Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Winners Announced Custom Card Contest!
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Custom Card Contest!

Or better asked, since when did Fafnir upgraded to a MvP? That's certainly new knowledge~ He's just a boss mode monster, like how Hydro is to Detale.

Also, already tried to use change target element type of effects (through any methods.) The game does not recognize any of it at all (Selkie tries to change target element to fire before using any water spells, but it never works and results in nothing.)

Increase effects of heal, without svn update, is also not doable. For now, the closest workaround has to activate the heal bonus after getting hit first for a timed duration only, and it cannot stack with any other similar effects.

eA without hardcode edit, cannot change player beyond lv 1 elemental level (the one particular server that does have a custom of this feature, changed their source code. Plus, that server is made by the head of eA himself, so of course he knows how.)

eA cannot cause status effects with any magic abilities at the moment. Status infliction can only be dealt with via physical abilities, or counterattack to physical or magic.

///

As for the question of Evil Druid/Midnight Jack having a 3rd hand or not, since Midnight Jack is a recolor of Evil Druid... the Evil Druid card seems to suggest only 2 hands.

///

iRO giving monsters snap now? Last time she checked, half of them uses waterball (nidhoggur), and the other half spams pulse strike (half of anything that moves in the new world fields.)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2010 08:08 PM by Namine.)
02-17-2010 08:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??Custom Card Contest!

Namine Wrote:iRO giving monsters snap now? Last time she checked, half of them uses waterball (nidhoggur), and the other half spams pulse strike (half of anything that moves in the new world fields.)

I can remember 2 new mobs off hand that have snap, found a few before when looking at all the new gear and such. As for waterball - I thought that was mostly Brasilia's new mobs, though I guess Nidhogg does have a few water elementals too. Also a common trend also seems to be defense disregard.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2010 08:38 PM by Manifus.)
02-17-2010 08:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

[Image: spam1262189438.jpg]

[Image: 9724039_6fc9497464.jpg]

[Image: index_08.jpg]

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
02-17-2010 09:15 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Please don't deliberately post spam, Takhara.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

02-17-2010 09:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Nara Offline
Nara-Oopsies™ since 2009

:D Nara is loving all the carefully thought out card suggestions! Very good job so far. As Nami stated, Fafnir is a mini boss type not mvp.

@nami
Regarding your question on Logi I'll have to see if I'm to make an alternative sprite for him in color or what not and see if he gets added to the contest or not Icon_biggrin. But feel free to add any card suggestions for any custom mob we have with out cards.

[Image: Meow_by_CriG.gif]
Fear the all mighty!
Review heRO RMS
heRO: Wiki ~ Forum ~ CP ~ Support ticket
02-17-2010 09:55 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

GM-Nara Wrote:As Nami stated, Fafnir is a mini boss type not mvp.

It is never too late to make a change! 8D

&

bleh @ change element type not working ):

This means that the elemental change skill on sages also doesn't work on ea?

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-17-2010 11:07 PM by Général_Argos.)
02-17-2010 11:04 PM
Nihil Offline

Alright. Looking at a few of your card suggestions, I only have a few problems that haven't been brought up.

===

Manifus Wrote:Aquaring
Revitalizing "Footgear"
10% Chance to cast level 1 heal on self with each attack, if refine is 9~10, cast level 3 heal.
Combos with Marin Card, auto cast frost driver when attacking.

Peach Tree Card is rather similar. Yours seems rather powerful with 10% chance, but, at the same time, will only reach maximum of level 3 heal.

Bonus effect is similar to Garm Baby Card, but my biggest concern of the bonus effect is that it contradicts the name of the card and base effect of the two cards it's made up of. Shooting ice at someone ties into neither dropping large jellopies, healing yourself on attack, nor Revitalization. I can understand it based on a thematic level of the monsters, but not on a consistency level.

===
Manifus Wrote:Midnight Jack [MVP]
"Shoes" of Midnight
Int + 2, 3% Chance to cast level 10 Magnificate when reciving physical damage.
If Int >= 99, 10% chance to cast level 10 Magnificate instead.
Combos with Evil Druid, Reduce Holy damage taken by 20%

You just mentioned that Baby Classes are left out of the loop and then propose a card that requires 99 int (for card effects, I do believe only the *base* stat is calculated). I would follow tradition with the rest of the stat-point required cards and tone it down to 77. Baby classes won't get ignore that way.

