Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Both a Q&S - Shields and... chocolate? :S
Zandor Offline

Both a Q&S - Shields and... chocolate? :S

Hokay, so these are more along the lines of "questions" rather than suggestions.

First of all - on *most* servers, Stone Buckler [1] and newer shields like Cross Shield [1] do not have sprites. (I am biased since I'm a crusader who uses shields 100% of the time...I just hate having empty sprites...)

a) Has heRO given them sprites? I haven't seen other players with them to check yet :x
b) If not, is it possible? (Eg: just a normal Buckler sprite for Stone Buckler)
c) ALSO If possible, could *custom* sprites be made for them, *if* they could be implemented? (I'd love to have a go making sprites for them ... but kinda pointless if all of above answer is "Not possible" lol.)

Now this next I'm expecting a "No" answer, so thats k but worth trying anyways~

When I was first playing here, I *missed* the Valentines event by one day (had to go away for the whole time Icon_cry ) ... I see a few people wearing the "Yummy Choc" headgear ... and I *really* want one :x ... its more awesome than Crunch Toast! *gasp!* ... plus has the bonus of chance of chocolate items! :F

So the question is: is there a way (not now obviously, but in future) I could still get/make one? Obviously buying one from another player is an option... but for example, will it be put into the Hatter Quest Hat List, or will I *literally* have to wait till next Valentines day to make one? :x
04-08-2010 12:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Both a Q&S - Shields and... chocolate? :S

a) hm not sure, but probably not if by default they do not

b) technically yes, need to change their view ID to the same as buckler in the item database

c) currently for any RO server, custom sprite for anything beyond a headgear is a high level coding issue with addressing view IDs (anything is "technically" possible but it's a matter of if our team can do it, and even if they can, then how long does it take and is it worth the hassle)

d) either from next year, potential event prize reward (such as fairy auction or other events), or you'll have to buy from other players. Holiday seasonal hats are almost never in the hatter list: only the seasonal hats from a long, long time ago are there. We have not seen recent holiday special hats be included in hatter. As I stated already, fairy auction got the best chance of seeing a holiday-exclusive hat reappearing.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
04-08-2010 02:32 AM
Zandor Offline

Ahh ok... that clears it up I suppose xD *looks into what "fairy auction" is* Whistle
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2010 02:54 AM by Zandor.)
04-08-2010 02:53 AM
TPC Offline
I like pie

Actually if I'm not totally mistaken yummy chocolate can also be gotten from the easter quest. So if you collect 100 eggs you can get it. The easter quest will be here for another week.

My chars: TPC / Tjuven / Dansare / Sinne / Magiker / Byracka / Krigare / Andreas
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2010 03:56 AM by TPC.)
04-08-2010 03:55 AM
Zandor Offline

ofmgawesome *starts hunting eggs frantically* :F

*re-edit* = yaaay! :D
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2010 12:35 AM by Zandor.)
04-08-2010 05:04 AM