Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
mirracle man
TPC Offline
I like pie

RE: mirracle man

Grape juices are not always superior. I can't throw them on my homun using potion pitcher Icon_cry.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2010 07:41 AM by TPC.)
02-16-2010 07:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I don't want to press my button I set for GJ 50 times on my LK to have enough sp in emergency situations to pull me through it. Much rather do it like 5 like my blue pots let me do.

Grape Juice may only be superior when training solo :x

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-16-2010 08:14 AM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Only superior when solo? How come?

3 Grape Juices > 1 Blue Pot SP-wise (45-75 vs 40-60).
3 Grape Juices = 12 weight, 1 Blue Pot = 15 weight.

If I have GJ, I can pack a bit more blue gemstones for Safety Walls... this becomes quite crucial especially in places where resources replenishment is very painful (Thanatos Tower >.>).

I cannot imagine any situation I would prefer to have BPs in inventory to one with GJs... I never use pots when I am on 10-20 SP, I start using them when I have like 200-300 SP and the battle doesn't seem to be over.

Still, this is not an issue right now because there is no sensible way to get multiple grape juices which this topic is all about ;-).

Look, I am not arguing blue pots are completely useless (for example, what TPC said). I am just saying that I would like grape juice to be more accessible but if it is accessible, as Ayantis stated, it might be too efficient in comparison to Blue Pots _-_. And as I stated, I don't really care for GJ price, fish damaged SP market a lot anyway (I'd even say 'destroyed', not only 'damaged').

...I just want to be able to make grape juice in bulks T____T.

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
02-16-2010 08:54 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I have about 500 GJ right now in storage and nobody has tried to buy them really yet at all!

If GJ was so great, why does it never sell, why do blue pots sell? I've sat on markets before that failed and GJ was actually one of them...

Its hard when in the heat of battle to press one button many times over such as potting and then trying to use your moves with it to be quick. As a priest its different to cast off SW and have 2k+ sp easily where as a Double Strafing Sniper might prefer chocolates or blue pots because dammit its hard to want to keep spamming that button for hours on end so much.

Blue Pots are about speed, GJ is about efficiency. Speed is more necessary in party, where as efficiency is more important when solo. :o
That's why I said what I did.

If we up GJ to 1200zeny we are only doing it for WoE players who don't have the time to get blue pots or ygg seed/berry. The PvM community where we have fish, chocolates, and blue pots and everything else sp wise you can imagine just won't care so much OVERALL (not saying you specifically). I have no issue with bulk GJ, but with the price rise you're basically setting the price way higher than it actually goes for on the market right now. I see people vend off GJ at 1k each and sits there for weeks.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-16-2010 09:13 AM
Irxallis Offline
Adventuring Archivist

Blue pots do not sell, unless they are ranked (I don't know about ranked ones, but their weight efficiency is higher and their SP efficiency is higher - those should be vendable).

Anecdotal evidence: As an experiment I tried to sell 100 blue pots at 3500 zeny each for 3 days - no response (400 zeny gain over OC value). I don't know, maybe I overpriced them...

I am not sure grape juice would sell - if, say, I found you online we might be able to make a deal (I'm almost sure of that). But I am not going to browse Pront shops looking for an item, not without @whosells command, unless I am 100% sure it is there somewhere. Grape Juice is supposed to be a commodity, not a luxury -_-'''''''''''. Most people will prefer zeny efficiency to weight efficiency - they will not buy GJ, they have fish.

About 'solo' comment... yes, I agree with you now - if recovery speed is what you need, Blue Pots are far superior. From that point of view indeed blue pots are way better than GJs. We have different experiences, that's all.

Now, about price of GJs:

If we assume PvM SP market cannot be balanced in regards to blue pots I might agree with Takhara - we could even drop the price (but I don't know the effect on WoE people, so I am not going to delve into that or suggest that). Most people use fish of different kinds, some lucky have access to other recovery items (chocolates etc) and people just won't care about GJ. I really think that even if Grape Juice was 600z + Holy Water people would still prefer fish, because salmons are ~850 and are more efficient than GJ. Still, 800+HW is imo not overpriced, we have fish to thank for all of this...

I just had to agree with possible price raise because of balance in SP restorative items... but there is none, anyway... so I am not going to fight over this.

I just want my bulk miracles :3

IGN: Irxallis, 99 FS High Priest (DEX>INT>VIT)
Timezone: GMT+1 (server time +6)
Guild: -
Availability: on demand only

BG equipment = best PvM (demi-human) equipment to achieve only in PvP. Thus, on hiatus, unless you need us.
02-16-2010 09:56 AM