No 62.50% 10 62.50%
Total 16 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Polygamy
hexzerg Offline

Polygamy

Icon_wink When one spouse isn't enough. We already have gay marriage. Where are the rights for people that want more than one spouse? Who is with me! Icon_twisted
03-25-2010 11:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bugaboo Offline
Other Wolf

RE: Polygamy

See, I'm a total pimp. But I can't wedlock any of my girls (or guys). Well, I can, just not enough! My name is Malady, and I approve of this message.
03-25-2010 11:13 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Ingame or in real life?

In game I say no as this could be easily abused and would provide too many scripting headaches.

In real life is a touchy matter.??Off the top of my head I want to say no as I don't believe one person can truly love multiple people equally; and you marry the one person you love more than anyone else.??At least that is my definition of marriage; but I'm old-fashioned (I don't even kiss on the first date =p).
However, we've Mormons and Muslims who hold polygamy in their faith.??I can go into my feelings on this, but despite my personal opinions I can't deny someone the right to practice their religion.

So, until you clarify on ingame or irl I'm undecided.??Ok

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
03-25-2010 11:23 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

I believe they mean ingame.

To which the answer is...
*shakes 8 ball*
No. Icon_razz

Not only would it mean a bunch of coding to actually make the game recognise and support it, then there is also the problem of making the skills recognise and work with either more than one person, or just the person whose ring the player is currently wearing.
That then brings up problems with if they are wearing two rings at once.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

03-25-2010 11:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

what they said about in-game...

about IRL, i would say that i still can't believe people can share their feelings equally to their multiple spouses, be it a female or a male...

-w-
03-26-2010 12:50 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Indeed.??I'm all for gay marriage.??Marriage, to me, is naught but a legal binding between two people who have agreed to do so.??I feel they should, of course, love each other because how else are you going to be able to spend the rest of your life with them???xD

As for polygamy, I don't feel my opinions should affect laws and statuses.??Acknowledging this, if people want to, they should be able to.??Ok

Then again, I've been called a "Libertarian".??I feel a government should not exist since the word "govern" means to dictate policies and the like.??I think people should be allowed to live as they may where they may in respect to other people's well-being.??If a man wants to go and stake himself some land and live there for the rest of his life growing and smoking pot there should be no ruling party who will throw him in an iron and concrete box just because they think they own that piece of land and they feel marijuana is detrimental to society.??I also feel the military should be in existence simply because there are those who wish to do just what I have stated - take over all the land and enforce their ideals on people.

I believe in a bartering system as opposed to some sort of monetary system.??I feel a treasury should exist for the sole reason that money is nothing but a representation of value.??A table and chair set I craft might be worth a handful of another man's livestock.??These two things are equal in value to myself and the man in question.??This value can also be represented monetarily and exchanged as such.??With this in mind I can buy a PS3 since I doubt Sony wants my handmade furniture.??xp

Above all, I think these two things, the military and treasury, in addition to a judicial system should all be held and run by the people as opposed to elected officials. Ok

However, I'm getting waaaaaaaay off-topic!??xD

03-26-2010 01:51 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

untill know my opinion is the closet to Whispers.

In game i'd say no, as in marrien 1 char to (for example) 3 other pll. It can be abused to much (and lol if you'd use the "i miss you" skill, you'd have 3 spouses appear for your nose *sees image*)

Different chars to different pll their chars, why not? In game = in game, i personally don't care if someone have 1 char married to another or if someone has all their chars married to different pll per char.

Irl, well i'm kinda old fashioned, polygamy really isn't my thing. I don't like sharing and the thought of sharing (whenever that may happen) my hubby or wife irl would be like... *shivers*

For the rest if someone irl would want to do polygamy, well for me they are free to go (mits and only mits! if done in free will and no one is forced etc.. etc.. etc..). Just because it isn't my thing doesn't mean i'd stop other pll from doing the things they like.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
03-26-2010 02:26 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Pretty sure that since the GMs left this poll inside "Game Related" section, the context of the discussion is in-game...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
03-26-2010 02:51 AM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Yeah, but the way the original poster worded the poll makes me think otherwise. Thinking

Also, we haven't heard back from the OP on what he is referring to and this is our only poll section (which is why I have continued to suggest an off-topic one for the entire 2+ years I've been here. xp)

03-26-2010 03:40 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Personally, RO marraiges never last long enough to be made seriously.??The only reason I could conceive for in game marraiges outside of just wasting money, is Abusing family skills (or Linker Skills), or??Leeching people outside of your normal share range.

Given the fact 1 person cannot be online all the time, I think it'd be smart if you could wed multiple Brides/grooms For a wider selection of people who could provide those skills.

RO is cute and all, but you don't have to spend all your time with your soul mate like you would IRL. You're husband and wife, but you don't Live together at all. If only there was a way to give??the ol' ball and chain a little more weight??to bind these couples together, I'm sure they'd think more about their candidates before they wed.

In real life. I find??One woman is more than enough. If I'd have to live with a girl, she'd probably get awfully damned fed up with me because of my quirks and I'd get pissed off about other subtle things she does as well. And with as ugly as some Girls cat-fights get, I'd hate to be stuck in the middle and being forced to play referee with two angry women (assuming I could get lucky enough to get two at the same time)

I'm not sure if that sentiment would cover homosexual couples as well... but at the very least the men wouldn't have as much to blame on that time of the month.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2010 04:20 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
03-26-2010 04:11 AM