Also... isn't Magnificat bonus hp and sp regeneration, with a max level of 5? Were you, perhaps, thinking of Kyrie Eleison?

===
Manifus Wrote:Eye of Surtur
Scoundrels "Garment"
If all stats are 80 or below, +3 to all stats, if a stat is over 80, give +1 to every stat that is 80 and below.
If character is a baby class, additional +2 to all stats.
If STR > 80, gives character level 1 Triple Attack, damage increases against all types by 1% every 2 refine.
If AGI > 80, gives character level 1 Snatcher, attack speed is increased by 1% for every 2 refine.
If Vit > 80, gives character level 1 Faith, reflects 1% damage for every 2 refine.
If INT > 80, gives character level 1 Dragonology, Cast time reduced by 1% for every 2 refine.
If DEX > 80, gives character level 1 Increase Spiritual Power, After cast delay reduced by 1% for every 2 refine.
If LUK > 80, gives character level 1 Finding Ore, Critical chance increased by 1% for every 2 refine.

Seems wholly impotent while also somewhat... overpowering? A contradiction, I know, but this card in general makes me feel uneasy. Does too much and does too little at the same time.

===

Manifus Wrote:Fafnir [Mini Boss]
Duelist "Shield"
If size = small, reduce damage from small type units by 30%
If size = medium, reduce damage from medium type units by 30%
If size = large, reduce damage from large type units by 30%

I am unsure as to what you wish to do with this card, truthfully. The size requirements seem more gimmicky than useful, in themselves. Same thing applies to the bonus granted from Surtur.

===

Aside from specifics, I am also curious as to some card combination requirements and the bonus they provide -- i.e, Pandaring with Ghostring.

The elemental change problems have already been brought up by Namine.

Everything else not mentioned I do not believe I have a problem with. I give a No1 in response.

Daemon Rue | Daemon Ignis | Hephaestus Dirge
02-17-2010 11:46 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ??Custom Card Contest!

Nihil Wrote:
Revitalizing "Footgear"
10% Chance to cast level 1 heal on self with each attack, if refine is 9~10, cast level 3 heal.
Combos with Marin Card, auto cast frost driver when attacking.

Peach Tree Card is rather similar. Yours seems rather powerful with 10% chance, but, at the same time, will only reach maximum of level 3 heal.

Bonus effect is similar to Garm Baby Card, but my biggest concern of the bonus effect is that it contradicts the name of the card and base effect of the two cards it's made up of. Shooting ice at someone ties into neither dropping large jellopies, healing yourself on attack, nor Revitalization. I can understand it based on a thematic level of the monsters, but not on a consistency level.

Difference is that this goes on shoe, instead of shield, like EPT, which all the cards that seem to heal seem to be exclusive to, honestly level 1 cold bolt would fit to what the mob does better, the heal idea was based on that fact it uses potion pitcher. I agree that the % should be scaled back a bit, as I stated I'm still working on the numbers.

Nihil Wrote:
"Shoes" of Midnight
Int + 2, 3% Chance to cast level 10 Magnificate when reciving physical damage.
If Int >= 99, 10% chance to cast level 10 Magnificate instead.
Combos with Evil Druid, Reduce Holy damage taken by 20%

You just mentioned that Baby Classes are left out of the loop and then propose a card that requires 99 int (for card effects, I do believe only the *base* stat is calculated). I would follow tradition with the rest of the stat-point required cards and tone it down to 77. Baby classes won't get ignore that way.

Also... isn't Magnificat bonus hp and sp regeneration, with a max level of 5? Were you, perhaps, thinking of Kyrie Eleison?

