Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Patching, lag, and correlation.
pictish Offline
Yomi

Patching, lag, and correlation.

I've got a mystery of mysterious mystery, perhaps someone's got the experience to say what's up.

For a long time, I played not quite fully patched. Biner daggers and whatnot didn't show up properly and hex dumped me if I tried to interact with them. Regardless, I had 100% lagless play the entire time. Press a skill, get it instantly.

Then I took a week off.

Yesterday, I patched everything like crazy. I believe I'm so updated, I may have some updates they haven't finished coding yet. Now I lag terribly. It's sporadic, sometimes mild movement jerkyness and sometimes full blown several minute freezes. It spikes when there is busy on screen activity, like during woe or vital party situations. Everything is completely unplayable. In between me taking a week off and patching, people started complaining about lag that selectively hit some people and not others, the kind I've seen pop up before when I get anomolous lag.

So, any clues as to what's going on? Did I screw myself with the patching or has the server screwed me? Wait it out and hope, or do a full reinstall?
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2009 04:58 PM by pictish.)
11-22-2009 04:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Patching, lag, and correlation.

Sweat

Hmm I'd be tempted to say wait it out if you have the patience for it.

Else, copy your folder, do a fresh install with the last version of the new installer.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
11-22-2009 05:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pictish Offline
Yomi

Fresh install result: Still unplayably laggy.
11-23-2009 04:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

T_T

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
11-23-2009 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply