Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AVATAR (THE REAL DISCUSSION THREAD :])
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: AVATAR (THE REAL DISCUSSION THREAD :])

Because the public majority won't like it. And if the public majority doesn't like it = revenue down the toilet for being obscene and promoting genocide and anti-environmentalism.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
01-10-2010 01:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE:??AVATAR (THE REAL DISCUSSION THREAD :])

Snapplewee Wrote:There are 896897689478956789458654756848976489567p2498673894576038945670389476389045670389​45

Movies that teach us good morals. Why cant we have one that doesn't?

3 words:

Grand Theft Auto

edit- cut out the string of numbers...

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2010 12:00 AM by Shikari.)
01-10-2010 11:59 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

So no one gets the American Indians comparison to this movie?
Thats kinda sad.....

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
01-11-2010 08:07 AM
Shikari Offline
Br?

And yes yuriohs, it did have that feeling. Reminded me of Dances with wolves, only better.

I could have sworn i had posted that tho..

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
01-11-2010 10:13 AM
Hoshi Offline
Feminist

You did, and no Street. I'm pretty sure the majority of us are aware of that reference. Even many critics mentioned the similarity of the movie to Dances With Wolves (not that there's a problem with that).

Anyways, I saw it for the second time last night with my cousins. Avatar's ripping through the box offices. We had to wait for the next two show times because the two earlier ones are all sold out. :| The IMAX 3D version of the movie is sold out everywhere for the next two days worth of show times. D:

99/70 High Priestess Holy Krap
98/68 Holy Paladin HoIy Krap
99/50 Bardress Hoshiro
99/50 Baby Huntress Hoshise
99/99 Supernovice Hoshibu
01-11-2010 01:46 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Most people thought the movie was just amazing to look at. Thats what I kept hearing in new york when I saw it opening day. Thats not most people tho./

I didn't hear anything about american indians until I was in the car talking.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
01-17-2010 10:13 PM
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

I've been interested in this movie for some time now, and finally saw it yesterday. The graphics were really enjoyable, very beautiful movie all around. Plot is basically a pure clich?, seen at least a hundred times before in games, books, comics, other movies, you name it. However, it made me fill an empty popcorn box with tears in record time.
My emotions will kill me one day...

I hope that at least for some of us this film has evoken feelings for justice. By that I mean realizing once again how ruthless the majority of human are, how cruel, brutal, barbaric, money-obsessed selfish creatures. Argh I so dislike violence but I must humbly admit that I did want to strangle mr. Colonel with my own bare hands...

Icon_twisted

Oh, and I must say; while reading this thread, I'm gobsmacked that someone could fall asleep because of no enough action!? I'd never fall asleep during a movie, especially in cinema. Too expensive entertainment in the lenght. O.O;
01-18-2010 07:18 AM
Huntress Offline
Mad Trapper

Had no idea what it was about before seeing it, didn't see any preview or anything, I went there with no expectations and was happily surprised, really nice movie, the kind we'll still be talking about 10 years from now.

Huntress 99/70 Sniper ~ Tiya 99/70 High Wizard
[Image: sigsniper9us3.jpg]
01-18-2010 11:11 AM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

RE:??AVATAR (THE REAL DISCUSSION THREAD :])

Huntress Wrote:Had no idea what it was about before seeing it, didn't see any preview or anything, I went there with no expectations and was happily surprised, really nice movie, the kind we'll still be talking about 10 years from now.

I think my problem was my friends over hyped it to me. Its hard for me to not like a movie, but this one was just...to predictable and cheesy for me.
01-18-2010 11:13 AM
Krumb Offline
Lazy Cartographer

Just completely empty your brain going in and enjoy the visuals. Except for the montages it was simple, but every time a montage popped up with the Navi I kept getting "Paint with all the Colors of the Wind" in my head. Damn it Pocahontas...

"Don't be a dick"
01-18-2010 11:51 AM