Indeed, that was my mistake, it is max level, the reason I chose 99 was to make it like Amon Ra, which is already an established boss card, meaning that it wouldn't be too over powered and fits along with the other card, evil druid, which this mob is just an edit of, and its int'ness'

Nihil Wrote:
Scoundrels "Garment"
If all stats are 80 or below, +3 to all stats, if a stat is over 80, give +1 to every stat that is 80 and below.
If character is a baby class, additional +2 to all stats.
If STR > 80, gives character level 1 Triple Attack, damage increases against all types by 1% every 2 refine.
If AGI > 80, gives character level 1 Snatcher, attack speed is increased by 1% for every 2 refine.
If Vit > 80, gives character level 1 Faith, reflects 1% damage for every 2 refine.
If INT > 80, gives character level 1 Dragonology, Cast time reduced by 1% for every 2 refine.
If DEX > 80, gives character level 1 Increase Spiritual Power, After cast delay reduced by 1% for every 2 refine.
If LUK > 80, gives character level 1 Finding Ore, Critical chance increased by 1% for every 2 refine.

Seems wholly impotent while also somewhat... overpowering? A contradiction, I know, but this card in general makes me feel uneasy. Does too much and does too little at the same time.

Mostly this card was a reflection of others like Giant Whisper and Aliot, also being good for baby classes and new characters but also balancing out for endgame. Looking back at the numbers, I think that the minimum should be set to 90, so that at most you can only have 2 of these effects at once [MAX]. Curious if having the stat bonus also be set to below 90 would be too strong.

Nihil Wrote:
Duelist "Shield"
If size = small, reduce damage from small type units by 30%
If size = medium, reduce damage from medium type units by 30%
If size = large, reduce damage from large type units by 30%

I am unsure as to what you wish to do with this card, truthfully. The size requirements seem more gimmicky than useful, in themselves. Same thing applies to the bonus granted from Surtur.

If I remember correctly baby size is considered small and peco is considered large. The reason I decided on these stats as well as the name, is that is gives a unique use to different characters, since shields are 90% damage reduction type cards.

Nihil Wrote:Aside from specifics, I am also curious as to some card combination requirements and the bonus they provide -- i.e, Pandaring with Ghostring.

Simple answer, both are ghost property mobs that inhabit poring island. Pandaring having...like 80 defense and ghostring...as itself. They seemed like a good fit.

Nihil Wrote:The elemental change problems have already been brought up by Namine.

Now I'm wondering if there is a work around to level 2 elements, like adjusting your element reductions and bonus damage manually. Then again this could easily be lead to abuse with how those kinds of effects stack. Would be interesting if we were able to freely change elemental properties and race type to spice up pvp elements, though that is far out of the question as of now.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2010 12:30 AM by Manifus.)
02-18-2010 12:28 AM
Nihil Offline

RE:????Custom Card Contest!

Difference is that this goes on shoe, instead of shield, like EPT, which all the cards that seem to heal seem to be exclusive to, honestly level 1 cold bolt would fit to what the mob does better, the heal idea was based on that fact it uses potion pitcher. I agree that the % should be scaled back a bit, as I stated I'm still working on the numbers.
Ahhh, the infamous shoe. Yes, most auto heals do seem to be restricted to shields at the moment. Concept-wise, I am still only weary about the bonus effect from the card combination. I would suggest something more defensively themed -- such as Water Escape Technique -- to keep within the theme of the card, but nothing else sticks out as disagreeable. No1

Indeed, that was my mistake, it is max level, the reason I chose 99 was to make it like Amon Ra, which is already an established boss card, meaning that it wouldn't be too over powered and fits along with the other card, evil druid, which this mob is just an edit of, and its int'ness'
Kyrie Eleison blocks up to 30% of your max health. Magnificat gives you 200% regeneration in both HP and SP. In terms of being over-powered, I highly doubt on-hit Magnificat could ever hope to overtake on-hit Kyrie Eleison. An increase in chance to activate also makes a lot more sense for Kyrie Eleison's usefulness, but doesn't help out Magnificat much.

I would suggest a higher base chance (5%? 10%?) to cast level 3 Magnificat and, as a bonus for having Evil Druid, having a steady bonus to regeneration to go on top of that (while also retaining the bonus holy resistance). Level 3 Magnificat should be more than enough to satisfy somebody without being overkill in terms of duration.

Base stat requirements to "improve" this card's effect seems unnecessary if Magnificat is the skill you're going to use.

