Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Usefull info
Drak231 Offline

Usefull info

Auto-casting in a party

Don't know if it works here, give me some news about it lol :

1- Alt + z : your party menu will open.

2- Click your buff skill hotkey you want to be auto-casted and then click the name of the person you want to give the buff to in your party window. The priest will give him =)

Pretty helpful with big partys!

Mimic cards (or others) stacking :

If you take a mimic, his drops are at X3:

Old Blue Box (1.35%)
Magnifier (90%)
Old Purple Box (0.15%)
Emperium (0.09%)
Rough Elunium (8.1%)
Trap (36%)
Rosary [1] (0.03%)
Mimic Card (0.03%)

Just add to these 2 times an OBB with whatever % it is ( I think it's 0,1 *3 = 0,3% because of the formula here : bonus2 bAddMonsterDropItem,603,10)

So the new drops from the mimic would be :

Old Blue Box (1.35%)
Magnifier (90%)
Old Purple Box (0.15%)
Emperium (0.09%)
Rough Elunium (8.1%)
Trap (36%)
Rosary [1] (0.03%)
Mimic Card (0.03%)
Old Blue Box (0.30%) <= effect of mimic card
Old Blue Box (0.30%) <= effect of mimic card

*Not sure of this*

Drop chance with a time component :

Considering the rates here are 5/5/3 :

With a time component, the actual formula is actually :

1-((1-probability)^occurrence) = chances of having the item

So if you kill approximately 10 andre/minute, and the drop chance of the card is 0,03%

1-((1-0,0003)^10)) = 0.0029598223051083172144951770951chances of having the item after 1 minute-> 0,296%

Now after an hour : you killed about 600 andres :

1- ((1-0,0003)^600) = 0.16475234509133524926823263281521 chances of having the card after 60 minutes -> 16,47%

More explanation with a poker example :

You have 9 and J of hearts. On the flop there is a K of spade, a 5 and a 7 of heart.

If you want to chase the flush and don't count the cards in the hand of the other player, you have 1/4 of obtaining it on the turn and 1/4 of obtaining it on the river.

NOW, the total chance is calculated by the formula...

1-((1-probability)^occurrence) = 1-((1-0,25)^2) = 0,4375 = 43,75% of obtaining your flush.

NOTE THAT THIS IS IF YOU DON'T COUNT THE CARDS OF THE OTHER PLAYERS!!!

This one is not by me, but still pretty interesting :
Lag Test :

"To test your lag: go to start, run, type in "cmd"
Then type in "ping hero-server.net -n 50" (with 50 being the number of times it pings the server, the higher the number the more accurate the result). It'll probably take about a minute to finish.

If you'd like to know if the latency (lag) is from the hero server (assuming the test above didn't have any determining results), or if it is from another server along the way, type "tracert hero-server.net", and it'll ping every server your line goes through to get to the server (tracert is short for trace route). You'll want to do this a few times to get a good result.

GMs feel free to remove this. Pretty sure other people would be interested and the GM team would like the info too. Below are my ping results. (I pinged 500 times because I wanted an accurate result)

[Image: lagtest.png]

(To upload your own, go here http://imageshack.us)

For those that don't know how to read the above, packets being dropped is the equivalent of what people call "jerky lag", what happens is the client sends a packet and the server either 1- fails to receive it (you don't move) or 2- the server does receive it but when they attempt to send it back it fails (ie, you 'jump'), either by your connection or a faulty server.

200 ms ping = 200 millisecond lag, or 0.2 second lag. If you have 0.3+ its usually noticeable (most people aren't bothered by 0.2 lag, 0.2 is still playable but lagging for a third of a second (approx. 300ms ping) is near unbearable).

For those interested, I have a 17 joint traceroute (california to germany) so that could also be taken into consideration.

If I could make a recommendation to the gm team, I'd get a nice dedicated server somewhere on the east coast of the united states. Reason: its midway between nearly all of the population. South American / American players would do much better and European players wouldn't feel much impact at all. Asian players (small portion of the pop) would do a bit worse but ever since a few earthquakes shook up all the lines near Malaysia about a year ago, they get poor connectivity to most European servers anyway. Aus players would do better too, though I'm not completely certain. "

Credits to : ???

Changelog : It seems the lag test doesn't work "since you're checking the lag to the web server that this website is hosted on, not the game server. They're not even hosted in the same country. So that tells you nothing." TPC
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2010 11:10 AM by Drak231.)
01-27-2010 05:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kain Offline
No, I still don't care.

RE: Usefull info

Whatsthepoint.jpeg

Ths text is a signature placeholder: Not quite as creative as a signature 'could' be. But probably more creative than yours.
01-27-2010 08:37 PM
Drak231 Offline

RE:??Usefull info

Kain Wrote:Whatsthepoint.jpeg

lol. actually I always motivate myself with the formula above when I go hunt for something.

Auto-casting is something I learned not so long ago that surprised me because I din't know we could do that (it's actually pretty useful).

Mimic card stacking is more like a : "did you know?"

Lag test : some might have some lag issues from time to time accusing whatever server. This can help

[Image: 07e3058w.png]
01-27-2010 08:50 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Its nice that you're posting all this but one of the forum rules is that no other server name be posted, please remove it from the text. Also, please credit the person who wrote a guide or text if you're going to post it here or remove it.

Thank you.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
01-27-2010 09:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kain Offline
No, I still don't care.

Well fair enough. Seemed like a bunch of really random info not particularly organized or anything of the sort. But, like the other post I suppose it could be useful to someone. Huzzah! Icon_biggrin

Ths text is a signature placeholder: Not quite as creative as a signature 'could' be. But probably more creative than yours.
01-27-2010 09:02 PM
Drak231 Offline

RE:??Usefull info

GM-Aki Wrote:Its nice that you're posting all this but one of the forum rules is that no other server name be posted, please remove it from the text. Also, please credit the person who wrote a guide or text if you're going to post it here or remove it.

Thank you.

Oups Sorry http://wordonmars.files.wordpress.com/20...makens.jpg

As for the credits, I made the three first, but the last one, I don't know who made it... (I keep interesting stuff in a word format from my old servers) :S

01-27-2010 09:12 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

From my knowledge, more than one Mimic card will still... act like one mimic card. Any boxes of the same color don't stack.

(Now you all know why heRO custom lower gears, upper gears, etc all drop different colored GBs)

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

01-27-2010 11:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Mimic card doesn't work that way.

All it does is add a 0.1% (1 = 0.01% for drops in the script) of OBB to *every* monster that you kill. I don't know how did you get 0.25, twice out of it. If you want to look at a drop list, treat it as:

Old Blue Box (1.35%)
Magnifier (90%)
Old Purple Box (0.15%)
Emperium (0.09%)
Rough Elunium (8.1%)
Trap (36%)
Rosary [1] (0.03%)
Mimic Card (0.03%)
Old Blue Box (0.10%) <= effect of mimic card

In no way does having a mimic clip, affect any monster that naturally drops an Old Blue Box naturally. It certainly won't make 3 OBB out of things either.

Note that Easter Hat does not stack with Mimic card. In general, Easter Hat overrides Mimic card.

<><><>

Drop chance formula is "correct" but its interpretation needs to be slightly reworded. Again it isn't wrong, but I think that it needs to be written explicitly that this is a "hindsight formula." It does not predict what's the chance of a card dropping in the future, but you can use it to calculate "Ok, so I still don't have a card, what was the chance of that happening?" Every kill has an equal chance of 0.03% of dropping the card. You cannot rely on this formula to go "Ok, so I killed 599 monsters already, and if the drop rate of a card is 0.25%, then the next one should have a drop rate of 77.73%."

In reality, this equation is only useful for whining about murphy, and your own lack of luck. It hardly serves any practical purpose for a player. It has more use for GMs for balancing issue (which players can't do much about anyway.)

01-27-2010 11:40 PM
TPC Offline
I like pie

The "lag test" is kind of useless, since you're checking the lag to the web server that this website is hosted on, not the game server. They're not even hosted in the same country. So that tells you nothing.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
01-28-2010 07:08 AM
Drak231 Offline

Sorry for the 0.25, it was on a 25X drop rate. I'll update.

01-28-2010 10:29 AM