Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good MMO's besides Ragnarok?
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: Good MMO's besides Ragnarok?

Ether Saga isn't one that I would recommend. PWI has a horrible habit of replicating it's HUD, quest system, and gameplay directly from Perfect World. Just go play any one of their other games and compare it; don't be surprised to find that they've ripped one from the other. All in all, it's pretty bland. They've only now broken the mold with Battle of the Immortals, but I'm interested in seeing how that would turn out.

Also, if you find a game named Erebus: Travia Reborn, don't try it; it sucks. Played it for 2 hours with a GM on and the guy had absolutely no idea how the game mechanics even worked. Horrible PR/customer service; I even knew how to play the dang Warrior class more than he did after 30 minutes of play (and he was a Warrior, too).

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
04-17-2010 12:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tan313008 Offline

RE:??Good MMO's besides Ragnarok?

Ardney Wolf Wrote:Expanding on the above, slightly: the sight and terrain mechanics work differently in each. There's a night/day cycle in HoN that affects visual range as well (not sure about LoL).

LoL in turn, has a persistence mechanic in that your summoner (your account) levels by participating in matches and then spends those points to unlock characters. The points to unlock characters can also be purchased. IN HoN, nothing persists save your stats and all characters are unlocked from the get-go.

And on a purely personal note, I prefer the art direction of HoN to LoL. But since they're both free to try atm, I'd really recommend downloading both and seeing which one works for you.

That too, and I forgot to add that in LoL theres a "grass" thing system that would allow you to hide if your in it ( they can see you if they enter the grass too )

IshidaUryuu 97/66 Sniper
Fist of Fury 9x/6x Champion
Kuchiki Byakuya 96/47 Alchemist
04-17-2010 04:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply