Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)
Magazine Offline
Did somebody say Osiris?

Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)

How about an NPC or a skill or whatever that allows you to take all the items you have on you (brewing only of course) and allows you to enter how many you want brewed?

EDIT: Not that it should all be brewed in a second but at least let me cast Pharmacy that many times without forcing me to click that many times. When you're mass brewing it puts quite a strain on the player.

It saves keyboards. Say I have to brew.. 10,000 condensed reds. How would I normally go about this? Press the pharmacy button and enter key 10,000 times? Maybe set it to my mouse scroll and scroll 10,000 times? This topic has been discussed to some degree in my whining thread:

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=13927

People agree that is it a pain (others seem to enjoy pressing buttons constantly). I agree that this might be tricky to code and has low priority in respect to whatever else the GMs are doing, however I think it's fairly important to address. I often dread having to brew on my Creator, looking for the party isn't that bad, but actually sitting down and brewing? Not fun. And when I have 10,000 things to brew, finding a dedicated party to just sit there, buff, etc isn't always easy.

Sure you can say: Then don't be a Creator. But I enjoy the class and I think this suggestion can improve how the class enjoyed and add a little something extra to it.

[Image: heRO-Userbar.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2010 05:51 PM by Magazine.)
04-09-2010 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)

Only if we introduce a system where I can fish all my bait at once and get results, or mine all my picks at once.

Also, I'd like to be able to just push the Acid Demonstration button and throw a bunch at once to kill those MVPs. I mean, the alternative is pushing it multiple times which is a pain.

On top of that, let's just have people start at 99/70. I mean, they could kill monsters and level up, but that is DEFINITELY a lot of clicking which is a pain - so we should just have them go to an NPC and say which monsters they would have leveled on and then they can get 99/70 and all the appropriate loot they would have gotten.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-09-2010 03:32 PM
Magazine Offline
Did somebody say Osiris?

Yes because attacking and leveling requires the same mindless effort as brewing.

No of course not, no one has fun attacking and leveling. Yes we all want to get to 99/70 in a minute. We're only a lowrate server.

04-09-2010 03:36 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??Brewing made easy! (Keyboard friendly)

azurerogue Wrote:Only if we introduce a system where I can fish all my bait at once and get results, or mine all my picks at once.??

Also, I'd like to be able to just push the Acid Demonstration/Double Strafe button and throw a bunch at once to kill those MVPs.??I mean, the alternative is pushing it multiple times which is a pain.

I was going to post a variation of this in the other thread, but I couldn't think of enough examples. I guess maybe I put too much effort into moving my mouse with my brain.

Thanks <3

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2010 03:46 PM by Ultima_Pi.)
04-09-2010 03:45 PM
Magazine Offline
Did somebody say Osiris?

I'm not understanding the significance of that example, you're actually attacking an enemy. I get that the principle is the same, button spamming, but for brewing, you're just sitting in a town (ideally) and just clicking away when you could be doing something else. Brewing is small bursts isn't that bad, but when I have like.. say 17,000 condensed whites to make.. that's a lot of just sitting in town and pressing buttons / scrolling.

It's not that like brewing everything at once is game breaking. It's going to get done eventually. But instantly killing an MvP just because you can..

So many things can do wrong, it's completely different from being safe and mindlessly clicking in towns, where as when MvPing you have more things to consider.

And I get that you're most likely being sarcastic, but it seems fairly out of place given the differences between what I'm suggesting and what you're attempting to suggest to belittle my idea Icon_wink

Sorry upon further reflection that seemed kind of mean and a needless escalation.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2010 04:17 PM by Magazine.)
04-09-2010 03:54 PM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

Going to be serious a second and address what I believe is a point inherent in Ultima's post, sarcasm or no.

The point is opportunity cost. A Biochem sitting in town brewing is a Biochem who isn't out throwing AD at MVPs or farming materials. The choice is consciously made to brew for self or guild as opposed to hunting for self or guild. And it's these kind of opportunity cost choices that keep a pseudo-balance in the game.

