Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Special arrow quivers?
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: Special arrow quivers?

If you have the space in your inventory, then the items should go there.

If you don't, then they are lost.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

03-21-2010 11:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Pets' storage works by how many "stacks" of items regardless of their actual quantity or their weight. 15 Angel fishes, dropped 1 at a time, is treated as 15 stacks since the pet have to move 15 times to loot it all. 15 Angel fishes together dropped all at the same time is 1 stack to the pet.

Understanding stack is vital to understanding how the item goes back to the inventory.

Now assume that there is a disconnect of the character when the pet is out. What the game tries to do is to is to stuff as many stacks as they can back to the inventory: one stack at a time, to the maximum capacity.

Keyword here is one ENTIRE STACK at a time. Usually, players especially miners/fishers, make the stack as big as they can possibly afford in order to get the most out of their pet.

So each stack tries to go to the inventory. If luck permits and that a stack actually fits, then the stack is saved and goes to the inventory. The game does not seem to do "what is best for the player" and rearrange the stacks so the player gets as much of it back as he/she can: either the player gets the entire stack, or that one stack is declared lost and is dropped to the floor.

I do not understand or know how the game decides on the "order" of which stack to try first. I hate fishing and mining (due to the clicking) too much to invest time on this mechanic. Order does matter in some players' cases, but for sake of explanation, let's just assume that the order is random.

The take home message: using pet has risks and is dangerously unreliable. They are not mini-kafras and they are certainly not a 2nd cart. They have drawbacks. Cases where GMs go retrieve anything "lost" because when pet is related (and when no other players are involved in malicious intent) are slim to none. Logs, though they do record pet activities, don't do a good job at it discerning a disconnect or just unloading for fisherman/miner to sort out stashes.

PS: Pretty sure the existing GM team is very familiar with the current day mechanic as well. Though each and everyone may not know everything, they will surely try to ask one another to find the answer if that is the case (which is common.)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2010 12:51 AM by Namine.)
03-22-2010 12:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Yeah, I caught onto the stack mechanic when I emptied my Yoyo and it dropped a bunch of stacks of sticky mucus and stems instead of one neat stack of each.??What I was lost on was the problem involving logging out/disconnecting.??Now I get it.??ty

Too bad items don't store on your pet when you egg it up.??xp

Oh well, I can still hold roughly three to four quivers' worth of arrows before getting above 50% weight limit.??By the time I actually intend on using them I'll probably have a backpack, though (still a hunter - crit build is for when I turn Sniper as Hunter doesn't offer enough bonuses and necessary equips I have are rebirth-only).??No1

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-22-2010 01:05 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

For some arrow it's even easier to carry the rough material and ignore quiver altogether heh...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
03-22-2010 01:07 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Custom quivers sounds good.
03-22-2010 11:48 AM