Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question (for GMs) regarding SVNs
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: Question (for GMs) regarding SVNs

As for the GR working on Mosnters spiral pierce... um, last I checked, aka, when the server was made, GR had that little server switched flipped that made it not work in PvM at all... would trunk change that switch too?

Also, as for the no longer being hit out of hide....WHY HAVE WE NOT DONE THIS YET!?

03-19-2010 03:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Revenant Offline
Shadow of Nobody

RE:??Question (for GMs) regarding SVNs

Manifus Wrote:As for the GR working on Mosnters spiral pierce... um, last I checked, aka, when the server was made, GR had that little server switched flipped that made it not work in PvM at all... would trunk change that switch too?

Also, as for the no longer being hit out of hide....WHY HAVE WE NOT DONE THIS YET!?

That's a configuration setting. A configuration setting can be changed near instantaneously; taking effects upon the next server restart. So if it did get switched back, it could easily be returned to its previous state once more, with relatively little effort.

We want YOU!.. in Testing & Development. PM GM-Circe to join.
03-19-2010 04:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

RE: ??Question (for GMs) regarding SVNs

Revenant Wrote:
Manifus Wrote:As for the GR working on Mosnters spiral pierce... um, last I checked, aka, when the server was made, GR had that little server switched flipped that made it not work in PvM at all... would trunk change that switch too?

That's a configuration setting. A configuration setting can be changed near instantaneously; taking effects upon the next server restart. So if it did get switched back, it could easily be returned to its previous state once more, with relatively little effort.

That is what I thought, and I am sad again. ;~;

03-19-2010 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

GR would still not work against monsters (in terms of normal hits) but it WOULD work against monster-used spiral pierce (which is how it is on officials). I believe that's the config setting Revenant was talking about - not the being hit out of hide bit.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-19-2010 04:47 PM
Revenant Offline
Shadow of Nobody

Indeed it was. My apologies; I should've been more specific. 'Being hit out of hide' actually does somewhat pertain to a few configuration settings too, but it may or may not be relevant.

We want YOU!.. in Testing & Development. PM GM-Circe to join.
03-19-2010 04:49 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

LF>Pandora's response to yes/no on this \o/

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-19-2010 06:20 PM
TPC Offline
I like pie

The issue with trunk is of course new bugs that hasn't been found yet, and recently introduced bugs that hasn't been fixed yet. Since trunk is just that, the latest code.

Just taking an older revision of trunk won't work either because then bugs that have been fixed that was in that revision would be unfixed.

There is a way to get the best of both worlds however: Pick a date where the trunk was reasonably stable in the past couple of months, then you go trough the changelog and hand-pick the bugfixes that were applied after then that seems relevant, and have svn generate patches and apply just those. That way you get a relatively updated version (few months old) with any bugs that have been discovered since then fixed. Any serious bugs should be discovered and fixed in a couple of months. And since you're only applying fixes from the code newer than that point, not new features/content, you shouldn't introduce any new bugs.

If you know a bit of programming and how to work with svn and with patches its not too hard, just needs someone to take a few days to actually do it. This is probably what the eathena devs did when they made the current stable.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
03-19-2010 09:40 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

I'm not sure on the exact situation to the original question, but having trunk won't just make things easier to impliment.

Expanding on what TPC said, trunk has meant that eA don't really test their scripts any more. They convert it, and upload it, fix any big errors that the server catches on uploading, while the server can fix any small ones, like ;s missing.
(If I am understanding this right. I just fix the eA scripts. Icon_wink )

However, the downside to this means that entire lines of scipt that are missing, or numbers that are wrong are not caught in either the upload, or the testing, as there really isn't any testing.
So, Trunk can have a lot of bugs and bugfixes.
*reapply intimiate knowledge of the Sign Quest here, aswell*

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

03-19-2010 09:53 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Sorry it took so long to reply, very odd day...

The short answer is we are planning to work on it this year and its also the long answer. I don't want to give you a date because for sure I'm going to say one thats going to be off like a blind man driving. So yes, if all goes well, we will be working on it.

I can't say anything more as I won't sell the bear's skin before its killed. And knowing our luck, we'll have to retest everything, cause everything will be broken...

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-19-2010 09:53 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Thus why the magic and wonder of keeping some parts of current stable that has been fixed in the past, since heRO got a few scripts fixed by stealing from trunk and fixing the trunk version instead. All the job quests, kiel, sign and SM can really benefit by using heRO's current version.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
03-20-2010 03:36 AM