Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Priest exp guide - AM (Level 80+)
Drak231 Offline

Priest exp guide - AM (Level 80+)

One of my old guide from another server. I modified it a bit. Here it is (please take in consideration the date of creation) :

=======================================================================
Ragnarok Online - Priest exp guide - AM (Level 80+)
Written by Drak
Date of creation: 02/06/2008 - June 2nd 2008
Last updated : 27/01/2010
=======================================================================

<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>
Table Of Contents
<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>

I. Introduction

II. Stat point allocation

III. Skills

IV. Recommended Equipment

V. Where?

VI. The clean up

VII. The killing

VIII. The revival

IX. Conclusion

X. Credits

<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>=<>
I. Introduction

Hi, I went exp to AM and surprisingly didn't see anyone. So, I had the idea to do a guide about how to xp to AM (ancient mummy), the best place for a priest in my opinion.??Why? Because of it's high xp and their drop of glove (1) which are worth a lot (PC?).

Why choosing AMs over Anubis? Well, first Anubis don?t give really nice drops. I compare to Anubis, because it?s practically the only other option for soloing with TU (turn undead) effectively IMO (in my opinion). Also, the Anubis map is kind of a pain and there isn?t a lot of them anyway? Of course, partying could be another option.

There are 3 main steps to do kill AM effectively:

1- The clean up
2- The killing
3- The revival

But first, let's start with the build.

II. Stat point allocation

Ok at lvl 80 you should be at 80 int and 80 dex. While leveling, put your int to 90 and max out your dex to 99. When reaching 99 dex, max out your int (99). The rest goes into vit after both are maxed out.

Why is dex so important? To always have the time to cast Kyrie Eleson and to reduce after cast delay. AM can OS (one shot kill) you so Kyrie is really important. Of course, dexterity is also needed to cast TU as fast as possible.

Intelligence is also really important, but the reason why not maxing it before dex is that Turn undead has a maximum chance of 70% to auto-kill an undead monster. Altough we don't exploit 70%, 50% would be way enough to kill them.

If we calculate with this formula at lvl 90: ( [ (SkillLV*2) + LUK + INT + BaseLV + (1 - TargetHP/TargetMaxHP) ] *200) /1000 % (with a max 70%)

= ([(10*2) + 38 (gloria+ job lvl bonus) + 105 (blessing + job lvl bonus) + 90 + (1-1)]*200) /1000 %
=50,6%

This is way enough and calculated without any equipment!

I used this site for the job lvl bonus:
http://ro.doddlercon.com/calc/calcx.html

And here is a calculator for TU if you don't want to make the calcul yourself:
http://ratemyserver.net/stat_sim.php?jid...ap=0&go=Go

III. Skills

The essential skills you need, as described above, are gloria for a boost of 30 luck, kyrie eleson to survive, blessing for more int and dex and TU for killing the AM

Of course, more skills are needed... My personnal build is as follow:

[Image: 1212388348.jpg]
Skill tree from http://www.ratemyserver.net

You can always have these instead of angelus : angelus level 2, teleport level 2, warp portal level 4, pneuma level 1, divine protection level 9

Acolyte skills:

Level 10 heal needed when doing the Clean up step which I will explain later (and of course for healing yourself if you ever need to...).

Increase agility level 10 to flee more easily from an AM and then have the time with proper dex to cast Kyrie eleson / TU.

Level 10 blessing for increased int (TU) and dex (after cast delay and casting time).

Teleportation (level1!) (prerequisite ruwach) is also essential and it even saves you from buying fly wings Icon_razz. You don't really have anything else to put in anyway... See ''Where?'' and ''Clean up'' section for it's use.

Angelus level 10 is neither essential, but increased def isn't bad to have.

Divine protection level 7 isn't essentiel (prerequisite for other skills level 5) either but more def is always good to have.

Priest skills:

Kyrie Eleson level 10 needed to always save your *** from the OS of the AM.

Turn Undead level 10, to increase your chance of OSing the AM.

Gloria level 5 to have a boost of luck which is in the TU formula.

Magnificat level 5 isn't imperial, but it makes sure you never run out of sp.

Sanctuary level 10 can be useful to push back the AM and have the time to cast your spells if you don't have enough dex yet. I guess safety wall could also be used for the same purpose, but I still prefer sanctuary.

The other skills are prerequisite.

IV. Recommended Equipment

Ok first of all, I'll give you the ideal equipment to have (without considering MvP cards or SOME MvP drops).

Weapon: Divine Cross (skeggiold are easy to kill with SL ^_^) OR Survival rod (dex version preferably) + drops card
Shield: If you have survival rod, than shield + Thara frog card
Accessory: 2 gloves + 2 zerom card (no need of phen with high dex)
Footgear:??sandals+9 + firelock soldier card OR Vidar's boots
Garment: muffler + raydric OR Vali's manteau
Armor: Odin's blessing + succubus card
Head Gear up: Ulle's cap + incubus card
Head gear middle-down: Whatever lol

The reason why I still put cards that reduce neutral damage instead of undead is that even though AM are undead property type, they inflict neutral damage.

Change log : Bathory card (would be in the middle-range difficulty) can also be used to counter the OSing skill from AMs

Now, how about an easy equipment to get?

Weapon: Arcwand (all other good wands are kind of hard to get)
Shield: Shield + thief bugg egg card
Accessory: 2 clips + zerom card (the monster are easy to hunt down, but the card's not that easy to get)
Footgear: Shoes + Sohee Card
Garment: Morpheus's shawl
Armor: Silk Robe + pupa card
Head Gear up:??Circlet + elder willow card
Head gear middle-down: Decorative items

Getting max hp raised is nice for you instead of raising vit stat (even though that's not the only thing vit does).

V. Where?

You gotta go through 4 elemental dungeons (fire,ice,earth,wind) and climb the Hundred floors tower...

OR NOT.

Actually it's pretty simple: warp to pyramids dungeon and follow these pics:

[Image: 1212452205.jpg]

[Image: 1212452216.jpg]

[Image: 1212452233.jpg]

NO you don't have to follow all this crazy road, just use teleport!!

And if you ever want to not use teleport... there's a huge ''+'' & ''-'' ELITE GUARDING PROTECTOR blocking the way... So you're kind of obligated to use the skill... Icon_razz

[Image: 1212453362.jpg]

Now teleport in the area in green and prepare for some space cleaning Icon_wink
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2010 08:00 PM by Drak231.)
01-27-2010 06:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Drak231 Offline

RE: Priest exp guide - AM (Level 80+)

VI. The clean up

Please refer to the map above for this step.
Now, to answer to ''weapon of choice'', what to do with the arclouse and the mimics bothering you?

First of all, make sure you cast all buff spell before teleporting in the green area.

Then bring all the non AM mob in the purple area. The AMs, if there ever are, will try to follow you but they're too slow fortunatly and only arclouse and mimic will follow you in their purple cage =D.

Then when you're in the purple area and you're getting owned by every Mob here, just use teleport and do the same Merry-go-round.

Here are some pics to understand better:

Do the clean up on the left side:

]http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1212454281.jpg

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1212454391.jpg

And on the right side... :

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1212454412.jpg

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1212454438.jpg

Remember that you could die on the blue area while doing this step:

]http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1212454505.jpg

And if you ever happen to do this step wrong or forgetting an arclouse or a mimic while fighting an ancient mummy... well, you'll die too:

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1212454519.jpg

I told you, arclouse are bad =(

By the way, if you ever find a mob getting stubborn and leaving it's purple cage, then just be kind enough to bring back the beast to it's favorite color... PURPLE.

N.B.: The clean up takes about 20 minutes to do. Oh and if you ever want to commit suicide, please go see an old friend of mine where the X is on the map...

Also note that the clean-up step is much faster if you have a 99 agi character (rogue or sin)

VII. The killing

After your hard time cleaning, your reward awaits! Just keep killing AMs with kyrie eleson, blessing and gloria ALWAYS on and heal yourself if you ever need to. Of course, cast your other buff spells too.

KILL KILL KILL

Notice that you should not encounter any khalitzburg, but I did and I found it strange... Using Dbs , abracadabra or Hyloizoist card here would be pretty strange too... A big ''?'' is above my head on that matter, but anyway... if you ever find a khalitzburg, they're easier than AM, so just TU??them... it's not a big deal.

Changelog : Khalitzburg are slaves of anubis.

At lvl 80, it should be harder to kill some AM, but it's really worth it. After the clean up step, I went from lvl 91 to lvl 95 in an hour (on mid-rates 50X though lol)... and this, while taking pictures for this guide.

In these levels (maybe about lvl 87 +), something may happen if your kind of unlucky...

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1212455984.jpg

You have no idea how hard it is to write on paint xD

You may run out of AMs!!!

What to do?! What to dooo?!!! Well, just follow ''weapon of choice'' instructions and go kill anubis... OR (guess what?)

NOT

When such a situation happens that's where the next step embark...

VIII. The revival

This is a really simple step that doesn't take a lot of time. When you're missing of AMs, just use teleport and locate safe AMs to kill without any mimics or arclouse around... That way, killing these AMs will make more AMs spawn in the green area.

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1212456435.jpg

Why not always doing teleport and killing safe AMs that way? Cause I tried and I'm telling you, it's way more complicated and more painful than always have the green area safe (from the last map in the ''where?'' section) and spawning AMs from the revival step.

IX. Conclusion

To finish, I hope you'll find this guide usefull to lvl your priest. Note that you can always make a party at pyramids with a character with high hp (hit points) that can take damage for you while you heal him/her and cast TU on the AMs. Of course, a party of priest is even better because the clean up step take way less time and the revival step too.

If you ever notice mistakes that I made in this guide, please pm me or write it in??the topic. Same goes for the english mistakes (I'm actually from Quebec Icon_razz).

Thxs for reading!!

X. Credits

Credits to the following:

Paint (******* paint I would remove the ''t'' and say pain in the *** to write on pictures xD)

Rate my server for skilltree and TU calculator: http://ratemyserver.net/ http://ratemyserver.net/stat_sim.php?jid...ap=0&go=Go

Doddlercon, Stats calculator: http://ro.doddlercon.com/calc/calcx.html

Monster up for it's image hosting: http://www.monsterup.com/

That's it! Thxs for reading!
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2010 08:05 PM by Drak231.)
01-27-2010 06:59 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Good guide.??Though most people here would probably prefer Anubis in the sphinx because they give so much more exp per kill. BUT??I do like??Ancient mummies for the chance at slotted gloves and the??silver rings for some nice cash as a priest.

I think a few people still farm amon Ra for OCA, so if you're lucky, you might find his little spot??vacant, and a good spot to TU from.

My little note from my time down there- It may be worthwhile to use a bathory carded armor down there instead, since they do have a dark property attack that is fairly painful, and Bathory makes it miss, or makes it damage very minimal.

Before Anubis, there was Ancient mummy. And although it's not as much as anubis, it's still pretty worthwhile exp.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2010 07:22 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-27-2010 07:19 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Oh you remade.

My point still stands, Amon Ra is in the middle and will kill you.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-27-2010 07:38 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Nice guide but please, keep to the forum rules.

Forum rules Wrote:If you post a picture in a thread and the size is bigger than 640x480, put the link only without the [img] tags. AKA don't stretch the forum pages.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
01-27-2010 07:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Drak231 Offline

RE:??Priest exp guide - AM (Level 80+)

The Legendary Joe Wrote:My little note from my time down there- It may be worthwhile to use a bathory carded armor down there instead, since they do have a dark property attack that is fairly painful, and??Bathory makes it miss, or makes it damage very minimal.

True! Thxs! Icon_biggrin

Ultima_Pi Wrote:Oh you remade.

My point still stands, Amon Ra is in the middle and will kill you.

Amon Ra barely moves and you see the MS spawning. Check one of the pic I made, with the map and the colors.

GM-Aki Wrote:Nice guide but please, keep to the forum rules.

Forum rules Wrote:If you post a picture in a thread and the size is bigger than 640x480, put the link only without the [img] tags. AKA don't stretch the forum pages.

Sorry, I'll edit soon

Edit: Is it okay now?

[Image: 07e3058w.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2010 08:07 PM by Drak231.)
01-27-2010 07:57 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Amon Ra doesn't move period.

I know how old school AMs worked, when Amon Ra sucked as an MVP and SinX could melee him to death. This guide is basically a reflection of the good ol' days.

Nowadays, Khalitzburg are the result of leftover Amon Ra spanws that the last killer didn't feel like cleaning up. They give 0 exp. Same with Arclice and Mimics.

Once you get just within screen range Amon Ra, he'll start using his leechy life skill thingy, and probably just drop MS on your face (though I don't think a Priest can trigger it). Your only warning sign before going into his range of fire is seeing his Fire Pillars all around him.

But, assuming you steer very clear of that spot (which is nearly impossible to do, and AMs do walk there), it can be good exp.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-27-2010 08:22 PM
Drak231 Offline

Yeah, I'm actually an old-school RO player. lol. I know pretty much all the old spot to exp. Altough I played a bit on the new maps, my knowledge are really limited on them.

I'll have to test before making updates. Thank you!

Edit : Still, I wrote that guide last year come to think of it. You just need to not go over where Amon Ra is.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2010 09:02 PM by Drak231.)
01-27-2010 08:55 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

If Amon Ra is damaged and use heal on himself, he'll still summon monsters. Being on target of Heal will cause him to summon as well, including the case of healing himself.

Bathory armor will block Amon Ra's Blood Sucking/Energy Drain attack, along with Dark Blessing. So as long as you got bathory, Amon Ra won't do anything to you except normal attack unless you try to do something to him. He does do meteor storm naturally, but only once every 5 seconds which is acceptable as something you can teleport away from.

01-28-2010 12:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Drak231 Offline

Even if you teleport where Amon Ra is, you can still teleport again before he kills you... (fly wings would be better here though)

01-28-2010 09:54 AM