Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prontera and other places too.
Aufee Offline
I am a problem maker.. YESH!!

Prontera and other places too.

Err, I've been disconnecting a LOT in some major cities(Prontera and Lighthalzen) and Rachel Sanctuary map. Like when I log in I have only 3 minutes until I can move, then I disconnect. I tried checking my internet's speed, but, it's fast. 6Mbps or a bit less. I was wondering if the server has any problems?

Thanks. Icon_biggrin
01-25-2010 10:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: Prontera and other places too.

Aufee Wrote:Err, I've been disconnecting a LOT in some major cities(Prontera and Lighthalzen) and Rachel Sanctuary map. Like when I log in I have only 3 minutes until I can move, then I disconnect. I tried checking my internet's speed, but, it's fast. 6Mbps or a bit less. I was wondering if the server has any problems?

Thanks. Icon_biggrin

6Mbs is freakishly slow dood....

01-25-2010 10:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aufee Offline
I am a problem maker.. YESH!!

omfg srsly? D:
01-25-2010 10:38 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Nope. 6MBps is really good. If you're getting disconnected, it's probably something else.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
01-26-2010 12:28 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??Prontera and other places too.

Galt Wrote:Nope. 6MBps is really good. If you're getting disconnected, it's probably something else.

6 Megabits per second? How is that good? What are you at dood? O.o

01-26-2010 12:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TPC Offline
I like pie

Hehe, oh the difference between different countries. In some parts of the world 6mbps is considered a bit slow, including here. I don't know anyone locally who doesn't have at least 24mbps. But there are (several big first-world, not just third-world) countries where 6mbps would be considered in the upper range, since ISPs hasn't bothered getting their act together due to low competition.

Anyway, 6mbps is more than enough for RO. So thats not it. But it could still be your connection, there is no correlation with the speed you have and latency (the time it takes for data sent to reach the ro server, and back to you). If latency is high you'll experience that things are slow. You could have the fastest connection in the world, but still have high latency.

Also if you're getting DCed a lot it could be a problem with your ISPs equipment (or possibly your own router, if possible try connecting directly to the internet without it plugged in). You could try reporting it to them, but unfortunately that almost never leads anywhere. You could try switching ISP of course, if there is another good one in your area.

Also make sure you don't have any viruses or other malware on your computer, some of those use the internet connection heavily, and the stress can cause distruptions on other connections on the computer/network. And also close bittorrent and other p2p apps you have running those can distrupt things too.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
01-26-2010 09:48 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

gah manifus you're really spoiled aren't you?

my max ISP package is like 768 KBps... kinda costly... ~ 30 USD per month for unlimited access... ~12% of my paycheck goes there. Worth every penny coz my wife plays too... but still at most downloads are stable at 40 kbps....

Cry

-w-
01-26-2010 10:18 PM
TPC Offline
I like pie

o_O 30 USD for 768kbps? That is the most expensive per mbps non-dial up connection I've ever heard of. I pay just slightly more for over 30 times the speed. And thats including taxes that are much higher here than in the U.S.

Also, pay for "unlimited access"? Since where are there connections that aren't unlimited access?

Btw, small nitpick, you capitalized it wrong. 768 kbps is supposed to be in small caps, and the 40kbps number is supposed to have kBps or KB/s. b means bits, B means bytes. Just so you know in the future. Icon_biggrin

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2010 01:20 AM by TPC.)
01-27-2010 01:18 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Wait wait wait, are you talking Mega'bits' or Mega'bytes' because those are two very VERY different measurements?

mahawirasd Wrote:gah manifus you're really spoiled aren't you?

And no, I am actually relatively, poor. Anyone who knows the last situation I came from would understand this. ;x

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2010 01:37 AM by Manifus.)
01-27-2010 01:32 AM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: ??Prontera and other places too.

Manifus Wrote:
Galt Wrote:Nope. 6MBps is really good. If you're getting disconnected, it's probably something else.

6 Megabits per second? How is that good? What are you at dood? O.o
768 Kbps. Which is about 6 times worse than what he has.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
01-27-2010 01:44 AM