Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stat Boosts at Significant Time of Day
Hoshi Offline
Feminist

Stat Boosts at Significant Time of Day

I've been thinking of this idea for quite a long time now, but never really got to share it.

Wouldn't it be really neat if day and night actually took part in the gameplay of RO itself? All it really does right now is that it changes the backdrop of the maps in the game. And since this server is specifically designed to advertise the idea of being part of the light or dark allegiance, this will make things even more interesting.

What I'm trying to say is, stat boosts should be given to players of the light allegiance during the day, and given to dark allegiance at night. Not overpowered stat boosts of course, maybe +1 to all stats just to make it fair. Now I'm aware that at the moment day lasts longer than night, but I'm sure the GM's can fix that so that night lasts equally as long as the day. (:

Any takers? :x

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add, there really isn't a specific reason as to why this has to be done. I just thought it might be a nifty add-on to the server itself. So if you find any potholes in this idea, please share. :x

99/70 High Priestess Holy Krap
98/68 Holy Paladin HoIy Krap
99/50 Bardress Hoshiro
99/50 Baby Huntress Hoshise
99/99 Supernovice Hoshibu
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2009 01:30 PM by Hoshi.)
11-24-2009 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tsubaka Offline

RE: Stat Boosts at Significant Time of Day

I like the idea, Have been wondering about this on other servers too, but this server indeed seems to be very fitting for this. Cant imagine this hasnt been proposed before though...
11-24-2009 01:55 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

>_> SURE. Make Dark EVEN worse. Not only worse wings (no invisible ones), no, NIGHT IS EVEN SHORTER THAN DAY.

Edit: Except for that, I like the idea =p

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2009 02:12 PM by Zaratus.)
11-24-2009 02:12 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

24 Hour Nighttime please.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
11-24-2009 02:26 PM
Hoshi Offline
Feminist

RE:??Stat Boosts at Significant Time of Day

Zaratus Wrote:>_> SURE. Make Dark EVEN worse. Not only worse wings (no invisible ones), no, NIGHT IS EVEN SHORTER THAN DAY.

Might need to re-read what I said earlier, lol Icon_smile

99/70 High Priestess Holy Krap
98/68 Holy Paladin HoIy Krap
99/50 Bardress Hoshiro
99/50 Baby Huntress Hoshise
99/99 Supernovice Hoshibu
11-24-2009 02:30 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

if this idea were to be considered i would say instead of stat boosts, spell buffs instead may actually make things much more interesting instead. it would be a one-time buff per daytime change and if you logged on after the change and original buffs happened you'd still be buffed that one time if it corresponded to your allegiance choice.

another twist i could come up with which would be more difficult to do would be to have custom monsters spawn for the two parts of the day. once that part of day is done the monsters would disappear and the other set of monsters would appear in the place. i dunno a bit much maybe but just my thoughts.
11-24-2009 03:32 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Fun and interesting, sadly not going to be worked on as a priority, given how there's so many other things to do and obviously more important things to fix/improve upon in the server at the moment, sorry X_x;;;

11-24-2009 03:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Galt Offline
Lurker

I like this idea. No1

Though adding onto Frogboy's idea, it can be just like Requiem (another Gravity game), in which certain monsters (boss-types) only appear during the nighttime (though we can just make it during certain times of the day).

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
11-24-2009 05:51 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

RE:??Stat Boosts at Significant Time of Day

Frogboy Wrote:if this idea were to be considered i would say instead of stat boosts, spell buffs instead may actually make things much more interesting instead. it would be a one-time buff per daytime change and if you logged on after the change and original buffs happened you'd still be buffed that one time if it corresponded to your allegiance choice.

another twist i could come up with which would be more difficult to do would be to have custom monsters spawn for the two parts of the day. once that part of day is done the monsters would disappear and the other set of monsters would appear in the place. i dunno a bit much maybe but just my thoughts.

I've thought of custom mobs or current mobs with diff stats depending on time of day. I'd rather have the extra stats because buffs wear off pretty fast.
11-24-2009 06:14 PM
Sepharius Offline
:3

*log on*

YES YES YES YES ITS STILL DAYTIME! TIME TO ABUSE LIGHT ALLEGIANCE!

[Night mode has activated]

Aw.......

@topic:

Interesting idea. +1 to all stats sounds nice /no1. Shouldn't affect gameplay too much (I hope).

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
11-24-2009 06:14 PM