Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion: More Warp NPC quests
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: Suggestion: More Warp NPC quests

We GMs honestly do not have the time to go through each script and write a comprehensive guide, usually with pictures to avoid any confusion, for each of them.
The players asked for a place to get custom quest details, and we provided it for them. If that place had been on the forum, would you have expected us to fill them all in there?

A wiki, in the very base of its meaning, has always been a community effort.

As for the giving scripts to others, custom scripts are, for the large amount of RO servers out there today, what makes a server unique.
We won't be giving out the scripts for these quests unless it is nessessary (eg for addtional scripting via Test & Dev).

Thana Tower quest script is a walk in the park. heRO does have several quests that I can think of, that, although much shorter, are more technically difficult than Thana Tower or the Sign Quest in terms of scripting knowledge.

The Yuno Quest Namine mentioned was the Halloween Quest for 2008. It was slightly editted for the rest of the year, and then also promoted for Halloween in 2009, although it was not the main quest.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

03-12-2010 04:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE:??Suggestion: More Warp NPC quests

GM-Circe Wrote:If that place had been on the forum, would you have expected us to fill them all in there?

Yes. At least to some degree, such as, listing all custom quests, requirements, and where to start them.

GM-Circe Wrote:A wiki, in the very base of its meaning, has always been a community effort.

Hence why Wiki and /not the forums/. As stated above.

GM-Circe Wrote:As for the giving scripts to others, custom scripts are, for the large amount of RO servers out there today, what makes a server unique.
We won't be giving out the scripts for these quests unless it is nessessary (eg for addtional scripting via Test & Dev).

And they mean absolutely nothing if people don't know they exist in the first place.

GM-Circe Wrote:Thana Tower quest script is a walk in the park. heRO does have several quests that I can think of, that, although much shorter, are more technically difficult than Thana Tower or the Sign Quest in terms of scripting knowledge.

Biased. Opinion. Blasphemy!
The fact that Thana requires you to be in a semi-competent group and actually have said group stop so that you can do the quest is where the difficulty comes in, which also helps to know what is required of the quest to help speed along the group, you know, so you don't waste everyone's time in that hell hole....er...tower.

GM-Circe Wrote:The Yuno Quest Namine mentioned was the Halloween Quest for 2008. It was slightly editted for the rest of the year, and then also promoted for Halloween in 2009, although it was not the main quest.

....so is it still doable? Details dood. D:

03-12-2010 05:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

1) A lot of the gear quests are already listed on the forums, under custom gears. Quite a few of these have starting locations, or screenshots that show the location pretty easily.

2) Once again, a lot of these quests are mentioned on the forums under custom gears, or under ToH for Allegiance points. The resource is already there. If the player does not read it, we are not to blame.
We always stress the impotance of reading the forums, even if it is just the Announcements/Server Information and ToH parts to the player base.
If players cannot be bothered reading the forums to find these exist, I don't see them easily looking up the Wiki when they can just ask again and again on main.

3) You seem to have misunderstood what I meant. I said from a technical angle, as in, the actual scripting that goes into it, which would be what the Guide Writer read to get the quest steps, instea of doing the quest, if we gave them the script (which we won't).
Thana doesn't even require the members to be in the same party. It is all a simple area check.
There are much more technical (again, script side) custom quests out there, or coming out, than Thana.

4) It's been doable since Halloween 2008.
As for details, you'll have to find out or ask players. It starts in Yuno. Icon_razz

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

03-12-2010 05:57 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I like these quest ideas if they are optional.
03-15-2010 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I'll try to get the guide done for the halloween quest later this week.
I've been doing other things rather than just doing quests for people for the wiki sorry.

I guess its hard to get people to do something for nothing really is the root of the problem here. Why do you think Pandora is actually offering money for a few things in the T&D section?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-15-2010 12:50 PM
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Aaronock Wrote:I'll try to get the guide done for the halloween quest later this week.
I've been doing other things rather than just doing quests for people for the wiki sorry.

I guess its hard to get people to do something for nothing really is the root of the problem here.??Why do you think Pandora is actually offering money for a few things in the T&D section?

Because money solves all lifes problems? Or starts them...

03-15-2010 02:49 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Its capitalism.
There is no such thing as a free lunch. :]

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-15-2010 02:56 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Aaronock Wrote:I'll try to get the guide done for the halloween quest later this week.

I guess its hard to get people to do something for nothing really is the root of the problem here.??Why do you think Pandora is actually offering money for a few things in the T&D section?

Because testing really can be that painful Sweat

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
03-15-2010 03:00 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline