Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Privacy to Creation and Rebirth!
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE:??Privacy to Creation and Rebirth!

Aaronock Wrote:?Would you guys really like it if we had an announcement every hour reminding you to vote and review RMS?...Probably not, so why do we do it with character birthing and transing?

No... we have that random voice from time to time to tell us that.

As to stay on topic, personally, I enjoy seeing people I know go trans and all. But the option of having the Valk asking is nice too.

Going back to an older post about the "secretive" force. If you didn't power-level that squad quick enough, you should be expecting a weakened force already. It doesnt make a difference whether or not it is broadcasted if you can't level them up in time.
02-10-2010 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sukeishima Away
Touched by His Noodly Appendage

RE: Privacy to Creation and Rebirth!

People don't birth or rebirth often enough for the text to be that big of an issue to the people who have to see them.

As for the privacy thing, I don't think its that big of an issue for people to know when you birth or rebirth. If someone cares enough about the levels of people from guilds and whats going on, they probably wouldn't be that lazy as to not just check the CP.

It may be nice to have the ability to turn off your seeing of those messages, or those messages being broadcast about you, but there are far more important things to be worked on than that.

[Image: ROsiggy.png]
[Sukei - 9x Grimmy Assassin] Guildleader of Divine Nocturne <3
[Kalmia - 8x FS High Priestess] KoL's Sweet Potato <3
Click here to see which chars are mine!
02-11-2010 01:52 AM
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

Sukeishima Wrote:People don't birth or rebirth often enough for the text to be that big of an issue to the people who have to see them.
Exactly. Thus, I don't see the big deal in here but I don't mind it being optional either.
02-12-2010 05:05 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

I just wait till everyone asleep then make my secret characters then, its easily the best way to *gets shot through the head*

*dragged away once again into the shadows*

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
02-12-2010 07:00 AM
bugaboo Offline
Other Wolf

Personally, I like the announcements.??It's nice to see who's new, and who might need help.??I also like congratulating the people who rebirth; it's a really big accomplishment!

However, I suppose I see where everyone is coming from.??I believe an option should be added as to make it a private moment, if it would make everyone feel better~

Also, @The Legendary Joe's first comment:

what.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2010 02:55 PM by bugaboo.)
02-13-2010 02:51 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

L. Malady Wrote:Personally, I like the announcements.??It's nice to see who's new, and who might need help.??I also like congratulating the people who rebirth; it's a really big accomplishment!

However, I suppose I see where everyone is coming from.??I believe an option should be added as to make it a private moment, if it would make everyone feel better~

Also, @The Legendary Joe's first comment:

what.

Aren't 99% of those 'new players' just alts anyways? Or has that changed in the last 4 years? O.o

02-13-2010 03:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Sukeishima Wrote:It may be nice to have the ability to turn off your seeing of those messages, or those messages being broadcast about you, but there are far more important things to be worked on than that.

And the GM's chose for whatever reason to implement this rather than work on those more important things, so why did they put this in without really discussing it with the community is beyond me, but they did bother for some reason to put the time to add it in a few SVN back. Icon_neutral

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-13-2010 03:47 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Creation lets us monitor what names are being made. Insult names and fake GMs, for instance.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

02-13-2010 11:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Still, having the option to hide it would please both sides, as GM could still check names, while the community wouldn't be bothered by these anymore.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
02-14-2010 04:15 AM
Janicealvein Offline
heRO's Bridget

GM-Circe Wrote:Creation lets us monitor what names are being made. Insult names and fake GMs, for instance.

I'm almost surprised that no one else said this. It's seriously the most obvious answer to why the creation announcement exists in the first place.

Besides, it's not even all that annoying anyways. The only thing that kind of annoys me is the spam on main when people trans, but it's main so there's probably nothing worth actually reading there anyways.

Janice! the inactive
02-14-2010 05:39 AM