Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Taking A Break
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Taking A Break

Recently developed carpal tunnel in my hand. Doctor said to stay away from the computer for abit because it might not be too late to make it go away, I dont know much about it but yeah it hurts a lot to move my wrist so im staying away from the computer for awhile.

-This is what 2.5 years of fishing does to you-

If you know anything about carpal tunnel or how to treat it / what to do tell me, im curious and it really sucks that it might not ever go away from what i understand. But yeah it just hurts too much to play right now so im taking a break.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
12-15-2009 06:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: Taking A Break

thecursed Wrote:Recently developed carpal tunnel in my hand. Doctor said to stay away from the computer for abit because it might not be too late to make it go away, I dont know much about it but yeah it hurts a lot to move my wrist so im staying away from the computer for awhile.

-This is what 2.5 years of fishing does to you-

If you know anything about carpal tunnel or how to treat it / what to do tell me, im curious and it really sucks that it might not ever go away from what i understand. But yeah it just hurts too much to play right now so im taking a break.

I've had that...as well as most the people I know...at one point in time or another... Just take it easy on the typing, unless it gets very serious, it should go away after taking a breather.

Fishing is a serious health hazard. Dangerously fishy.

12-15-2009 07:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE:??Taking A Break

Manifus Wrote:I've had that...as well as most the people I know...at one point in time or another... Just take it easy on the typing, unless it gets very serious, it should go away after taking a breather.

How long of a breather? And what were the symptoms of yours? Could you clearly see the bump in your hand, did your hand/forearm feel enflamed swollen or weakened?

If so and it did feel weakened and went away i feel a lot better now lmao.

On a side note its ironic how i always use to joke about getting carpal tunnel from fishing when myself and stuntbum would stay up all night fishing on numerous occasions...oh the irony.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2009 07:45 PM by thecursed.)
12-15-2009 07:43 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ??Taking A Break

thecursed Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:I've had that...as well as most the people I know...at one point in time or another... Just take it easy on the typing, unless it gets very serious, it should go away after taking a breather.

How long of a breather? And what were the symptoms of yours? Could you clearly see the bump in your hand, did your hand/forearm feel enflamed swollen or weakened?

On a side note its ironic how i always use to joke about getting carpal tunnel from fishing when myself and stuntbum would stay up all night fishing on numerous occasions...oh the irony.

Yeah it is a common ailment to gamers, my friend just had a bad case of it due to his college classes (he is taking 4 art classes at once) When swelling goes down and it stops hurting you should be fine, just...

...stop fishing, it is evil, vile, and a horrible health risk! D:

I wonder if your doctor can prescribe a macro...or if the gms would even buy that. ;p I should get a doctors note....

12-15-2009 07:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE:????Taking A Break

Manifus Wrote:
thecursed Wrote:

Yeah it is a common ailment to gamers, my friend just had a bad case of it due to his college classes (he is taking 4 art classes at once) When swelling goes down and it stops hurting you should be fine, just...

...stop fishing, it is evil, vile, and a horrible health risk! D:

I wonder if your doctor can prescribe a macro...or if the gms would even buy that. ;p I should get a doctors note....

I'll definetly scan the doctors note! I wonder what kind of look i'll get for asking her to perscribe me a macro...

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
12-15-2009 07:53 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

lol about the macro... Laugh

well i do know about the disease and thus i try my best not to get it by rationing my gaming and my posture while gaming...

supposedly it happens because the bottom of your palm receives too much pressure over time due to the way keyboards and mouse pointer devices are made (sorry but my drawing skills are too fail to draw you a diagram, but i hope you get what i mean). So the way around it is perhaps to use proper and comfortable padding, get more rest and do stretches regularly for better blood circulation, or try to use the mouse/keyboard at the edge of the table so that the bottom of your palm does not push against the table. Typing as if you're playing the piano and using the mouse in a similar manner might look crazy and is definitely not comfortable compared to the regular pose, but it does avoid the build up of pressure on the bottom of your palm.

anyhoo, hope you get well soon!

-w-
12-15-2009 09:55 PM
Icey Offline
How 'bout no?

thecursed Wrote:-This is what 2.5 years of fishing does to you-

Oh My God

Icey-Tea~ | 7x/4x | Sniper
Amelia Windrunner | 9x/50 | Hunter
Scarlet Heartstrings | 4x/3x | Merch

Find 'Jez' on main if you need me.
12-15-2009 10:21 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

*pokes* get better Cry
12-16-2009 06:24 AM
Culex Offline
Cucu / Lolibug o_o

thecursed Wrote:-This is what 2.5 years of fishing does to you-

I KNEW IT??Icon_cry

[Image: sig2vr9.gif]

vote vote vote VOTE!! 0_0

Top100 - Top200
12-16-2009 06:58 AM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Physical therapy and what mahawirasd suggested is the best way to treat it. Some people say the operation helps but its just a painfull band aid that gives no real long term help.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
12-16-2009 11:07 AM