The argument that "it's going to get done" then doesn't hold up in that light. Using the same reasoning it could be argued that there should be an NPC that should hand out thara/hydra/etc cards to people who hit 99 because at that point hunting them isn't a challenge at all and people doing so are just "pressing buttons / scrolling" and could be doing something else. But again, the very fact that they need to invest time (or money which takes time to accumulate) to get those items means its time or money they aren't spending on something else and forcing them to make that decision is an integral part of the gameplay dynamics.

tl;dr: Sometimes things are intentionally slow in MMOs for gameplay reasons. Ultima's post is therefore, not entirely irrelevant to topic at hand as was suggested.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2010 04:18 PM by Ardney Wolf.)
04-09-2010 04:17 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Actually, my post was completely irrelevant/sarcastic, as it was merely agreeing with Albus.

The primary topic as I see it is the physical act of clicking/scrolling, not what you're doing in game. Thus, DS/AD/Brewing/etc.

You haven't addressed Mining/Fishing. Demobbing the area takes about as much effort as getting everyone into the brewing party with the correct classes, assuming you have the people to begin with. Pressing Enter to mine/fish/brew, occasionally opening cart/storage to unload/reload picks/baits/medicine bowls, and... doing whatever else to occupy yourself from whatever braindeadening activity you're doing. It's all the same. DS/AD, once you're used to it, is pretty monotonous as well. If you get to the point where you view it as a boring chore and keep putting it off, you may just want to stop playing, because you're not going to like it when it finally catches up to you. Oh wait.

Magazine Wrote:say 17,000 condensed whites to make...It's going to get done eventually

I vaguely wonder why you have over 10k to brew to begin with. If "it's going to get done eventually", you should be doing it in 1-2k spurts, and not putting it off until you have 30k batches. Obviously, brewing for guild/friends who hoard this crap (I am totally guilty of this) don't help much, but you do what's reasonable (like 1-2k) and let people go about their business (I've never held anyone for more than an hour, and these are you-name-it-I-just-brewed-it sessions).

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
04-09-2010 04:57 PM
Tsubaka Offline

yup, I think fishing and mining, and here brewing too, if it wasnt then there would be twilight alchemy for all kinds of brewing. Only if the entire server quits brewing then it might be worth to considder imo.
04-09-2010 05:00 PM
Ardney Wolf Offline
Eccentric Old Guy

Well, as stated at the beginning of my post, I was addressing what I felt was a relevant factor that prior posts had raised whether their intent was to raise them or not. Of course, it was Albus that actually said it but I saw you quoting and ended up attributing it to you.

IMO, you can't separate the act of clicking/scrolling from what's being done in game as those actions take a set amount of time. Because time is an integral part of gameplay for MMOs, streamlining any action must be looked at carefully to ensure that it doesn't unnecessarily upset core gameplay structures. That's what I was getting at, anwyay.

Ardney - 99/70 Paladin
Objection!
04-09-2010 05:06 PM
Magazine Offline
Did somebody say Osiris?

Very good points, I suppose I was a bit rash to completely disregard the point and label is as irrelevant. I understand that time should be taken to brew. I'll edit my opening post to reflect this. I'm just not big on the whole clicking on a key the entire the time. I mean time is taken to gather or buy the materials, do I really need to spend 4 days converting my materials into a usable form?

I feel the example of just handing out cards is very weak. Time is spent gathering the materials for brewing, what you're jokingly suggesting is much quicker than what my brewing idea would imply. You're saying that an NPC just give the card. My idea doesn't just give out the potions, ADs, etc. You need the materials.

As for fishing and mining, I have problems with that too. I understand the GMs need actual human interaction to do these tasks otherwise it gets very imbalanced. My suggestion: Just click on the chatbubble and fish/mine without confirmation every single time. Yes you can argue that you're still clicking a lot but I'm not here to suggest an idea for fixing that aspect of the game, though my idea for that seems pretty ok.

I totally get that you need to take time to make your products, but if you already spent time gathering it, at least let my Creator cast the skill x times without me having to click x times. I mean yeah hoarding 17k of an item is a bit much but it's my choice to do so. Hell I don't even care that much about the time, it's the physical exertion, the actual clicking that many times.

tl;dr I know brewing needs to take time but there have to be better ways then clicking every single time for every single item. Considering Creators actually brew to level and support guilds, it's a lot to ask to have us click every single time. Think of our hardware.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2010 05:52 PM by Magazine.)
04-09-2010 05:41 PM