Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dragon Age Origins
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

Dragon Age Origins

Best RPG for the 360 ever?
IGN gave it best PC game of 09?

The Story Line is so rich it makes donald trump and bill gates are begging this game for money to eat?

Gameplay? REPLAYABILTY!!!!? The Ability to Branch off and make some unique builds? The Decision Making go so deep. Killing a boss on that game, with the final blow with melee does it so epicly. I wasn't expecting my character to jump on top of the orgre and stab him in the heart.

Dunno, I've been without internet for a long ass time but what game besides demon soul for the PS3 is toping this?

Demon Soul is the only other game i've been hearing about when I go on campus.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
01-03-2010 12:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE: Dragon Age Origins

Fallout 3- get it.

Anyways, I've heard like, absolutely nothing about dragon age so far- is the battling and such versatile AND controllable as far as the finishers and stuff like that?

Detaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiills! :D

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
01-03-2010 12:29 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

IMO Demon's Souls > DAO.

Story was ok, replayability is ****. If you think this was something big, you've probably never played Mass Effect before. It also felt eerily similar to Neverwinter Nights 2, and not in a good way. The thing that irked me the most was how Bioware didn't put in it's staple "start a new game with an existing character" ability, something they did have in Mass Effect and Jade Empire.

The one thing I will admit though, is that DAO had more choices than Mass Effect did. I think it could've done better, though.

@takhara: If you're looking for a variety of finishing moves, you're probably better off looking for another game.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
01-03-2010 01:27 AM
Slate Offline
Cue-ball Warrior

The finishers aren't really controllable, as far as I've seen. Every now and then in melee you'll see a decaptation or two, and if you freeze enemies you can smash 'em with certain attacks, but usually when you deal a killing blow your target's just gonna fall down. It doesn't feel like they've put a large focus on making the combat look cinematic. That said, I'm really enjoying DA so far, though admittedly I'm only about halfway through or so I think. The customization is deep enough to satisfy without having to invest hours in it (not that you can't if you want to. Icon_razz), and the combat is fun and looks good if you have a well-balanced party to employ different types of attacks.

Mostly though, I like it because it hits on the best elements from both ARPGs and JRPGs. It's got the heavy dose of autonomy you see in western games; your choices have an impact on the story, and for a lot of it, you effectively choose what happens when. There are multiple ways around most obstacles, and you can play a virtuous hero who really wants to save the world or a less idealistic one who just wants the fame and money.

All this great freedom meets with the JRPG conventions that you don't normally see in American games, though. The focus on stopping to strategize instead of employing only immediate tactics and reflexes means every moderately difficult fight can become a thinking game. More importantly, DA doesn't suffer from main character syndrome: you get a handful of partymates who interact with your character and the situations they're put in, making the story more personal rather than the plot-driven blandness you get out of games where you just have the main character.

It's the balance of autonomy with a sizeable primary cast that makes it such a good game, for me, as the combination does wonders for the storytelling.

From the little I've seen, I'm starting to get the impression Mass Effect has a similar dynamic, which means it (and its upcoming sequel) are probably going to earn a place on my to-buy list in the near future. Might want to check it out if you like sci-fi as well as fantasy.

[Image: 33918807.png]
Fortune Favors the Bald

Slate: 9x/6x Lord Knight
Basalt: 9x/50 Sage
Glass: 9x/50 Bard
01-03-2010 01:50 AM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

I loved everything but the partymates AI, they suck.... Icon_mad
And I already finished the game 2h sword warrior and replaying now with a Mage.
(plays PC version)
01-03-2010 09:07 AM
Yuriohs Offline

RE:??Dragon Age Origins

takhara Wrote:Fallout 3- get it.

Anyways, I've heard like, absolutely nothing about dragon age so far- is the battling and such versatile AND controllable as far as the finishers and stuff like that?

Detaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiills! :D

Actually I got fallout 3's DLC's with Dragon Age Origins.

Haven't touched them rofl.

This game feels like a mix with mass effect and knights of the old republic. I pay attention to even the smallest details, as in characters movement speed, cinematic animations, eye texture. I think they used whatever engine they had to make the game, because it looks similar to mass effect.

They used the Knights of the Old Republics battle system, Its based off of old DnD style rules (if you want to know more of the advanced combat system) But they have Knight of the Old Republics Que system, but you can't que that many options in battle.

The same HUD, as Mass effect (when you pull up your options like spells and abilities.)

The Actual Combat system, put it this way. If you didn't like the way you fought in nights of the old republic, then you won't like Dragon Age Origins.

And its even funnier, now that they have overwhelm...........

I was playing through the werewolf part and I must have had to replay at the same spot atleast 6 times T.T.

Lol I like challenges, and this is a challenging RPG.

If I had a PS3 though, i would try demon soul.

mass, just brew a bunch of pots, and have your AI drink them as they fight, makes things so much easier. Also, changing your AI as you go is good as well. I had Alister give me basically Anti Magic AoE at certain parts, my party AI on hard (mode im playing on currently) is amazing.

Having that Zeveran + Alister on the DPS with morganna DPSing as well and then when one of the characters are stunned she uses one of her hax hexes that dispells your party members then they keep going and all I do is buff and heal.

THAT STILL DOESN'T HELP WITH OVERRUN T.T

But Cape of Cod + Fire AoE + Flamer Power + Hax Spell damage = Almost Dead or Shattered Werewolf mobs. But if I don't see them when their cloaked, and then they use overrun on my mage.......

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
01-03-2010 11:44 AM
Slate Offline
Cue-ball Warrior

Alistair can get people out of grab attacks with Shield Bash. Not sure if it works on Overrun specificially - I haven't had to deal with it myself yet, though I'm coming up on the werewolf part now - but I don't see why it wouldn't.

[Image: 33918807.png]
Fortune Favors the Bald

Slate: 9x/6x Lord Knight
Basalt: 9x/50 Sage
Glass: 9x/50 Bard
01-03-2010 01:36 PM
Yuriohs Offline

There are a few skills that you can use to dissrupt overrun, but the thing is you have to time it.

On that werewolf part your not going to be facing parties of 3 wolfs, more like 8 including the yellow texted wolf. If you go in deeper, you have shadow wolfs, that are in hiding and then they do overun.

I had Alister, and Morrigan get overruned and I used that single spell frost move to get one of them off of alister.

Then we all died because there were other wolfs.

That game just takes timing and planning.

01-03-2010 03:20 PM