Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
feeding homunculus
TPC Offline
I like pie

feeding homunculus

Some people have been banned for bot feeding homunculus lately.

What I do sometimes is I sit in town and feed it while studying. I have an oven timer set to beep every 10 minutes and when it does I go on the computer to feed the homunculus, then go back to studying. Should I be worried that someone could think I'm bot feeding when doing this?

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2010 01:33 AM by TPC.)
03-03-2010 01:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Flare Offline
These sinners never sin...

RE: feeding homunculus

Well, if one does not respond to the bot checks...what is a GM to do then?

[Image: 97427070.png]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons
03-03-2010 01:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Guilty until proven innocent? This is the internet after all.

Speaking of which, I got my first bot check, been camping hidden temple for roughly 4 weeks now, I feel so proud.

03-03-2010 01:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Underlined section answers all problems:

heRO rules Wrote:Do Not Bot/Macro
Botting will result in a permanent ban of all accounts and any type of macro will result in a permanent account ban, no exceptions. Failure to pass the botting/macro test from GMs, regardless of "actual reasons," will be treated as using bots or macro programs.

It's about the fact that a player failed a bot test, not reason why the player failed a bot test. If a GM sees that there is action and player is not AFK at that moment (which, GMs can tell via #itemlist if feeds are consumed), GM got all the right and reason to initiate a bot test, regardless of being in monster map or a town map.

And so, regarding this:

Flare Wrote:Well, if one does not respond to the bot checks...what is a GM to do then?

Does not respond to a bot test = fail to pass a bot test = ban

As for oven clock timer, after feeding, don't immediately run off as GM may be hidden nearby comparing item inventory pet food quantity at that moment. A simple ~30 second by the computer should do after feeding to ensure that GMs are not initiating a bot test. GMs only initiate a bot test if they see signs of movement such that the player is not actually AFK, so give the GM few moments (in case they are there) after the sign of movement.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2010 02:37 AM by Namine.)
03-03-2010 02:32 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??feeding homunculus

Namine Wrote:Underlined section answers all problems:

heRO rules Wrote:Do Not Bot/Macro
Botting will result in a permanent ban of all accounts and any type of macro will result in a permanent account ban, no exceptions. Failure to pass the botting/macro test from GMs, regardless of "actual reasons," will be treated as using bots or macro programs.

It's about the fact that a player failed a bot test, not reason why the player failed a bot test. If a GM sees that there is action and player is not AFK at that moment (which, GMs can tell via #itemlist if feeds are consumed), GM got all the right and reason to initiate a bot test, regardless of being in monster map or a town map.

And so, regarding this:

Flare Wrote:Well, if one does not respond to the bot checks...what is a GM to do then?

Does not respond to a bot test = fail to pass a bot test = ban

I hope GMs are loud in the case of Alt-tabbers, after all, spawn camping is such a... freakishly boring way to play an alchemist, cost efficient but lame. D:

03-03-2010 02:36 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: ??feeding homunculus

Manifus Wrote:I hope GMs are loud in the case of Alt-tabbers, after all, spawn camping is such a... freakishly boring way to play an alchemist, cost efficient but lame. D:

Camping = homun moving
Homun moving = sign of movement
Sign of movement = players are now responsible to be able to reply to bot test

Once there is signs of movement, that's all a GM needs to validate a bot test. Once bot test goes underway, players are accountable to answer immediately.

Nature of the bot test itself, in terms of how "noticeable" it is, vary from GM to GM, and the style changes once in awhile so that pre-made AI responses cannot be easily applied for heRO.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2010 02:41 AM by Namine.)
03-03-2010 02:40 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:????feeding homunculus

Namine Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:I hope GMs are loud in the case of Alt-tabbers, after all, spawn camping is such a... freakishly boring way to play an alchemist, cost efficient but lame. D:

Camping = homun moving
Homun moving = sign of movement
Sign of movement = players are now responsible to be able to reply to bot test

Once there is signs of movement, that's all a GM needs to validate a bot test. Once bot test goes underway, players are accountable to answer immediately.

Nature of the bot test itself, in terms of how "noticeable" it is, vary from GM to GM, and the style changes once in awhile so that pre-made AI responses cannot be easily applied for heRO.

But homun moves because of the AI D: (It is adorable how it dances around me when at full health) Does that count?

Also there should be a general guideline for bot/afk checks, unless GMs specifically ban stuff like alt tabbing altogether, you know, for a fun and fair Edit: And Safe, environment and whatnot. Not to mention screwing with people's paranoia is kind of a... bad thing.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2010 02:49 AM by Manifus.)
03-03-2010 02:47 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: ????feeding homunculus

Manifus Wrote:But homun moves because of the AI D: (It is adorable how it dances around me when at full health) Does that count?

This rule applies as a conjunction/clarification/extension:

heRO rules Wrote:No AFK Leveling/hunting
No one is allowed in any way or form to level/hunt AFK with the means of any pet, homunculus, @autotrade, item, skill or card.

This will also put alt-tab-and-let-homun-do-the-work under the same umbrella as one of the many "any way."

Safe and friendly way to train homun: do 2 windows instead of minimizing heRO with alt-tab completely so players can still see what goes on in the game. Not that difficult now is it?

03-03-2010 03:17 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??????feeding homunculus

Namine Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:But homun moves because of the AI D: (It is adorable how it dances around me when at full health) Does that count?

This rule applies as a conjunction/clarification/extension:

heRO rules Wrote:No AFK Leveling/hunting
No one is allowed in any way or form to level/hunt AFK with the means of any pet, homunculus, @autotrade, item, skill or card.

This will also put alt-tab-and-let-homun-do-the-work under the same umbrella as one of the many "any way."

Safe and friendly way to train homun: do 2 windows instead of minimizing heRO with alt-tab completely so players can still see what goes on in the game. Not that difficult now is it?

Uh, it can be unless you have a big screen or can run in high resolution, unlike some of us. Is it really that much to ask to just...make some noise? Generally I check back when I hear someone portal in, just pointing out Audio cues are considerate to the players.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2010 03:33 AM by Manifus.)
03-03-2010 03:31 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

heRO is the beginning of the "pay per minute" ISP movement! Providing more reasons to never leave your computer so they can charge you exorbitant prices per minute to stay online.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-03-2010 04:06 AM