Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Demons Souls
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Demons Souls

So i rented this game last week around sunday. Ive only beaten the first 2 levels, first 2 bosses...This game is ridiculously hard. But i like the difficulty level in it, the only thing i detest is running through the whole entire level again when you die. I choose to be a Knight, cant figure out how to use any magic yet xD

Anyone else play this game, like it? hate it?
Discuss...

(Hardest game i've ever played aside from Megaman 9)

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
01-14-2010 04:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Indra Offline

RE: Demons Souls

One of the best games I've ever played.??

Also, if you're still pretty early in the game and want to use magic, I suggest remaking a character to be the 'Royalty' class, its basically a Mage knight class, with some of the best starting gear.??Just its beginning magic attack is enough to breeze through the first level.??Otherwise you'll have to wait until you find a catalyst, a wand that allows you to cast magic.??

It has one of the more interesting online experiences, especially when you start getting invaded by other players who get rewarded for killing you.??Will definitely make stuff more intense.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2010 09:30 PM by Indra.)
01-15-2010 09:29 PM
Sepharius Offline
:3

This game would probably be the reason why I would get a PS3. Played it a friend's house, and man I really like it.

It's "hard", for once. Not cheap. There's quite a difference.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
01-15-2010 10:36 PM
TerryStorm Offline
Kitsune King

I played it and honestly tried to get into it, but Demon Soul is possibly the worst Play station game I?ve ever played for a number of reasons.

1. You start off making a hero who looks butt ugly no matter what you do, but i admit the background is good at least.

2. I played through the tutorial smacking around the monsters with no problem, but you get your happy *** smacked down to limbo by a giant ogre and his near instant noob kill clever.

3. You get deferent levels of healing items and they look like broccoli, but you have to be away from all enemies to use any because your hero eats it very slowly for only a little piece of health, so you have to wait like 10 seconds to heal again.

4. The game story says that you?re the world?s only hope, but I wondered what about the other millions of people that play? I learned it?s the one guy/girl that plays to much and is still somehow alive at the end of the game! Because everyone else is a spirit, ghost, phantom or whatever you want to call when they are half way through the level.

5. There is an online game play and you get team mates that died on other consoles, but players can choose either to be a good or evil spirit, so players can attack you or not help you at all if you summon them.

6. There's two types of dying in this game, the first time you die you lose your physical body and your now in your spirit form, and you permently lose half of your max health when your in spirit form, the second time you die is spirit form in which case you start back at the very beginning of the level, and you will die often no ifs ands or buts about it >_>

7. There?s no check points in this game and the only save point is at the very beginning of the level, and you start back at the very beginning of the level as mentioned before every time you die also all the monsters you killed are back, and your items that was used are still gone, your weapon and armor durability is lowered, and you lose all your souls that is needed to level up your hero.

8. The only ways to get your physical body back is to either find a stone which is rare to come by, or you or kill the boss at the end of the level which is only there till you kill it (Hint use fire related attack/items/enchants on the first boss which is the cra- i mean tar blob (not the dragon) that?s its weakness No1 )

9. Other then the background graphic's being one of the two positives of this game and second is the fact people is going out to buy this game for $60 dollars so plus to the image and design creators.

I think I have made my point and no longer need to burn this game anymore, so I declare this game a failure to all gaming consoles. Have a nice day! No1
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2010 03:05 PM by TerryStorm.)
04-08-2010 03:02 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE:??Demons Souls

TerryStorm Wrote:...possibly the worst Play station game I?ve ever played for a number of reasons.
Really? I think it's a masterpiece. Too many casual easymode games on the market these days.

TerryStorm Wrote:1. You start off making a hero who looks butt ugly no matter what you do, but i admit the background is good at least.
Really? I thought my hero looked quite swell.

TerryStorm Wrote:2. I played through the tutorial smacking around the monsters with no problem, but you get your happy *** smacked down to limbo by a giant ogre and his near instant noob kill clever.
You're supposed to die at this part. I personally think it's a very clever way of the game reminding you that you can't be UberKnight McPwn in this game. This isn't God of War or Devil May Cry; you're not a one-man army. You're just one man.

TerryStorm Wrote:5. There is an online game play and you get team mates that died on other consoles, but players can choose either to be a good or evil spirit, so players can attack you or not help you at all if you summon them.
The blue spirits are the deaths of players on other consoles. They're there so show you where they screwed up so you won't. You can also join other players and aid them (you still get souls for helping them). And for players attacking you, they can invade your "realm" any time they so choose (though it's random). I find it adds a great intensity factor whenever someone invades; especially when you run into them face-to-face.

TerryStorm Wrote:6. There's two types of dying in this game, the first time you die you lose your physical body and your now in your spirit form, and you permently lose half of your max health when your in spirit form, the second time you die is spirit form in which case you start back at the very beginning of the level, and you will die often no ifs ands or buts about it >_>
Yep, dying is pretty much a part of the game. It relies more on skill than anything else. Making the slightest mistake will pretty much kill your guy since a single hit takes out a massive chunk of health. Practice makes perfect. I found the combat system easy to get used to. I have a good track record and I tend to live for more than 20 minutes at a time.

TerryStorm Wrote:7. There?s no check points in this game and the only save point is at the very beginning of the level, and you start back at the very beginning of the level as mentioned before every time you die also all the monsters you killed are back, and your items that was used are still gone, your weapon and armor durability is lowered, and you lose all your souls that is needed to level up your hero.
Again, there are some of us that enjoy the no-hand-holding no-holds-barred brutal-tastic difficulty.