Mostly this card was a reflection of others like Giant Whisper and Aliot, also being good for baby classes and new characters but also balancing out for endgame. Looking back at the numbers, I think that the minimum should be set to 90, so that at most you can only have 2 of these effects at once [MAX]. Curious if having the stat bonus also be set to below 90 would be too strong.
A hunter with 99 dex, 99 agility. They will pretty much snatch successfully with any monster they do not outright kill, at a range, while also having their attack speed increased further with their aftercast delay reduced + bonus sp recovery.

Level 1 Triple Attack is impotent. The skill's delay will negate almost any bonus damage you deal with it.

Most classes with 80 Luck will be impotent.

Almost any class who achieves these stat requirements will already have *more* than the bonus you plan to give them, also. Anyone who doesn't? A maximum of 30 total bonus stats (18 if not baby). A minimum of four(?) total bonus stats.

It just feels like it does too much and also does too little at the same time.

If I remember correctly baby size is considered small and peco is considered large. The reason I decided on these stats as well as the name, is that is gives a unique use to different characters, since shields are 90% damage reduction type cards.
Yes, it is, but who wants a shield that changes (completely) based on their size? There aren't too many major monsters that are small, either, to which I will mention again that you seem to have a vendetta against babies again, as this card would mainly be useful for only those who are medium or large except in the rare cases you come across a powerful mob of small enemies (almost never).

ratemyserver findings :

There are about twenty eight small monsters above the level of 60, Beelzebub and Mistress being the only MVPs while four of them were endless tower monsters (and summoned by Entweihen Crothen, a medium monster). There was eight pages total and about six of them were nothing but Treasure Chests or Emperiums.

Medium Monsters above level 60, however, have 13 pages, including Bio Labs 3. None of these monsters are treasure chests / Emperiums, meaning there are between 120 and 130 monsters. The entire first page is nothing but MVPs, and there seems to be at least one MVP every other page.

Do you see what I am referring to?

If you want to go this route, at least make the bonuses vary instead of a flat 30% across the board. Something such as

If small, reduce damage from small, medium, and large monsters by 15%.
If medium, reduce damage from medium and large monsters by 20%
If large, reduce damage from large monsters by 25%.

doesn't *favor* one size nearly as heavily, but instead makes specialization vs generalization.

Manifus Wrote:
Nihil Wrote:Aside from specifics, I am also curious as to some card combination requirements and the bonus they provide -- i.e, Pandaring with Ghostring.

Simple answer, both are ghost property mobs that inhabit poring island. Pandaring having...like 80 defense and ghostring...as itself. They seemed like a good fit.
They don't really fit thematically, though. Most two-card combinations are comprised of a mini-boss and their summons -- Vagabond wolf + wolf, Mastering and Poring, etc. If they do not pair up like this, then they typically, at least, are near copies of each other or attached by storyline -- Munak / Bongun / Hyegun.

A Panda is not at all similar to a Ghost. The only thing attaching them is that they're both difficult to kill and they're poring-class. It's similar to saying that Poring and Poporing should have a card combination because they're both poring-type, or that Leaf Cat and Baby Leopard should have a combination because they're cats.

Daemon Rue | Daemon Ignis | Hephaestus Dirge
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2010 06:26 AM by Nihil.)
02-18-2010 06:25 AM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Looking back through previous pages, I do agree that extended classes need some specific cards. Specifically something that will give + to dex on ninja, as it is pretty hard to get a good dex count on them, for faster casting. I wouldn't mind a gunslinger card either, maybe it can be pandaring?

Pandaring:accessory of attempted poaching.
+Gunslinger
+3 dex,+2 agi. Chance to auto cast Increasing Accuracy when dealing physical damage. Chance to autocast level 1 Piercing shot whe dealing damage.

That idea mainly came along as a funny thought of a gunslinger getting owned by pandaring :3, but I digress. So what do others think of that effect? What should the % chance of autocasting be for each respective effect, is the dex and agi bonus sufficient/too much...? Should this effect stack with other pandarings?

I've never been to muspelheim, so I really know nothing about it. Is there anywhere on the forums I can read about it, or can someone tell me all the details and such so I can ease my boredom writing up some card effects? Icon_smile

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
02-18-2010 01:15 PM