Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ROII Update
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

ROII Update

As you all may or may not know, Gravity has said ROII will be released in 2010 (probably later outside of Korea).

A few screens have been "leaked" though. I like the changes, the game doesn't look so kiddy anymore. Still would have been happy with a graphically updated version of RO1 with some new features added in, but this new ROII does look interesting.

http://blog.naver.com/wlsgud0128/90079366128

http://blog.naver.com/wlsgud0128/90079573382

http://blog.naver.com/wlsgud0128/90079573824

Prontera (I think): http://blog.naver.com/wlsgud0128/90079574107
02-12-2010 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: ROII Update

Too little, too late.

By the time it really gets released, it'll get lost within the great number of other "next-gen" Korean MMOs coming out within this year.

The only real saving grace is it's namesake. But until then, it's vaporware.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
02-12-2010 06:53 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Never too late if they release a good product. Glad they realized how bad ROII was and decided to change it up a bit. I'm sure the graphics aren't the only thing they are changing, the mechanics surely have been overhauled.

Guess we'll have to see the finished product to truly form a solid opinion on it Icon_wink.
02-12-2010 07:03 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

If anything, I'd say it's taking exactly the same route that Mabinogi did with Heroes.

But only time will tell us if it's actually worth it or not. At the moment, there are other MMOs higher on the list than RO2. Icon_razz

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
02-12-2010 08:00 PM
hiropyro Offline
~insert witty phrase here~

RE:??ROII Update

Galt Wrote:If anything, I'd say it's taking exactly the same route that Mabinogi did with Heroes.

But only time will tell us if it's actually worth it or not. At the moment, there are other MMOs higher on the list than RO2. Icon_razz

<< You realize Mabinogi:(not the Icon_smile Heroes is simply a game taking place in the world of heroes. It is neither a direct sequel or prequel. It just uses the name Mabinogi and some storyline elements. Mabinogi 2 is coming out next year.

And meh I would rather see characters, to me they where not so bad looking before lol.

[Image: sigp.gif]
02-12-2010 08:31 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Yeah, I'm hoping we get to see the characters, along with the other races too. IMO they looked a bit too childish, so I'm hoping they look more mature in this new version of ROII.
02-12-2010 08:47 PM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

With Continent of the Ninth, Mobinogi Heroes, Blade and Soul, and others comming out, it chose the wroooooong year to come out.

[Image: hl101.jpg]
02-13-2010 03:15 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

To be honest, out of all of those games...Blade and Soul would probably be the "toughest" to top...when it comes to America. And since the game probably wont be out until 2011 internationally, its hard to say how other games will affect it.
02-13-2010 03:26 AM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

well, goes both ways.??All the games are being released in 2010 (A great year in korean MMOs) in Korea, and by the time RO2 comes out in internationally, the rest of the games will most likely be out internationally around the same time.

Anyways, for me, I want to play C9.??From open beta info, it is supposedly amazingly balanced for classes, and the gameplay looks amazing.??(I'm a DMC fan, and the instanced battlefields are music to my ears for this kind of game).

I'm gonna try most of them if i can.??Probably will be stuck with Dragon Nest until i get a higher end computer however -_-

[Image: hl101.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2010 04:48 AM by Jubei.)
02-13-2010 04:47 AM
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE:??ROII Update

Kulluminatii Wrote:To be honest, out of all of those games...Blade and Soul would probably be the "toughest" to top...when it comes to America. And since the game probably wont be out until 2011 internationally, its hard to say how other games will affect it.
They plan to release Blade and Soul in Korea within this year, and concurrently with the US version, I heard. That means that both versions of the game would release at the same time would be at the same content every time they update.

Oh, and Blade and Soul has also been confirmed to be in console development.

02-13-2010 02:20 PM