Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A small request?
Xujinst Offline

A small request?

Recently I was asked by my girlfriend to help her with some scripting for this server, simply put she creates the story line i create the code. However I personally prefer to pre-test my scripts so as not to send someone a mess of bugs and errors, which is where my request originates from. This wasn't a problem before I had rebooted my computer and had a test sever which was given to me by a friend, however now I lack a test server. As such I'm in a rather unfortunate predicament, I severely lack the skills required to make one, and furthermore I lack the skills to even understand most of eA's guides on how to make one.

So basically what I'm asking is does anyone have a pre made test server that they could just send me, and I could use to test my script? Or does someone have a guide that a total moron could follow to create their own test server?

Now unfortunately I realize that this request will probably generate a lot of potentially rude and unhelpful responses so naturally I apologize in advance.

To those that are helpful I thank you in advance for all your time and consideration.

Thanks to everyone and anyone that takes the time to read this, and if it potentially breaks the rules or is in the wrong place I apologize in advance.

[Image: dusksiggy.png]
02-03-2010 08:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
otohime Offline

RE: A small request?

I'm pretty sure there's something on RMS. I don't think the GM would appreciate you running scripts here >.>

[Image: 93147490.png]
02-04-2010 01:48 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Actuallyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

I believe you should join our Testing and Development forum if you haven't yet. Usually we go through a testing phase eventually with scripts to iron out bugs so maybe he'd be more likely to find help in that section than in this one.

Plus he can help with the other stuff we need done too maybe, who knows. :D

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-04-2010 02:26 AM
Xujinst Offline

I kind of feel as though my point has been possibly missed? I Rate My Server has a test server yes, but not one that allows me to insert and test code on, which is what I basically need. So a server for myself and myself alone essentially, just my skills in that department are more than jut a little lacking.

As for the Test and Development section I think that's a possibility, however as I said before I do prefer to test my scripts myself first before submitting them to someone else. Either way the script I want to test and was request to make is for this server.

However I do thank you for your replies.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 02:29 PM by Xujinst.)
02-04-2010 02:26 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hm well you can ask in the help section perhaps for how to set up a test server because it would be a more appropriate section for that.

I dunno though, but I figured you should join T&D because you do scripting and we really needed more of them joining that section anyway :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-04-2010 02:45 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Don't ask on RMS how to set up a server, even a test server, they'll only direct you to eAthena, which is what I'll suggest too, they had a easy to follow guide on how to set up a test server before, that's the place you're most likely to find the answers you're looking for.

http://eathena.ws/board/

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
02-04-2010 05:13 PM
Sukeishima Away
Touched by His Noodly Appendage

I had my brother (who has a degree in computers and has set up servers previously for other games and programs and has a computer running as a dedicated computer, and thus is not lacking in experience) try to set up a test server for me to work on before. He said that all of the guides on eAthena's boards are either horribly confusing or majorly out of date and useless.

[Image: ROsiggy.png]
[Sukei - 9x Grimmy Assassin] Guildleader of Divine Nocturne <3
[Kalmia - 8x FS High Priestess] KoL's Sweet Potato <3
Click here to see which chars are mine!
02-04-2010 09:32 PM
Xujinst Offline

I can duly contest to the confusing, and sometimes frankly horrible nature of the guides I attempted to follow on eAthena which is why I thought I might test my luck and ask here.

Again thank you to everyone that made suggestions as how to help with my current situation.

02-05-2010 12:33 AM
Xujinst Offline

Seeing as how my efforts remain fruitless, I think I shall take Aaronock's advice and try to ask your Test and Development section, however I'm rather stumped as to how I do join said section. So if someone could further point me in the correct direction I would be very thankful.

02-08-2010 04:17 AM
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE:??A small request?

Xujinst Wrote:Seeing as how my efforts remain fruitless, I think I shall take Aaronock's advice and try to ask your Test and Development section, however I'm rather stumped as to how I do join said section. So if someone could further point me in the correct direction I would be very thankful.

You send a PM to GM-Aki.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
02-08-2010 07:57 AM