 dex than with 10 atk. Oh well. Maybe it's just me.

Demon Pungus card. Almost nobody has sleep resistance. Sleep is a nasty status because it lasts a LOT longer than stun. Awesome in PVM when mobbed, and has its uses in PVP.

Opera Masque. Mid/low headgear, 2 def. Why do I see so many players wearing nothing on mid/low headgear (or romantic leaf or other "useless" stuff) when they could get an extra 2 def with ease? I have like 20 Opera Masques that I'm having trouble to sell...

Loli Ruri card (on a FS priest or especially GC crusader). Autocast Heal 10 on self when taking hits. That's awesome.

Nothing else comes to mind right now, but I know there's more than would come to mind if I had more time to think about it...

[Image: Combination.jpg]
11-18-2009 10:25 PM
Naruhodo Offline
Ace Attorney

Flower Wings. +20mdef +6def

I haven't seen anyone wearing them lately. It's great def for newbies and I'm pretty sure it's the best armor-slot anti-magic equip until you can get something like high-refined Frus carded armor or gtb or maya card.

Also, I think the refine rate adds *double* the def than normal refining does (which, if irowiki is right, means +1.32 def per refine instead of +0.66 per refine). So when refined high enough it'd be better overall def than other armor with better base def, even when the other armor is refined to the same point. I've only gotten my Flower Wings to +5, but eventually I might do the quest again Icon_wink

[Image: tumblr_ox8eztGfqD1rtqyteo1_400.jpg]

I'm back?
Naruhodo, 99/70 Champ
Naruhodo Ryuuichi, 99/70 Whitesmith
Edgeworth, Sniper
Lawrence Moe Curls, Bard
Father Totoro, Priest
11-18-2009 10:26 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

@Naruhodo: I have a +7 flower wing, and most people who party with me knows that it's my HP's pvm armor of choice unless I really need to break out my elemental armors. It's an essential part of how I can get 60 def without ToH wings. The moment I switch to bathory holy robe, I lose like 8 def =/

Flower wing is the be-all-end-all defensive non-elemental pvm armor. Almost any dungeon that's not thor, the flower wing will suffice defensively.

(flower wing is also why I don't use loli ruri as a priest... the 14 def and 20 mdef beats the unreliable chance of lv 10 heal.)

About bathory:

Bathory stops 'coma' in pvm because mvps use a dark based spell that's called "dark blessing" (you see that in RMS) which has the same effect as coma, but it is not the coma spell itself. You can treat it as if there's 2 spells with identical effect, just that one of them is dark elemental, and pvm only use this dark elemental one.

11-18-2009 10:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Galt Offline
Lurker

For my priest, I prefer to have health-increasing armor instead of DEF/MDEF... which I make up for by wearing Wings of Victory.

EDIT: Don't underestimate Panties and Undershirts!

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2009 11:25 PM by Galt.)
11-18-2009 11:24 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

PINK HAT!!

It covers you from ultraviolet rays and is made out of porings so it can be edible as well :x

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
11-18-2009 11:42 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Aw Ayu ninjaed me since I was in woe. But yeah, that's why it works on pvm and not pvp. You can notice you don't get 1 HP and SP while fighting monsters, just 1 HP, that's Dark Blessing, your SP doesn't get "hurt".

About Arbalest, it's just better than Gakkung if you need the +2 dex to reach the breakpoint. But then, if you're a low level you're still putting points in dex and other stats fast enough to not need it.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2009 11:44 PM by KohakuSan.)
11-18-2009 11:43 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

ya know, i keep hearing about the requiem hat, yet the only info i get from ingame is that it is vended somewhere. aside from that i have no idea how to go about obtaining one as i'd rather prefer it after i've had my fun with the hero cake hat (<3 gift boxes Icon_biggrin)
11-19-2009 04:47 AM