Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Green Pots Allowed?
_Wind_ Offline
True Meaning of Fear: Me

Green Pots Allowed?

This subject came up in pvp so i was wondering what everyone elses views are.

- I dont know how to put this but i hope you get the general idea -

In pvp pots are a ' moral ' thing - you dont use healing pots in those fights as its obviously not right (is honorable the word?) , white pots are a ' item ' which you buy, it is not apart of your own ablilities as a fighter so using it shows that you need that unfair advantage to win ( hmm i really dont know how to phase that <--- ... ) , so do you think green pots are allowed in a ' standard ' pvp match?

I dont believe so as its still a item which can be bought and it is not of your own ablitiy, so i view it as cheating when someone uses it in pvp

Whats your views everyone?

( Remember this is pvp duals - not woe )

Leader of the Former ~EX -Freelancer-

[Image: dssignature6zq.jpg]

If you Keep fighting, you'll be defeated eventually -
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2006 07:29 PM by _Wind_.)
03-16-2006 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

RE: Green Pots Allowed?

Okay, so i don't pvp much but here goes: if there's an implied no potions agreement in pvp then that should mean no potions - no consumables period.

If it's an official duel, and not a spur of the moment thing, then if one party desires the use of potions, etc, they should clear it with the other party. However, in occasions where there's 10 people in pvp just killing eachother randomly, it's a bit tougher to moderate such a no potion commitment.
As the Jemhadar say: Victory is life.

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
03-16-2006 07:51 PM
DemonicPrince Offline
The Demonic One™

_Wind_ Wrote:(is honorable the word?)
yes, it is Icon_razz and a good one in my book, but yeah, i think pots are kinda cheating durring PvP, although i can see the other side because i'm a low level, they want to stay alive to keep their "pride" as some say...

Need a RO scripter? Talk to me, Free and Human
03-16-2006 08:21 PM
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

Personaly I use panacea that cant be bought (well I think you cant).

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
03-16-2006 08:40 PM
Zalman Offline

Eldakar Wrote:Personaly I use panacea that cant be bought (well I think you cant).

It can be bought at most any tool shop.
03-16-2006 08:48 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but here it is anyway. Icon_razz

If it's PvP, and some comes up and starts whacking you randomly. I think anything is fair game. Including pots and green pots.

If someone walks up to you, challenges you to a duel, and you accept. Then I'd say no unless terms were agreed upon that state otherwise. I would however say that skills are ok. For instance, a detoxification clip or obeaune card. /no1
03-16-2006 09:23 PM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

RE:??Green Pots Allowed?

Alexander Wrote:Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but here it is anyway. Icon_razz

If it's PvP, and some comes up and starts whacking you randomly. I think anything is fair game. Including pots and green pots.

If someone walks up to you, challenges you to a duel, and you accept. Then I'd say no unless terms were agreed upon that state otherwise. I would however say that skills are ok. For instance, a detoxification clip or obeaune card. /no1
*points up* just about what i said, except clearer?

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
03-16-2006 10:17 PM
Lance Offline
Dragon Lance - Hiya! Normal People!

Must have green pots...then any bloody priest with silence could kill me Icon_cry not cool Icon_cool
03-16-2006 11:43 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

For me, Greens pots are ok in pvp because they dont guive u a bonus against the oppenent, they just save u from being silenced.

If greens pots are not allowed in a duel, it just mean that the first that mute the other wins.

Status recorvery items are things that I accept in duel. Using a green pot when ur silenced because u want to use ur skills is a diffrent thing that using blue pots because u run off of sp.

BTW, Monks that start duels ready for asuraing is something mad lol

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
03-17-2006 12:12 AM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??Green Pots Allowed?

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Using a green pot when ur silenced because u want to use ur skills is a diffrent thing that using blue pots because u run off of sp.

If you think about it, it IS the same thing, silence stops you from using skills, just like not having sp would, after all, it is a consumable item used to aid in battle, its a potion, so in a traditional duel, it wouldnt be unless decided before hand, but in free for all pvp, random slaughtering...who the hell cares right? ;D

03-17-2006 12:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply