Poll: What did you think of Non-Trans WoE?
It was fun
It was boring
BS/Behe was massivily overpowering everyone else
BS/Behe didn't have that many people
YOU OFFENDED ME I HATE YOU YOU BETCH
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Non-Tran WoE...
Arie Offline
The lulz Bringer

Non-Tran WoE...

First of all, I would like to state I am not trying to attack anyone and I'm just expressing my pent-up frustration about the first Non-Trans WoE.
I am deeply sorry if I offend anyone, especially the GMs who worked hard on the change.

?????? At first glimpse, it didn't seem so bad. Just a large number of BS/Behe members, but not abnormally large. But as I kept WoEing, I noticed that I barely ever saw the same person more then once. I only made it to pre-emp once, but I noticed even in my quick glimpse of the entrance how many people there were. I thought there would be two, maybe four Wizzies max. Then I heard about what was inside the emp room. Five or six Wizzies, and LOKIS VEIL. I also heard there was Ruwach and "everything else" but that takes a back seat to Lokis. My guild guessed there was about 30-50 BS/Behe defending.

?????? One of my out of guild friends mentioned how difficult the castle is to take anyway, and having been in BS in the past, I have to agree. (Yes I know the castles will switch but this is MY thread so STFU please.) I remember like 6 people average defending about a year ago. 10 was a high amount. On the rare occasions we got attacked, they were swiftly defeated, usually by the guardians. I also heard the guardians had glitched and there was too many, which is believable as they were in groups of three or four instead of one or two, and I don't remember there being that many. A month or two ago, before the Non-Trans WoE change had been announced, me and a few others from my old guild ran into alde castle and there was a precast. AT THE DOOR. The way I remember BS, WoE was scarcely attended and nobody really cared who went and didn't. I have to wonder if it has the same lighthearted atmosphere now.

?????? It was very frustrating to know that I didn't stand a chance against almost anyone inside. I'm kind of wondering if the fact that BS had spent a long time gathering Non-Trans gears rather then Trans gears had anything to do with it.

?????? On a less Important side note, I was in nameless yesterday before WoE and we were killing Hibram. He was almost dead and I died. The priest DIDN'T RES ME before he died. It gave a 94 HW on 50% tax 7%. I was a 94 Sage on 0% tax. As you could probably guess, I was pissed. Happily though, I leveled later that run. That same priest who had decided to help us out for Woe, was part of a small group that the warper/buffer accidentally warped to Payon. The priest that was with us asked for a blue gem. I dropped one, he picked it up and the priest bwinged away. He continued to beg for a bwing. Myself, not carrying bwings to WoE, used my Creamy Clip's teleport to get to the payon portal faster.

On a closing note, I would again like to apologize if I offended anyone.

PS. Sorry there's no indentations, my tab key wasn't working right.

~Some people say I have no life, who are they kidding? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives!~

FEAR THE POWER OF CHOCOLATE MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-07-2009 05:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Non-Tran WoE...

30-50 is a large overestimate, imo, though I don't know how many people Bamboo actually had on.

And why is having "Five or six Wizzies, and LOKIS VEIL" a big deal? Not sure if you trans WoE, but Seraph often has multiple Meteor Storms, a Storm Gust and one or TWO Lokis Veils up in the recent WoEs.

As for gear, I WoEd with a Khalitzburg Stone Buckler (never got around to making a cranial SB and the Khalitzburg was the highest refine SB I had) and still only died three times while spamming Grand Cross. I even brought my level 50 baby novice into the castle and ALMOST got a kill before the little bard hit me back Cry

The fun thing about non-trans is there is no insane spike damage (no EDP-linked SB, no AD, no Asura spam - well, the could be, but it would be MUCH slower, etc etc). Sure, linked SB can still do "decent" damage, and Asura will still hurt (not that monks are nearly as scary as champs) IF you get hit with it. But overall pretrans is almost more resource intensive because you deal with almost endless pressure as opposed to individual spikes of damage.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
12-07-2009 06:06 PM
Arie Offline
The lulz Bringer

Never seen Seraph...Stopped trans WoEing before they woed. But I've seen Behe. And they almost never had Lokis.

~Some people say I have no life, who are they kidding? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives!~

12-07-2009 06:09 PM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

Trans woe is way much more fun since theres no real restrictions and everyone can go all out in my opinion.People went in hoardes of masses to be on nontrans and i was quite surprised alot went to nontrans, even more people than normally even go to woe.

why cant they put that effort into trans woe?not much of a difference really.

+ the added no fish in woe makes it even more doable.

I have been Woeing with seraph these past few weeks, Thinking about 2 or 3 weeks or so and i gotta tell you NOT EVERYONE has epically EXTRA AWESOME GEARS, Specially me, on my crappy H Priest and with its crappy build,I mean, its not gears, its seriously numbers and organization.

all I have of real worth on my high priest is a marc on a + 4 odins blessing lol!
To be frankly honest i didnt even go nontrans, i see no real point in keeping a character nontrans and hunting special gears that are crummy and have no real use then just to come here and whine all about how sorry my butt is after loosing to another NOOB. <-- oh yes i am abusing the terms of service and conduct by using this word.

