Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mining hat
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Mining hat

Only the advanced spot can yield hatter cards.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-23-2010 01:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TPC Offline
I like pie

I'm not sure that I agree. There are faster ways to make money. Not many on the server mine anymore since most feel its not worth the time spent anymore. The artificial delay they added in last year made it much slower.

As for those 100 of each level 4 stones, whoever that is must have saved up for months before vending to get that many. And its not like you get tons of hatter cards, you get one every now and then, but its not like you get one every run. I'd say hunting porings is faster if you're after hatter cards.

Mining just isn't the money-maker that it used to be, its only really good for that purpose if you're new to the server and don't have a high level character yet. Most people that mine these days are after materials for forging, upgrading, zodiac quest, etc. not the zeny. If its nerfed any further I think people would stop mining altogether, not being worth it for being so boring to do.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2010 02:38 PM by TPC.)
04-23-2010 02:25 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah, I didn't deal with the artificial delay when testing last year, I haven't mined any I think since then.

ANYWAY I remember the earlier scripts I did test yielding over 10mil in one hour (was pretty funny). The last script I dealt with was 2mil in one hour. I did not macro, I simply am very fast when I do mine. I mined also with a fighter Super Novice with a cart. :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-23-2010 02:56 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

it's still really not that hard to make a lot of money quickly at mining, especially if you don't care to invest the time to make equips yourself, which means you're selling over 95% of what you get anyway, not to mention if you do get a hatter, that's an easy 300k+ if you choose not to save them for yourself.

so if it is as dani says, then 2m/hr is really really good profit. in two full days of work that's 96m. you can pretty much buy what you want at that point.
04-24-2010 02:00 AM
TPC Offline
I like pie

You got 2 mil per hour before they added the artificial delay. Its less now. And if you want maximum profit you have to work for it, finding buyers for things like Oris and steel, breaking pure stones in umbala, etc. So you have to add that time into the time spent for the money too. I haven't measured exactly how much money I would get from mining if I did that since I keep so much for later usage myself, but its less than I would get hunting hill winds during the same time. I get one mil per hour hunting hill winds.

And believe me, no one has the patience to sit and mine for more than 2 hours per day. Its just too boring.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2010 09:55 AM by TPC.)
04-24-2010 09:54 AM
Revenant Offline
Shadow of Nobody

As a drastic change, it could be made so that the majority of monsters don't drop metal, therefore meaning that mining would be the neccesary route to go. Doesn't make much sense right now from a rationalized point of view, nor does fully pristine equipment materializing out of nowhere.

However, RO doesn't make much sense in the first place. Just throwing that out there for the hell of it.

We want YOU!.. in Testing & Development. PM GM-Circe to join.
04-24-2010 10:03 AM