Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sherlock Holmes
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

Sherlock Holmes

I'm a little late in seeing this, but I really enjoyed this movie.

Anyone else?
01-24-2010 04:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shikari Offline
Br?

RE: Sherlock Holmes

I saw it twice, honestly I laughed more the first one, but I found it very enjoyable the second xD. Acting was good, especifically liked of the actor who played Watson Ok

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
01-24-2010 07:23 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Jude law was worthless sorry to say... they casted the right Sherlock, but imho the watson should be a bit plump and more demure...

jude law is nowhere near the best actor, and really this is far from his best work... he did better as a sidekick in "Enemy at the gates"...

the film was enjoyable, i especially enjoy it because Guy directed it. But again it's nothing compared to "Snatch"...

and maybe it's just me, but the sherlock musings really becomes annoying after the 2nd time... similar to how the Conan manga easily becomes tedious...

-w-
01-25-2010 03:20 AM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

Going by the original novels, Law's rendition was more accurate than other actors. Remember, Watson was a doctor, not a buffoon.
01-25-2010 08:44 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??Sherlock Holmes

Snapplewee Wrote:Going by the original novels, Law's rendition was more accurate than other actors. Remember, Watson was a doctor, not a buffoon.

Agreed, I thought the interaction between the two and general use of characters was better than I have seen in other versions in terms of staying true to the original.

01-25-2010 03:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

I never read the books, but I really enjoyed watching this movie. Definitely the best i've seen in a long time. Then again, the hype is Downey Jr. lately~

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
01-29-2010 04:36 AM
hiropyro Offline
~insert witty phrase here~

Going by the books this movie was a blasphemy in many many ways. It was like a fan took his favorite parts of the series tossed it into a movie. With its own plot and called it win.

Jude Law made a half way decent Watson which surprised me immensely.

Downy was a horrid Sherlock: he just did not pull the role off right. honestly the perfect person for Sherlock would of been Hugh Laurie his character house as that picture says was based around Holmes. In SO Many way's and Hugh is just Holmes even if he never plays him he will always be so.

Otherwise this movie was a good "MOVIE" lol. thats just a Sherlock Fan Boys opinion

[Image: sigp.gif]
02-09-2010 01:24 AM
Drak231 Offline

Well, first of all sherlock holmes shouldn't be an action movie filled with explosions and special effects IMO...

If not considering that fact, I guess it was a good movie.

[Image: 07e3058w.png]
02-09-2010 09:04 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Sherlock Holmes

Good movie.??Makes me want to read the books.??

Hugh Laurie would have been perfect like you said, but imo Downy Jr. is like the best-second-choice.??You can't say the performance was bad. But maybe my expectations were not as high like you or others that read the books.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2010 11:31 AM by Général_Argos.)
02-09-2010 11:29 AM
Hoshi Offline
Feminist

I nearly fell asleep watching this movie, but that was because I was already sleepy when I first started watching the movie xD From what I saw though, it's different and not the typical kind of movie you would see everyday at the cinema. I personally didn't enjoy it as much. Then again, you're hearing this from someone who has never read the books before.

I do love the cast lineup though. Robert Downey Jr. is the icebreaker. I personally love Jude Law because of his accent Icon_smile And Rachel McAdams awesome because she's Canadian xD

99/70 High Priestess Holy Krap
98/68 Holy Paladin HoIy Krap
99/50 Bardress Hoshiro
99/50 Baby Huntress Hoshise
99/99 Supernovice Hoshibu
02-11-2010 12:13 AM