Poll: Peaceful Dictator?
Yeah, I think it would be cool to have a peaceful leader
No, the world is good as it is. Stop dreaming.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would Buddha have made a good dictator?
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE: Would Buddha have made a good dictator?

It's not game-related, but this is the only poll thread we have.

And, if you want to suggest an off-topic one there is no need.??I did so 2 1/3 years ago.??Point of the matter is that it's a section for polls be they on or off-topic.??No1

[EDIT]

Dharma kings aren't Buddhas but kings who rule in the name of the Dharma; and there were thousands of Buddhas before Buddha Shakyamuni just as there will be thousands after him.??A buddha is naught but someone who has attained enlightenment.??Ok

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2010 10:34 AM by Whispers.)
03-24-2010 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

i said buddha to be, they are not buddha yet and dharma kings are described as one who have some form of enlightenment to be able to rule without corruption. (i based it on the description from the pali nikayas)

edit: there are other dharma kings, i think ashoka the great was considered to be one by some. but the description i have from pali nikayas is that dharma kings are ones who have supreme authority in their world during their era of rule like mahasudhassana. ie. they rule the world they live in when they are alive, this exclude every ruler that exist in our history.

btw, i am starting to get very annoyed with people putting up questions like this. it is very disrespectful. it has the potential of lots of nasty comments popping up and lots of uneducated opinions posing as truths causing lots of anger. i've heard the "oh, she is buddhist, they are like hippies without the pot. it is sad" comment thrown at me at school because i went to a catholic school. i hate it when my faith became a topic of debate especially by people who knows nothing about it.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2010 11:02 AM by Rei Ayanami.)
03-24-2010 10:37 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:??Would Buddha have made a good dictator?

Rei Ayanami Wrote:"oh, she is buddhist, they are like hippies without the pot. it is sad"

I've gotten that one before, too.??D:

The top three responses I get (in descending order) most often are:

3-
"Oh, you're Buddhist???So, how do feel about 9/11?"
"It's was terrible!??What do you mean how do I feel???0.o?"
"Well, I mean - they were your people and all..."
"...No... They were Muslim... -_-'""

Buddhists are not Muslim as can be seen here.??D:

2-
"So, who exactly is the Dalai Lama?"

1-
"Buddhist???What's that?"

Number one actually got a few people mad at me on main about a week or so ago when I asked if there was a Buddhist online who could help me with something.??When I got no response I furthered, "LoL... Does anyone even know what Buddhism is???xD"
And then, like, three people jumped on me for calling everyone on HeRO an idiot.
I tried to explain to them my personal experiences with others encountering my being Buddhist but they wouldn't have it.??They said I was calling everyone ignorant despite my original intentions and i should be ashamed.
People annoy me sometimes.??=/

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-24-2010 11:24 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

that is the exact reason i wished religion stayed out of hero. a lot of people do not know what they talk about and just rage at the first thing they see because of assumptions. i am not ashamed of who i am but i would prefer it if i can physically return the favor if they decide to offend me.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
03-24-2010 11:31 AM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Dictatorship needs violence to be enforced to make it work right, it also uses violence to diminish all other opposition parties...I dont think a peaceful dictatorship would work, but i'm sure there is a name for such a government. Whatever it is though its way too far off the ideals of facism to be called a dictatorship.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
03-24-2010 02:41 PM
Kenshiro-san Offline
Somebody say Sohee?

RE: ??Would Buddha have made a good dictator?

takhara Wrote:
Kenshiro-san Wrote:No system is the best system.

Annnarrrrrchyyyyyyy !

Whistle Well of course!
'Tis the way of the... the uh....
uhh..........
Icon_suprised

The Medieval way! I think. Icon_biggrin

The KENSHI way. No1

Click on ->[Image: Smiley7.gif]<- to know about Algid Skepcis! We're so awesome not even Naruto believes it.

Characters:
Kenshiro-san - Priest - XX/50 - Algid Skepcis
Whisps - Ninja - XX/XX - Algid Skepcis

03-24-2010 06:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

fascism did get Germany rolling again for a while, then Mr. Crazy Ideas thought he could play selective breeding with humans and decided he doesn't like the Jews. Hitler is brilliant as a politician regardless of how immoral he is, with the genocide and all.
i am not pro fascism it is one of the most retarded system i ever came across. i am just saying, every system has a potential to work as long you put someone who is good and can manage things in charge. otherwise you get all sorts of mess.

Welcome to our world.
03-24-2010 10:55 PM