TerryStorm Wrote:I think I have made my point and no longer need to burn this game anymore, so I declare this game a failure to all gaming consoles. Have a nice day! No1
You've made many a valid point, and I see where you're coming from with it. But in no way was Demon's Souls a failure. A good many people had been looking for a serious game without difficulty sliders and cheat codes, and DS delivered where many could not.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2010 03:23 PM by Galt.)
04-08-2010 03:20 PM
TerryStorm Offline
Kitsune King

RE: ??Demons Souls

Galt Wrote:Really? I think it's a masterpiece. Too many casual easymode games on the market these days.

There is a hard or hardcore mode now days or are you talking about the guys that are still to this day playing easy mode on socom >_>

Galt Wrote:Really? I thought my hero looked quite swell.
every hero that i've ever seen was ugly, and i was happy to find a helmet that covers some of its face (I was looking for a paper bag or something but sadly none were to be found) so you should put your hero as your avatar if you can find a way.

Galt Wrote:You're supposed to die at this part. I personally think it's a very clever way of the game reminding you that you can't be UberKnight McPwn in this game. This isn't God of War or Devil May Cry; you're not a one-man army. You're just one man.
this was more of an irony reacton really because you are portraded as the worlds only hope and you die, so i found the ogre killing you at the end was rather funny because it reminded me of soup opras like Days of Our Lives for the reasion of death will never actually kill a character

Galt Wrote:The blue spirits are the deaths of players on other consoles. They're there so show you where they screwed up so you won't. You can also join other players and aid them (you still get souls for helping them). And for players attacking you, they can invade your "realm" any time they so choose (though it's random). I find it adds a great intensity factor whenever someone invades; especially when you run into them face-to-face.
yeah i noticed how other players or one i dunno jumped off a cliff in different ways it was a good laugh as they was way more bored then i was.

Galt Wrote:Yep, dying is pretty much a part of the game. It relies more on skill than anything else.
If you expected to not die in a game then you should start playing Bass Fishing or something because any violent game is clearly not for you.

Galt Wrote:Making the slightest mistake will pretty much kill your guy since a single hit takes out a massive chunk of health. Practice makes perfect. I found the combat system easy to get used to. I have a good track record and I tend to live for more than 20 minutes at a time.
you basicly helped make my point on this one because in spirit form you have only half of your health anyways, so monsters kill you in like three hits. the combat system is easy to use because its a pure hack and slash game so bisicly you press X if i remember right to attack not much thinking involved. this game is not really worthy of much more time in burying so i won't even go into the combat system >_>

Galt Wrote:Again, there are some of us that enjoy the no-hand-holding no-holds-barred brutal-tastic difficulty.
Then you should of went to the nearest arcade and paid 50 cents to play there because you would get about the same game quailty and style for a lot cheaper price.

Galt Wrote:You've made many a valid point, and I see where you're coming from with it. But in no way was Demon's Souls a failure. A good many people had been looking for a serious game without difficulty sliders and cheat codes, and DS delivered where many could not.
You say that its not a failure and i will respect anyones opinions on games and movies, but I respectivly disagree with even considering DS being a great or even being close to good. DS is an over rated and over priced game that made it under the radar for the pure and simple fact that there really wasn't anything to see. DS in my mind was a huge rip-off of oblivion and really just made fun of a truly great game.
04-08-2010 09:46 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE:????Demons Souls

TerryStorm Wrote:DS in my mind was a huge rip-off of oblivion and really just made fun of a truly great game.
Hmm, I didn't really make that connection. I think both of the respective games are great, and I don't think Demon's Souls was made to parody Oblivion in any way. I myself have clocked well over 1500+ hours with Oblivion on PC thanks to the expansions and amazing user-made mods it has. Both has their own enjoyable qualities, but each to his own.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
04-08-2010 10:04 PM
~Altera~ Offline
I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGERS

Previews looked awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsum!!! I want *O*

~Altera lvl 99/70 Sniper ~ : Altera lvl 9x/50 Wizard ~
Altera~ lvl 96/50 Sin ~ : ~Altera~ lvl 9x/6x High Priest ~
"heRO is a worthy server, that Altera doesn't deserve!"

[Image: basebelong-1.jpg]
04-08-2010 11:01 PM
TerryStorm Offline
Kitsune King

RE:??Demons Souls

~Altera~ Wrote:Previews looked awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsum!!! I want *O*
i would recomend that you try the demo or rent it first before going out and buying

but then again thats true for most games now days
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2010 11:08 PM by TerryStorm.)
04-08-2010 11:07 PM
Ellisandra Offline
res ipsa loquitur

I've sat down with this game some, I gave it up when my schooling picked up and I didn't have the time or dedication to not suck so much.
I got to the fire demon guy at the end of 2-2 and just couldn't beat him. I'd always be doing pretty good, and then he'd go nuts at like 1/3 health and just rock my face Icon_sad
I think I took him on about 5 or 6 times and just couldn't get it!??And I couldn't find or figure out how to get any fire resist armor to make my life easier.
I'm fine with trial and error, and figuring things out.??It just seemed like this game was about 5% trial and about 95% error, heh. I did really enjoy it though, I like these kinds of games and I like a real challenge.

To be honest what turned me off wasn't so much the fact that I would die ALL THE TIME but the fact that the time-penalty for death was so high.??I don't mind losing all of my souls or taking armor damage.??What really started to get to me was the fact that I had to run through the entire level all over again, which would take me two or three times as long, at least, as it took me to get whomped by the boss XD. I guess I could always go online and read a guide or watch a video, but I didn't want to cheapen it.

Plus in 2-2 they had those stupid giant bugs that took FOREVER to kill, or even to move out of your way, which slowed things waaaay down.

Maybe in a couple weeks I'll have a good chunk of time and sit down and let this game have its way with me for a while until I start to enjoy it lol.

Ellisandra: 70 something priest
Kaitlyn: 80 something sniper
[Image: m8vec6bh.png]
07-19-2010 05:39 PM