Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question (for GMs) regarding SVNs
Revenant Offline
Shadow of Nobody

RE: Question (for GMs) regarding SVNs

All unwanted or unnecessary quests can be commented out and replaced rather easily. Trunk is rather stable; I'm not sure where people have been getting the idea that it's not, but I think it might be due to few people having actually tried to use it.

A lot of the reported bugs in Trunk (And stable) are quite frankly not reproduceable or even take effect under most normal circumstances (E.G High Rate servers breaking the game with their stat changes). While it is true that Trunk getting more content may lead to Trunk getting more bugs, quite frankly the majority of updates to it are solely NPC scripts - Meaning that if there IS a bug in Trunk, it's almost definitely in Stable too (If not many more).

I would urge the GM's to set-up their own locally-based server with the Trunk SVN before condemning it as buggy and unreliable. It doesn't take too long. Thinking

We want YOU!.. in Testing & Development. PM GM-Circe to join.
03-20-2010 08:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Question (for GMs) regarding SVNs

Either way, we will discover weather its an Urban Legend or not in the year... though not right at this moment Icon_razz

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-20-2010 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply