Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Great Compromise Plan
poeticwings Away
PAGDAYAW !!

RE: ????The Great Compromise Plan

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:
poeticwings Wrote:
Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:If WoE comes up in Main or on these open forums, You have to expect that social guild players (such as myself) will chime in. Thus pissing the WoEers off.

Then don't?

Even if I don't, other social players could and some would.

Let me rephrase then. Be one less person.

Rinato High Priest L99/70
Index Sniper L99/70
Peppermint Gypsy L99/69
The Pianist Assassin Cross L98/68
sharp Baby Hunter L99/50
Harmonia Soul Linker L91/50

The Penguin Squad Guild L9
01-29-2010 03:41 AM
Find all posts by this user
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??The Great Compromise Plan

Herman Wrote:IM SO MAD YOU MADE THIS THREAD!
lolol.

And seriously, Matrim, this is your solution? I thought you would understand the difference between a real conversation and a rant. Everyone will talk, and arguments will be had. It's how life rolls, and you just have to deal with it. Separating the two parties would only make it worse, don't you understand that?

@Manifus: If you think this is racism, then it's even more of a reason to not apply your the suggestion. Martin Luther King Jr., ever heard of him?

Edit: Fixed~

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2010 03:59 AM by Corporal.)
01-29-2010 03:41 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Herman Wrote:i personally think its fascinating to see the relationship between the two types of guilds.. especially how some social guilds get defensive about being social.??I've never seen a WoE guild say "sorry for breaking your emp", dont be sorry for being who you are and??playing this game the way you want to.. I feel like the recent talk of WoE and hero's population demographic has been somehow misunderstood by some.. no one is being called out or looked down upon.??I never say.. Oh, he's a social guilder, lets not party with him, or let talk about him in our "woe guild" chat.

So unless there is some other reason to make this channel, I dont see the point.??seems silly all this fuss over who we are and why we play.??Just enjoy the game, sheesh.

And yes, some flames get thrown on @main, but its @main.. flames get thrown for every reason known to man.??If people figured out I always mob counter clockwise they would flame me (oh $#*^!)??lol.. seriously tho.

I get defensive when I hear terms like "social plagues" and "Social guilds are hurting WoE" and comments about my own personality & motivation such as earlier was directed at me. "In the time you've played I've made X & done X and have X...and you don't. Seems clear I am more motivated". Now that said, his point that WoErs are more motivated and better at PvM than 90+% of social guilders/PvMers could be true. But comments like "You're not worth my time to PM" tend to set me off.
01-29-2010 03:44 AM
poeticwings Away
PAGDAYAW !!

RE: The Great Compromise Plan

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:Now on forums, create two new sections. One labeled WoE and only people in a WoE group can access it.

Forgot to mention that there are groups such as Test/Dev and Nobles...

Rinato High Priest L99/70
Index Sniper L99/70
Peppermint Gypsy L99/69
The Pianist Assassin Cross L98/68
sharp Baby Hunter L99/50
Harmonia Soul Linker L91/50

The Penguin Squad Guild L9
01-29-2010 03:46 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Did I mention that such an idea is... anti-social?
Or atleast my mummy taught me it was anti-social to exclude people.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2010 03:47 AM by Ellie.)
01-29-2010 03:46 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Kind of funny that a social guild member made the suggestion then, no???

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2010 03:51 AM by azurerogue.)
01-29-2010 03:51 AM
Bipolarsexual

RE: ??The Great Compromise Plan

Corporal Wrote:
Herman Wrote:IM SO MAD YOU MADE THIS THREAD!
lolol.

And seriously, Matrim, this is your solution? I thought you would understand the difference between a real conversation and a rant. Everyone will talk, and arguments will be had. It's how life rolls, and you just have to deal with it. Separating the two parties would only make it worse, don't you understand that?

If you think this is racism, then it's even more of a reason to not apply your suggestion. Martin Luther King Jr., ever heard of him?

Who said anything about racism? I just think there is drama between the two sides and people from both sides have contributed to it. I'd prefer if both sides got along better and I have no problem with WoE or any WoE guilds. (Certain players in WoE guilds yes but not guilds themselves). I will not however accept that people who don't WoE (on Hero) should be bashed for having an opinion. Esp since some have WoEd and do WoE on other servers.
01-29-2010 03:53 AM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE: ??The Great Compromise Plan

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:But comments like "You're not worth my time to PM" tend to set me off.

I'm going to clarify my own statement, once again, as I already have done in-game during our chat. I had apologized for my statement, but I also elaborated that it had not come out right. I simply dislike typing out long names when trying to PM someone, and when I double click their name and it doesn't pop up in my chat, I ask them to PM me. I may have come off rude, but I had no intentions to be rude at all.

Once again, I'm apologizing if it had offended you, I didn't mean for it to come out that way.

Edit:
Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:Who said anything about racism? I just think there is drama between the two sides and people from both sides have contributed to it. I'd prefer if both sides got along better and I have no problem with WoE or any WoE guilds. (Certain players in WoE guilds yes but not guilds themselves). I will not however accept that people who don't WoE (on Hero) should be bashed for having an opinion. Esp since some have WoEd and do WoE on other servers.

I read the racism part from another person, and forgot to change it to direct it at them. My bad, miscommunication.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2010 03:57 AM by Corporal.)
01-29-2010 03:54 AM
Bipolarsexual

Ellie Wrote:Did I mention that such an idea is... anti-social?
Or atleast my mummy taught me it was anti-social to exclude people.

I find it ironic that WoE players don't want social guild players to comment on WoE...Yet they want them to have the ability to comment.
01-29-2010 03:55 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

azurerogue Wrote:Kind of funny that a social guild member made the suggestion then, no???

That's what I was getting at. =)

They want them to have the ability to make RELEVANT comments about WoE. "I give items away" or "I play to be social" have NOTHING to do with WoE. Whatsoever. At all.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
01-29-2010 03:57 AM
Thread Closed