Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gerik the Game Hoster!
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

Gerik the Game Hoster!

Hello heROes! Neighbourhood friendly priest here (Who just got 99/50, yay!), just wanting to inform you all about a couple things I do on Main.

(Other than live there.)

As some of you might know, I tend to host a few games here and there of hide and seek, by giving away clues on Main. I've decided that I'm now going to schedule them instead of making them random. Hopefully this way, more people will be able to join in on the hosted games.

(Guillermo has a bad tendency to win most/all rounds of Hide and Seek. He must be beaten!)

*cough ahem* So as it stands, I'm going to post what games I generally host, and the prizes associated with them! Feel free to use this thread to ask questions about them, as well as discuss ways you think they could be improved!

Hide and Seek!

In a mirror of GM-Nara's hosted Hide and Seek, I will run around the world hiding in dungeons, towns, inside and outside of buildings, anywhere on the map. The first player to trade me (not just see me and say hi) will be able to choose from a list of prizes!

Rules / Limitations
  • I will not hide in places where quest access is necessary (Nameless Island, Amatsu Dungeon). However, places that you just need items to access, not a full out quest (Abyss Lake) are fair game.
  • I ALMOST ALWAYS hide in places where I can survive. That doesn't mean I won't go somewhere difficult, however. You can still trade a dead body.
  • Players in my current guild are not allowed to play on their guild character, however they can play on alts.
  • I will give hints out on Main. It's generally a good idea to keep guesses to yourself, since I neither deny, nor do I confirm any guesses. I also do not give hints via PM.
  • I may hide under foliage/arches/vision blocking things, so be sure to look around with your camera, as well as your eyes.
  • I will post a picture of what I look like currently so that you may find me easier, visually. I will also give you a textual description via PM if you forget. (I don't change that often.)

List of Prizes given
  • Hatter card
  • 3 gold bars
  • List will be updated as I find things to give away! (General idea: Around 300-500k prize worth)

Next Scheduled Game:
Pending, I need to hunt more prizes

Musical Genius!

This is a simple trivia game that revolves around music (of all genres, both new and old). Google is possibly your best friend for this. ( >.> ) Depending on social reception, I will either ask the trivia questions on Main, or I'll hold it somewhere else.

Rules / Limitations
  • The first to answer wins. Period. If text scrolls too fast, I will resort to logs.
  • I reserve the right to ask the following things: The next line of lyrics, The band who sang the song (I will specify if original or cover), The name of the song, The year it was created.
  • A variation of the game will ask you to list as much of the above as you can within a set time-frame. The more you list, the more points you get. At the end, I'll host a little "Shop" where you can buy things with your points.

List of Prizes Given
  • 1 Gold for regular questions
  • Whatever I decide to chuck in shop.

Next Scheduled Game:
Pending, I need to hunt more prizes

Werewolf

Just your regular run of the mill werewolf game. I do give prizes to winners though (Nothing huge-- imagine 10 villagers winning a gold? Icon_cry )

Rules / Limitations
  • The full rules of Werewolf are listed both in the heRO wiki, and on the forum. If you're a new player you can join, and I don't mind explaining things as we go.
  • I don't care if you talk in Main. You can talk in Main if you're in a chatroom. That's up to your discretion to give possible hints away though (It's always best to @main off)
  • I reserve the right to use any and all special characters if I so wish, or leave some out. Ask questions if you don't know what you are.
  • I may or may not have a special prize for "Best Played", which will consist of someone who stayed in the role well and played it out well. They do not necessarily have to win the entire game.

List of Prizes Given:
Gift Boxes
Old Blue Boxes
Old Purple Boxes
Poring Boxes
Dead Branches
Chocolate Drink
Hand-Made Chocolate
White Hand-Made Chocolate
Scattered Fish (From Salmon to Nemo)

Next Scheduled Game:
Pending. Need More Prizes

-------

Again, as I come up with some more games, I'll put them up here so keep an eye out. And always, feel free to offer comments about the games and such. I want them to be fun for all of you, in the end.

(Except Guil. He's not allowed to win anymore.)

Gerik - Some noob Battle High Priest
Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

[Image: TeaCyber.jpg]
[Image: Proto.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2010 09:43 PM by Zerrif.)
02-18-2010 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

RE: Gerik the Game Hoster!

edit: nevermind, just realized this cp doesn't show people's map locations.

However the map stats could provide a hint, should you hide in some unusual and rarely visited map..

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2010 04:59 AM by Mort.)
02-19-2010 04:53 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

like i said yesterday already ingame i don't mind giving/donating some prices so its easier to organize these games for you :3

i got diffenent kinds of gear that drops stuff you could give as prices Icon_biggrin

Edit: though that prob will be mostly werewolf prices since i lack money myself to give you anything good @__@ sorry for that D:

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2010 06:37 AM by Kittie.)
02-20-2010 06:35 AM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

Hehe, that's okay kittie. Anything is a help.

Although why not host your own games of werewolf with prizes? :3

Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

02-20-2010 09:15 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Yesterday was my first game of werewolf... i;m still a noob in it and i don't wanna screw up the game x3

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
02-20-2010 01:02 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

I can finally play Hide and Seek! \o/
02-20-2010 04:28 PM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

You could always play Hide and Seek, you just had to use someone else. It wasn't my fault that you always logged on Joy when I hosted it.

Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

02-20-2010 07:07 PM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

RE: Gerik the Game Hoster! (New Hide and Seek is Scheduled!)

Hey everyone!

Just a small update-- I've scheduled my next game of Hide and Seek! Hope you can all make it!

Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

02-24-2010 11:37 PM
Zerrif Offline
One of Many

RE: Gerik the Game Hoster! (New Hide and Seek is Scheduled!)

Again, just a small reminder-- Hide and Seek is today at 2PM!

Here's a screenshot of what I look like, so you know what to look for.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/k...1267809402

Shichiro - Some noob AD
Muarim - Some noob smith

I'm just a noob.

03-05-2010 01:09 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere