Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Top 5 Animes
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Top 5 Animes

List your top 5 favorite Animes, and then after give a brief (or horribly long) explanation as to why.

1. Gundam Wing

- Obviously not a surprise, I think its the prime of the gundam franchise being a big gundam fan this one is by far the best IMO and in its own league. The action scenes + the characters + the music in the anime are by far superior to all other gundams.

2. Death Note

- Simply if you can make a non-action packed anime overly appealing to me, it has to be good. This anime is such a mind game its amazing, watched it all through a week and i was on the edge of my seat for most of it. Great anime, though it got alittle worse half way through for reasons i cant say *spoiler*.

3. Full Metal Alchemist

4. Cowboy Bebop

5. Naruto

- I'll never start up a long anime like this again, which is why i refuse to watch bleach xD. Its never going to end, but i only want to see the ending now really. I like the revenge / friendship aspect of the show between naruto and sasuke. And i like ninjas, thats about it.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2009 12:43 PM by thecursed.)
12-05-2009 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE: Top 5 Animes

I haven't really watched enough anime to give 5 straight out, but I fucking love deathnote. I've actually watched the series all the way through about twice, and read the mangas. I'm yet to watch the live action films, and read about the other "cases" in the deathnote world including L.

I could seriously talk about the story aspects of deathnote a looooong time.
??????????????????????????????????????**Spoiler**
Did anyone else catch the allusion, along with it's meanings from "the one who will remain unnamed" washing "the other one who will remain unnamed"'s feet? That happened to be one of my favorite small parts in the story, and it was very very sad.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
12-05-2009 01:14 PM
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

1-DBZ
first time i watched piccolo throw gohan and he blew up the mountain... O_O then vegeta. the fighting. it was just way to intenes and had an impact on me. became a source of information.

2-Gundam Wing
Epic.

3-Gundam 00
R.I.P Lock on, Setsuna Is GUNDAM! lol

4-Samurai champloo
Just to chill, the beats, the character, the fights. it was just a master piece in my mind.

5- This last one his knda hard to choose since alot of them are tied for it but im gonna have to go with... Teggen Toppa GURREN LAGGAN!! *EXPLOSION*

Karas and blassreiter are tied with 5th :O

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
12-07-2009 12:00 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

You know the first thing I thought of when I see the thread title?

I thought that it's a bot.

12-08-2009 03:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rankin Offline
Durp

ok ok i have to say i HATED GUNDAM WING SO MUCH. ok now.

1) Gundam
seriously. the original gundam. nothing can really get better than this lol

2) Gundam 00
aesome story, gundams (mmmm...00 raiser...)...

3)Code Geass
the way Lelouche just forced the britanians to blow their heads off in the beginning with Geass? just epic.

4)Strawberry Panic
shut up im not explaining why ><

5).hack//roots
so much more violent than sign, haseo is hot *cough*, Ovan....<3
12-08-2009 04:29 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Eh, in no particular order at all, and sorry I don't really watch newer animes too often anymore...
1. Yugioh, I admit it, I like it a lot, but only the original series, GX and 5 D's can go to hell.
2. Tenchi Muyo, I remember in middleschool being absolutely excited every afternoon just to plop down and watch this show afterschool.

3. Akira, if you haven't seen it yet, you really suck, manga is even more engrossing in details than the movie but since this is the anime topic and not the manga one...well I won't get into details.

4. Lupin the 3rd, the characters really are entertaining. I just can't help but love this show's charm.

5. Nana, what I actually put a newer anime down...yah I actually get a little gushy watching this one. I actually feel bad for the Nana's when they got their dumb relationship troubles. Yah...even I got a soft spot sometimes for characters in tv shows.

By the way Trowa, Gundam Wing sucks, original Gundam is the only good Gundam (and 00 but damn hard to top that mini series).

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-09-2009 08:52 PM
poeticwings Away
PAGDAYAW !!

RE:??Top 5 Animes

Aaronock Wrote:3. Akira, if you haven't seen it yet, you really suck, manga is even more engrossing in details than the movie but since this is the anime topic and not the manga one...well I won't get into details.

Was cool ^

Now, using the anime I put as my favorites on my MAL (myanimelist) profile.

1) Code Geass
- It is full of epic awesomeness. Well, be sides that, it's a joint project between Sunrise and CLAMP which is even more full of epic awesomeness. That and I like Mecha-genre anime. I would mention Gundam because I do love the whole franchise, but there's just more anime below that I'd rather watch. That and I have a bunch of CG merchandise cause I'm a freak. $50 for Rolo's locket for phone strap + Rolo's theme as ringtone...yeah...

2) D.Gray-man
- Kanda

3) Nodame Cantabile
- I'm a music person. I enjoy listening to classical/romantic period music. Animation is a bonus. Also, Chiaki and Nodame are full of epic awesomeness at the piano. In my head violin and piano combos are awesome. I can be Nodame (on piano) and Proxyt can be Chiaki (on violin). Teehee teacups.

4) xxxHOLiC
- It messes with your mind.
- It's by CLAMP
- Watanuki is funny.

5) AIR.
Yes, AIR. Not Kanon. Not Clannad. AIR.
~Gao

Rinato High Priest L99/70
Index Sniper L99/70
Peppermint Gypsy L99/69
The Pianist Assassin Cross L98/68
sharp Baby Hunter L99/50
Harmonia Soul Linker L91/50

The Penguin Squad Guild L9
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2009 05:01 AM by poeticwings.)
12-10-2009 05:00 AM
Proxyt Offline
The King

In no particular order, since they're all from different genres.

-Gundam Seed
-Air
-Ouran High School Host Club
-Samurai X
-Ergo Proxy

[Image: willowsig.png]

Proxyt- 95 Powpow Palaladin
AleithionP - 92 Knight of War
VerityP - 5x Super Service Novice
12-10-2009 09:19 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE:??Top 5 Animes

Proxyt Wrote:-Gundam Seed
i <3 you
LoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLove
awesome series. till destiny...Icon_sad
12-10-2009 09:28 PM
Proxyt Offline
The King

RE: ??Top 5 Animes

Rankin Wrote:i <3 you
LoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLove
awesome series. till destiny...Icon_sad

I was fascinated because I first watched it when I was taking History 11 with an amazing teacher. We had to deal with WW1 and studied with soldiers diaries and international politics, etc. It amazed me Gundam Seed seemed extremely similar. (minus the flying robots)
ie> it was very realistic in terms of the attitude of a civilian -> soldier, and why/how war happens, etc.
Destiny was OK. Seed was great =p

Though two other animes that rivalled this spot were Code Geass S1 and Legend of the Galactic Heroes(great war series).

[Image: willowsig.png]

Proxyt- 95 Powpow Palaladin
AleithionP - 92 Knight of War
VerityP - 5x Super Service Novice
12-11-2009 02:06 AM