Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help fix my fail Wiz
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

Help fix my fail Wiz

Ok I really messed up his skills. I just placed points in random areas. I literally have no idea what I'm doing. Only made the mage to help a friend level and said screw it I don't feel like deleting him. So now I need help fixing him.

He's lv 67/23

Stats:
91+15 Int (Without Gear)
37+13 Dex (without Gear)

Current Gear:
Drooping Wild Rose
Flower Wings
Radiant Wisdom

Other Gear in Storage:
+7 Rod [4]
+1 Wand [2]
Hat [1]

Skills: (Here is where I messed up)
Stone Curse 1
Cold Bolt 9
Frost Diver 1
Lightning Bolt 10
Thunderstorm 1
Napalm Beat 7
Soul Strike 8
Firebolt 10
Fireball 5
Firewall 1
Sight 1
(Forgot to get Mage Coat)

Ice Wall 1
Jupitel Thunder 2
Sightrasher 2
Meteor Storm 4
Firepillar 1
Earth Spike 1

Ya so this is my mess up. I need help to fix. Tried asking before and was told to Go to Nameless. Dunno how that helps me fix my current issue, but ya, I need help fixing my skills. Not training area.

By the way did I mention I suck with this class? Took me 21 tried to pass Wizard test. So if you know different builds please use them You can post the build as if I were 99/50 cause I'll most likely be trying to get to that number. Help please.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
11-24-2009 07:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Help fix my fail Wiz

Use RateMyServer's skill simulator to get you to a build similar to this (I'm too lazy to look up prerequisites myself):

Frost Diver 10
Jupitel Thunder 10
Storm Gust 10
Quagmire 5
EITHER Lord of Vermillion OR Meteor Storm 10

You can choose to get Safety Wall (though I generally don't bother pre-trans). Increase SP Recovery would be nice for bragi'd and fast-paced parties. Firewall is nice for some situations and generally useful for soloing. But if you plan to party a lot, don't bother.

That's all I've got. I might be forgetting something.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-24-2009 07:33 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Most mage classes get as much dex as they can to speed up casting. Especially wizards since??their Area of Effect spells usually take quite a while to cast. (15 seconds for level 10 SG, 15 Seconds for any level of meteor storm, I forget about LoV, but it's slightly faster when maxed).

Jupital thunder is a little stronger than Lightning bolt (it hits skill level +2 times so a maximum of 12 bolt hits that knocks back), and??it's power can be amplified by the extremely common Hill wind card. I honestly wouldn't get more than what's needed for prerequisites for other skills, like say thunderstorm (lvl 4 LB). And that's just a Prereq for the bigger spells like Meteor or LoV.

Actually,??you're pretty low level yet, Put 4 hill wind cards in your Rod [4]??and??JTing Siroma's might be an easy way to do things, but??you'd want to Frost driver the Roween and Zap them when they freeze, and Fwing away from Gazeti.

UNless??you know how to play the class well,??I'd say you should stick to the??High int build you got and do the boring??way of leveling by one shotting single targets Like siroma or Leshij until you have enough dex to mob with any amount of grace. Some people do this their entire lives until they get to nameless,??but I don't think too many of them are really all that great at wizzing.??There are exceptions though.

In parties, people will complain and maybe insult you if you don't have Storm gust. It's a strong skill, and definately worth having, but it's not everything.

It's rare that it gets used (due to lack willing profs to use deluge and lack of water covered maps where it's useful), but when it does get used, Waterball is almost always amusing to have, but that's one of those personal preference skills.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2009 09:07 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-24-2009 09:02 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 to all the things the two pros above me has said...

side note:
try to get in touch with ppl who play on the same time slot as you, especially priests and bards
i am bored as hell with nameless, but i have to admit that it is probably the fastest and easiest exp source especially at 9x
so once you've got a few friends to play regularly with, you're set...

here's the thing about dex:
bards most certainly will have dex, so if you can wait for parties with bards dex won't be too much of an issue, but if you want to solo then my suggestion would be to get 7x-8x base int so that you can get a total of 91 INT without other ppl and then go up dex to 99.
Or if you're still low level and want to cast considerably faster then just get base 70 int and then pump dex.
imho one should never ever pump any dex before hitting 70 base int...

now the 2 most useful skills is definitely SG, quag, and JT. SG is useful for nameless and party situations (even WoE), especially combined with quag. JT is for soloing water and neutral enemies... lots of wiz seem to spend a considerable amount of time soloing siromas/seals/alligators/etc...

in party situations, shortcut SG lv 1 and SG lv 10 and use them in that order where the 1st would be for crowd control and the second for damage. Of course the bard's INT would play an important role on this issue, and more often than not there will be a second wiz... but i always believe that a proper nameless party only needs 4 ppl: priest/HP, wiz, bard, hunter...

-w-
11-25-2009 01:04 AM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

So main goal:
Storm Gust
Quagmire
Juiptel Thunder

Those three don't seem too hard. I'll keep Albus's major ones in mind seeing as the others just gave more detail on how to use them.

I lol at Hillwind being too Common. Sorry just my luck with cards is really horrible. I've been at hillwinds since I was in my late 60s and I still go there in my 90s and I've yet to come across a single hillwind card. Not ranting or anything its just funny that its super cheap and supposedly easy to get, but I never got one. They should be an easy buy though.

Just gives me more reason to hunt the bird brains more I guess.

Thanks for the help given.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
11-25-2009 05:38 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Help fix my fail Wiz

mahawirasd Wrote:now the 2 most useful skills is definitely SG, quag, and JT. SG is useful for nameless and party situations (even WoE), especially combined with quag. JT is for soloing water and neutral enemies... lots of wiz seem to spend a considerable amount of time soloing siromas/seals/alligators/etc...

IN addition to that note, Changing your enemies element by freezing them and JTing them also works wonders. I honestly tend to use FD more than SG when I actually plan on using JT to kill stuff that isn't already water prop.
11-26-2009 09:46 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

of course... FD is probably the haxest mage skill there is considering it's cast time and proc %...

-w-
11-28-2009 03:53 AM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

While on the note of changing enemy elements, Stone Curse + Firebolt works well too, except that Stone Curse uses a red gemstone. If you get soul linked, go crazy with it.
12-02-2009 08:12 PM