Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guide/Help on playing an Alchemist
Davey~ Offline

Guide/Help on playing an Alchemist

Hi All.

I have just come back to this server and Ragnarok too, and have decided that I should challenge myself and play something I always fancied but never got around to, and the Alchemist is the first.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what to do, how to play one, create one, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Are they fun to play, how do you play them, etc.

Thank you.

Dave

[Image: 25b636je6.gif]
[Image: d59593.gif]
02-04-2010 07:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
F.x Offline
Bob Lawblaw's Law Blog

RE: Guide/Help on playing an Alchemist

ur asking for too much, go play it and experience it urself.

2 words for u, relatively expensive.

Fanimus             - Whitesmith
Clowning Around - Clown
02-04-2010 11:16 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Guide/Help on playing an Alchemist

Alchemists aren't expensive at all; Creators are (either in terms of time or zeny, depending on which route you go).

As an alchemist you have a bunch of choices. You can level like a STR/AGI melee type and wait until you can flee things (and once you're an alchemist get a homunculus to help you kill). Or you can go STR/VIT and just pot spam through damage (and once you're an alchemist get a homunculus to help you kill). Or you could get your hands on a fireblend/ice falchion and bolt things to level from level 40 onwards (and once you're an alchemist get a homunculus to do the base level work for you).

Either way, once you're an alchemist you'll want to get a homunculus as soon as possible. I suggest vanilmirth for leveling, they have the overall best stat growth in every base stat. But, basically, you can play an alchemist like any melee class (admittedly a relatively weak melee class) or you can play it like a mage class (admittedly a really weak mage class).

It's fairly slow leveling until your homunculus can leech you and then you'll need to find some way to gain job levels (but that's not too hard once you're higher leveled). Best of luck!

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-04-2010 12:12 PM