Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reset Master
Reaper Offline
Taekwon Boy

Reset Master

One of the greatest advantage of this server is awesome economy , there is always something good obtainable by money. Therefore I realy do not understand ,why characters reset is so expensive for higher levels . For example 99lvl Whitesmith that is setted for PvM is asked by a friend to forge some items. So he reset himself and lose 1.5 milion zeny egg, emperium and torn scroll . After forging he sees that WoE is near??, so he turn himself to WoE smith (1.5, egg, emperium, torn scroll ). After WoE he wants to hunt MvP with friends , but he need to reset once more. Finnaly he lost 4.5 M zeny 3 emperiums 3 eggs and 3 scrolls . Furthermore if he??had done many resets before ,he would pay 61.5 Milion zeny, 3 torn scrolls, 60 worn-out magic scrolls , 3 Emperiums and three eggs. Isn't it too much? I think that it may scare off many people , so they won't participate in WoE or PvP. Moreover I would be surprised if there is any player that like this system.I think that reset cost should oscilate between??0-9 thousands zeny. Thanks for reading this.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
               Then he is not omnipotent.
               Is he able, but not willing?
                Then he is malevolent.
              Is he both able, and willing?
               Then whence cometh evil?
             Is he both neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God?"
~Epicurus

Characters :
Sir Avalien (Swordman)
Mendelejew (Merchant)
01-01-2010 07:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

RE: Reset Master

Resets shouldn't be cheap.
Actually when you're in situation to need resets, I think you can afford it by that time.

It makes people think a bit ahead, not mindlessly hopping from one build to another ten times a day, as I saw when on servers with cheap resets.

Reaper Wrote:Moreover I would be surprised if there is any player that like this system.I think that reset cost should oscilate between 0-9 thousands zeny.

0-9k? Sorry, but are you joking?

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2010 08:00 AM by Mort.)
01-01-2010 07:58 AM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

I find that the reset system here is fair.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
01-01-2010 09:21 AM
Reaper Offline
Taekwon Boy

RE:??Reset Master

Mort Wrote:It makes people think a bit ahead, not mindlessly hopping from one build to another ten times a day, as I saw when on servers with cheap resets.

Why not ? In addittion even the most expirenced players that know which build is most efficient must change them often , because build that is good against MvP can be dull at PvP. I don't know why people should be forced to concentrate in one game area . Or be poor in all because they don't have money for good gears.

Then he is malevolent.
               Then whence cometh evil?
              Then why call him God?"
~Epicurus

Characters :
Sir Avalien (Swordman)
Mendelejew (Merchant)
01-01-2010 09:39 AM
Necrophiliac Offline

People should be making more than one character. This is a compromise for people who want a reset and those who do.
01-01-2010 12:36 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Especially since you can "own" multiple accounts and there are 12 slots per account, there being literally infinite chances to perfect your "build"

there's no excuse not to, unless you're just lazy, then yeah
there are people who'll take the money over time approach, cause hey

time > money, money can't turn back the clock

but if you're not lazy, then invest the time to make characters for builds, getting a first class to lvl 70s takes, what, a day in front of the computer if you're fastidious?

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
01-01-2010 12:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

And you wonder why people own multiples of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX class.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-01-2010 01:04 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I have a 97 ME High Priest and a 95 Battle High Priest =x. And I'm thinking of making a FS sometime when I don't have so many other characters to level and gear.

Although the resets do get even more expensive when you 90+ by 100k for each and every time you have reset, there is a cap to how much you have to pay, where it won't get any more expensive.

The thing with merchants, are they're supposed to make money. Smiths, with the weapons they forge, alchemist with the potions they brew. and/or overcharging/vending the loots they get in leveling build. 1million or 2 million zeny isn't all that much when you look at the big picture of things. But it's still enough to make us whine.
01-01-2010 01:58 PM
Reaper Offline
Taekwon Boy

Motenai ... Of course I can make 3 types of knight , but why? It's stupid. I think that Reset Master was made to avoid this situation. I don't want to make 3 Lord Knights because it's boring. Moreover I would need to transfer gears from one to another every time I would like to switch character . About being lazy... You can say that person that is against deleting warps is also lazy . But alternative is just annoying. Is current prices of Reset Master improves game in any way?

Then he is malevolent.
               Then whence cometh evil?
              Then why call him God?"
~Epicurus

Characters :
Sir Avalien (Swordman)
Mendelejew (Merchant)
01-01-2010 02:51 PM
Sepharius Offline
:3

Yes, it prevents people from becoming reset happy. Resets are there in case you made a mistake, not because you decided to change builds (though you can use it to do that, too).

They're fine as it is. Sure beats the damn 5k resets on my last server.

Reaper Wrote:Moreover I would need to transfer gears from one to another every time I would like to switch character .

So ask someone you trust to do it? I don't see the problem, everyone does it all the time here.

So far the only thing I've seen as a reason for cheap reset is the "lazy" reason. Your friend participates in WoE? Money shouldn't be a problem for him, then. If he has enough money to dish out CT/mammo in WoE, he shouldn't have a problem resetting; and even then, why did he reset 3 times? That's stupid. Pick a build and stick to it, otherwise things are going to get costly: the whole reason why the reset has such a large cost in the first place.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2010 04:06 PM by Sepharius.)
01-01-2010 04:05 PM