Mind of a player thinking on joining non trans woe: Zomfg My lvl 99 sin is so awsm imma go pwn and take names since everyone is a noob and im just awsm.!!

*jumps into castle and gets raped by a blacksmith with mammonite and hammer fall, only takes him 2 Mammo to get killed,had no pots,had no buffs,wasnt even ready at all,then he complains*
Truth in reality : I died horribly to an organized guild.im depressed now.*quits hero*

^ this case above was a recreation of actual turn of events that happened sunday,im sorry and really, I am REALLY REALLY sorry mate.

I know im feeling quite humorous today and im all happy and jolly since seraph took me in, I love hero so damn much man, SO DAMN MUCH <3!

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2009 06:49 PM by Bloodbane.)
12-07-2009 06:37 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Can't really discredit BS, they have been ready for non-trans for quite some time and it showed on Sunday. With this time change it allowed quite a few people to attend...which I wasn't expecting, but was a pleasant surprise Ok.

One gripe I do have with non-trans WoE (well besides e-call being removed...that was apparently necessary) is as azure said, it is incredibly resource intensive. I would imagine most people that trans WoE are just barely adjusting to not being able to use fish in WoE anymore. Pretty sure that reason alone is deterring some from giving non-trans a shot. I was wondering...why not allow fish for non-trans? Perhaps only trout & bass? That would let people enjoy non-trans WoE without having to worry as much about getting supplies for both WoEs (since trout/bass is arguably a lot easier/cheaper to obtain then white/blue pots)

Just my .02 cents Icon_razz.
12-07-2009 06:38 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??Non-Tran WoE...

Arie Wrote:But I've seen Behe. And they almost never had Lokis.

I'm not sure what point you're making with this statement.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
12-07-2009 06:48 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

the reason that BS is now more protected and ready is because they know more people are coming after them... and what you described as all powerful in the emp is basically what seraph does during trans woe...so yea lol. Non-trans=Trans w/ 2nd jobs lol.

Personally, I didn't stay very long (had other things to do) but it was quite fun, no getting EDP'nd, or TC'd so it -seemed- a bit fair-er since most of the "OP" skilled weren't there Ok

Would I do it again? sure why not.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
12-07-2009 06:49 PM
Arie Offline
The lulz Bringer

My point was that it was Behe+BS. Kinda wierd that their Non-Trans defense was better then there Trans defense. Yes I know they are seperate guilds just saying. Didn't see the emp myself, so I'm going off what my friends said lol... Dunno how powerfull it really was. Sai, I never said I was any good. I expected most people who read this to understand that I'm horribly geared and not a WoE build. I'm just whining, this isn't a serious well thought out thread and I never intended it to be one. This is simply how I felt after WoE. I never said WHY BS was winning, just speculated the gears they have might have contributed to their win.

"Mind of a player thinking on joining non trans woe: Zomfg My lvl 99 sin is so awsm imma go pwn and take names since everyone is a noob and im just awsm.!!

*jumps into castle and gets raped by a blacksmith with mammonite and hammer fall, only takes him 2 Mammo to get killed,had no pots,had no buffs,wasnt even ready at all,then he complains*
Truth in reality : I died horribly to an organized guild.im depressed now.*quits hero*"

I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I feel kind of insulted. I, and hopefully most of my guild, brought pots and got buffed. This wasnt my first WoE, I didn't expect to do really awesome. I had just hoped it would take less time needed hunting gears/cards and more time just doing WoE. I had hoped, that as a Sage I could actually LP. Obviously I was foolish thinking I could get by with pantie+undershirt+beret and no cards. Again, not trying to start a flame war, but it kinda feels to me you were trying to take a potshot at me and my guild. Sorry if you didn't intend it.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2009 07:11 PM by Arie.)
12-07-2009 06:56 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

If anyone thinks BS / Behe together were over powering last non-trans WoE you need to visit trans WoE.

Needless to say they still kicked ass, no one was really organized in attacks and myself doing non-trans WoE for the first time since i was in Bamboo Squad was just doing it for fun. And it was fun, I actually killed someone with GC *which i wasnt expecting*

Edit: Im really not trying to belittle anyone in anyway by saying the defence wasnt over powering. Its just my personal opinion on the WoE

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2009 07:07 PM by thecursed.)
12-07-2009 07:06 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

I find a very large hole in your argument trying to compare pretrans WoE before Sunday, to pretrans WoE now.

Before, it was mixed with trans WoE, which has more castles and other things like that, which makes thigs a bit more spread out. To compare then and now doesn't sit at all with your argument. Of course it was less back then, that's why the times got changed and it's the way it is now, so that more people could come to it. So yes, there is more people, thank the GM's for setting that up because it was them that changed it.

As for this precast that you're talking about. Welcome to WoE's; people precast. Yes there's going to be more people precasting than before, becasue more people are involved. More people involved means more precasting.

I don't know what else to say, but welcome to Non-trans WoE. The community asked for it, and now we have it. This is what it looks like, and this is how it will look as long as we keep getting turn outs like the one that happened on Sunday. (which I think was only a large turn out because it was the first non-trans WoE for a while, and will die down after a few months, much like Muspel or i-tower had large turn outs when first implimented but now only pull a handful of people, but that's just personal thought and opinion)
12-07-2009 07:37 PM